News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sctrojan65

Member Name: sctrojan65
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SHE LOVES ME Reviews
 Mar 25 2016, 01:31:38 AM

After having listened to the cast recording from the 90s version lo these many years, I finally saw it tonight. Absolutely wonderful. Watching Benanti sing "Will He Like Me" and Levi sing the title number (among so many others)....just wow! Funny. Heartwarming. Lush. And the music and lyrics are simply brilliant. What a great old musical with a cast that is hitting it out of the park!

Roger Rees
 Jul 11 2015, 04:06:55 PM

I really enjoyed The Visit.  I found it quite mesmerizing, and the music was beautiful.

I thought Roger Rees was just great in the part.  Nothing overpowering or over the top in voice or acting, but just a natural portrayal of his character.  A very believable performance.

Saturday Night Fever tour?
 Jul 6 2015, 12:52:58 PM

I know it didn't capture the hearts of the critics when it opened, and it didn't exactly capture the soul of the movie, but I really enjoyed it.  And the audience with whom I saw it, seemed to, as well.

Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
 Jul 6 2015, 12:47:31 PM

This is a show I really want to get back to NY and see next year.  It was my first Broadway show in the early 70s when I was a kid and would be cool to see it again. Never caught any of the revivals.

re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
 Jul 6 2015, 12:42:33 PM

Chita, for sure!

Tony Yazbeck
 Jul 3 2015, 09:22:51 AM

Won't go into any more detail about my response…already explained that. Suffice it to say things change daily when it comes to theater so just throwing out a question to confirm the latest news if there is any. In addition….well, for the sake of discussion, sometimes people do miss parts of a thread. So be it. It happens. Maybe not in this particular case. But it does happen.

No need for the bruin to get all wound up about it.

Gotta love the "instigate>&

Tony Yazbeck
 Jul 2 2015, 01:23:42 PM

Um, what?  

Was simply meant as a throwaway question/line to reconfirm.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Jeez. Some of the responses to the comments, questions and observations on these boards are  truly mystifying.  I see what people are saying now.

Funny…come over here from the football boards to partake in some civilized theater discussion and what do you get….0 to insult in 0 seconds flat.  Over something totally irrelevant to the subject at hand [rolling eyes and shaking head].

Some theatre fans make the most intense football fans look like the most pious of angels. Increible!  And yeah, that's Spanish….not a typo.   And yes, I know there's an accent missing.  

Like, wow.   

On the Town will have some very special cameos on July 8th
 Jul 2 2015, 12:35:45 PM

That is fantastic!

Tony Yazbeck
 Jun 30 2015, 09:08:23 AM
"Tony does have intentions of continuing with "The Floor Above Me".  It'll be popping up in other venues.

"

As in, venues across the country I'm hoping!!

I heard he was touring with OTT, is that correct?

How great if he was side booking some venues in the cities he'll be appearing in with OTT.

I haven't seen a show at the Cinegrill at the Hollywood Roosevelt in years…and not even sure if they still do shows there anym

THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
 Jun 30 2015, 09:01:52 AM
^^^I agreed with you on Bullets Over Broadway (in the Mazzie thread), and considering the way I felt about the score when I saw The Visit in April, I have no doubt I'll agree with you on this recording. Can't wait to get it. It was a highly provocative and mesmerizing score, IMHO.
Marin Mazzie and Judy Kuhn
 Jun 30 2015, 08:58:23 AM
"I thought Mazzie was terrific in Bullets Over Broadway, but I also loved the show overall.

"

I'm with you. I saw Bullets Over Broadway last summer and was really glad I ignored the critics on that one.

Just goes to show that two people can see the same show with one loving it, the other not.

I know the music wasn't "original," but I think it (mostly) worked. I'll admit that I wasn't overly enthralled by the "Bananas"

Disney films that would make fantastic Broadway shows.
 Jun 30 2015, 08:40:53 AM
I saw Matthew Bourne's production of Sleeping Beauty in Los Angeles and really liked it a lot. It was more ballet than Broadway, but I found it really beautiful.

I would love to see what Disney would do with it, as well.

I always thought, as dated as it might be, Bedknobs and Broomsticks would be cool….with the flying bed and undersea scenes. And bring in Angela as Eglantine Price.

Hello Young Lovers
 Jun 29 2015, 02:59:48 AM

">And Jose Llana's rendition of "I Have Dreamed" is perhaps one of the most beautiful I've ever heard.<
Have you heard Martin Vidnovic sing it on the 1977 Broadway cast recording? "

I have actually.  I still think Llana's version is one of the most beautiful I've heard.

Hello Young Lovers
 Jun 28 2015, 01:35:54 AM
I don't find Donna Murphy any more flat on the CD version of TKAI than I did the night when I saw her in the role of Anna opposite LDP.

Is she operatically belting out the tune? No. It's simply a beautiful and tender rendition IMO.

The night I saw her, I found her voice to be beautiful and her acting to be stellar.

And I thought LDP was charming.

And Jose Llana's rendition of "I Have Dreamed" is perhaps one of the most beautiful I've ever heard.

delays at 20th Century
 Jun 22 2015, 01:15:38 AM

Which just goes to show that two people can see the same show and come up with the exact opposite reaction.  

That's theater for ya.

I thought OTTC was fast-paced, witty, and the performances were outstanding from top to bottom.  

The staging, sets and costumes were super, and the audience was with the show the whole time, responding favorably at every turn.  

I fully agreed with the raves it got, and find the extreme opposite reactio

The Producers love affair with Gershwin
 Jun 21 2015, 02:13:43 AM

3 musicals in almost 25 years….constitutes a lot?

Understandably "every musical" was indeed an exaggeration.  But so is saying that it's been happening "a lot."

And when you think on it, you also have The King and I taking best revival twice, in less than 20 years too?  And only a few years after South Pacific was done.  

Too much Rodgers and Hammerstein, as well?

Jose Llna and Hoon Lee are the next Kings
 Jun 18 2015, 08:37:27 PM

I saw Jose Llana in the 1996 version of TKAI and think his rendition of "I Have Dreamed" is one of the most beautiful (if not THE most beautiful) I have ever heard.

Also caught he and Lea Salonga in Flower Drum Song in L.A. on its pre-Broadway run.  He was great in that too.

Sydney Lucas was robbed of a Tony
 Jun 14 2015, 11:32:58 PM

Agree.  ^^^  It will play out like the Kristin vs. Kelli showdown.  Which was decided last Sunday night.  But will continue to be a subject of convo.

THE KING & I Reviews
 Jun 14 2015, 09:12:41 PM

Almost makes me want to hit NYC when Fiddler on the Roof opens.  So interested to see how Sher stages it.

Sydney Lucas was robbed of a Tony
 Jun 14 2015, 08:50:15 PM

"I know I'm in the minority here, and I won't be seeing Fun Home until my trip to NYC in about a week, but I've seen two videos of Sydney Lucas performing "Ring of Keys" now, and although there's no denying that she's precociously talented (and that it's a great song), both times I felt she rather over-acted it. I'm of the "less is more" school of acting. I'm yet to see her live, but based on her performance of her character's big song...no, I wouldn't have given

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You