News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kdogg36

kdogg36 Profile Photo
Member Name: kdogg36
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Tony Awards  Apr 16 2024, 09:16:28 PM

yyys said: "look at the post above from HeyMrMusic."

You said there is no book, which is what I was responding to. That's a completely different proposition from its book is not eligible for a Tony.

2024 Tony Awards  Apr 16 2024, 08:43:37 PM

yyys said: "there is no book."

It has characters; it has a story; that story is divided into scenes; it has stage directions. Of course it has a book.

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 08:13:56 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "If this runs when “OTHELLO”, does it’ll be the first time in a long time (I think) two Shakespeare plays have been on Broadway at the same time?"

Perhaps the last time was in 2013, when Mark Rylance starred in Richard III and Twelfth Night in repertory at the Belasco.

JK Rowling Concerns  Apr 16 2024, 07:51:28 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Thanks all, this is for sure a better reception than my last thread on this subject got. That’s a relief."

Welcome back, and I'm very relieved that this thread broke the way it did. 

JK Rowling Concerns  Apr 16 2024, 07:39:07 PM

dramamama611 said: "I'm not throwing out the books, she gets nothing from my rereading them. Not that I'm sure I will."

I respect that choice, but another rational option would be to offer them up for sale on eBay or Amazon, so that some prospective reader will buy a used copy rather than sending a buck or two to she-who-shall-not-be-named.

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 11:15:40 AM

OhHiii said: "I mean, that's very clearly not the point I making which is a financial one. Kimberly Akimbo lost money for months leading up to the Tonys and very quickly started losing money again thereafter. There is no scenario in which you can call KA a financial success because it limped along through the awards. It won, it still lost money."

I doubt the producers of Kimberly Akimbo have much regret about staying open through last year's&nbs

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 14 2024, 01:27:38 PM

BETTY22 said: "I found the songs lacking in the traditional show tune quality that you expect from musical theater."

As these things often go with opinions, it's this very aspect of the score that I found so satisfying. I thought the songs served the story very well without sounding anything like a typical contemporary Broadway score, from the thumping insistence of "Anywhere" to the lovely but stark "Easy."

I especially appreciate

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 12 2024, 11:30:21 AM

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

I re-read the novel a few months ago, and this take on Nick is not really much of a stretch. I just checked Wikipedia and it looks like the question of Nick's sexuality has been discussed for many years.

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 12 2024, 07:57:18 AM

Mr. Wormwood said: "Poor Heart of Rock n Roll always gets forgotten"

The same could be said for Days of Wine and Roses. I don’t expect a closed show to get much postseason attention, but it’s the best-reviewed new musical so far and has the prestige factor. 

Broadway-themed quote acrostic  Apr 10 2024, 09:02:55 PM

chrishuyen said: "Also, what are the letters under the numbers in the grid for? I had thought they had to do with the answer at first but it seems like that's not the case."

They indicate which clue the letter belongs to so that it’s easier to work in both directions. I probably should have explained that too. 

I’m glad some of you enjoyed it! iI’ll post here when I do another one. 

Broadway-themed quote acrostic  Apr 9 2024, 11:57:56 PM

I think I fixed it. Please let me know if you still can't see it. I promise it's fun. :)

Broadway-themed quote acrostic  Apr 9 2024, 10:39:58 PM

If you're unable to see the puzzle from the link, please let me know. Thanks!

John Cardo za held at gunpoint, Michael Stuhlbarg attacked with a rock  Apr 9 2024, 10:18:01 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "It’s UP compared to how we in the present moment expect it to be based on the years of recent memory. I’m not going to get slugged and say “Well thank god it’s not the early 90s!” Get a grip lol."

My response was in response to your reaction to a single data point. You made a better argument in your subsequent response, but I'd still rather be subject to felony assault rather than murder.

Broadway-themed quote acrostic  Apr 9 2024, 10:03:26 PM

Hi all!

I love doing quote acrostics, so I made one up that is Broadway-themed. To solve, you provide answers for the clues, and then fill in the grid, forming a quotation from a Broadway show. Typically you work back and forth between the quote and the clues. When you're done, the first letters of the clues' solutions spell out the name of the lyricist.

PUZZLE

If you like this, I'll make more in the future.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Apr 9 2024, 09:26:08 PM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "Maybe I'm minority opinion here!"

Probably, but there's nothing wrong with that. I loved Kimberly Akimbo, but I hated everything about the last revival of Anything Goes despite the fact that most people loved it.

John Cardo za held at gunpoint, Michael Stuhlbarg attacked with a rock  Apr 9 2024, 09:13:22 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "“bUt CrImE iS dOwN!”"

I dare you to find an article about me - Michael Klein, a Fordham Univeristy sophomore - being robbed at knifepoint on the D train on December 12, 1992. If you can't find it - an event at least as serious as the ones reported on this thread - it's because there were just so many more of them back then than there are now.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 9 2024, 09:06:06 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "People: Come on, bring back "x" show!!

Show comes back

People: No! We want new work!

Show announces it's for a limited run, or implies their stars are there for a limited time

People: why??? extend!!!!!

Make up your friggin minds people
"

This is only a valid argument if you can find specific individuals who have supported all of these opposing views. You can't make the

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 9 2024, 11:11:24 AM

CurtainsUpat8 said: "I am not writing this to be obnoxious. It's my honest view. Can we please have a one year moratorium on anything Sondheim?
I have seen almost every original cast since Night Music. I love him as much as everyone. Let's move forward.
"

To my mind, this is like asking that the Met skip Verdi for a year. It might happen in a rare season, but he's always going to be in the rotation because he is such a dominant figure in that domain. 

There will be 8.5 months between the end of Merrily and the start of Old Friends, so at least there's that. Assuming no other Sondheim shows are announced. smiley

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 2 2024, 08:21:39 PM

Also, Kimberly Grigsby as Music Supervisor bodes well. She has supervised or directed some of my very favorite scores.

John Cardoza held at gunpoint, Michael Stuhlbarg attacked with a rock  Apr 2 2024, 08:18:19 PM

KKeller6 said: "IT appears felony assault has been on the rise for quite some time in NYC. IT's up about 50% in the last 11 years, or so. And a huge jump in the past 2-3 years."

This is definitely the right way to argue, so I commend you on that.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You