News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kdogg36

kdogg36 Profile Photo
Member Name: kdogg36
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Happy 5th Anniversary, MOULIN ROUGE!
 Jul 26 2024, 05:10:02 PM

I agree. If we were planning a celebration for a long-time worker at, say, a restaurant, I don't think anyone would insist that we add the COVID closure period to the anniversary date.

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 23 2024, 08:43:05 PM

Kad said: "They have compelling reasons not to sing much, and their lack of music is just as informative about who they are as the music of those around them. Tewfiq lives in his quiet grief, in contrast to Dina's musical fantasies of an exotic life."

That is beautifully put. Thank you!

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 23 2024, 08:30:05 PM

quizking101 said: "How, pray tell, is this a period piece?"

I was wondering that, too. I was also wondering how being a "period piece" could be a negative criticism, anyhow. Hair is a period piece par excellence and that does not detract from its impact or stature - quite the contrary.

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 23 2024, 05:10:24 PM

Wayman_Wong said: "In a musical, a song is the lifeblood of a character. If that character doesn't sing (or sing very much), it's hard to get that invested in their role. And it tells you how important that show feels about him/her and their emotional stake."

It seems like Tewfiq in The Band's Visit is one exception to this rule. A lot of us - including apparently a lot of Tony voters! - found him to be a fully rounded musical

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 17 2024, 10:12:01 PM

SmokeyLady said: "But according to previous posts they are casting a white Herbie. Because there is a casting notice and there is a "concept", you know."

There was definitely a casting notice calling for a white actor as Herbie. That doesn't guarantee anything, of course.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/24
 Jul 17 2024, 10:05:33 PM

This is an extraordinarily low-performing grosses thread. 

NYT: New York Moves to Clean Up Times Square After a Spate of Crimes
 Dec 31 1899, 07:18:26 PM

Phantom4ever said: "And Kdogg, I'm not sure why you misquoted me but you took out the part about the behaviors stopped when the police were there so no it wasn't in my head."

It looks like I misunderstood your post, and I apologize for that.

NY Theatre in August
 Jul 10 2024, 12:04:41 AM

What day of the week is this? You might be able to fit in a 5:00 pm Oh, Mary! and make it a three-show day.

Jul 9 2024, 11:17:38 PM

Phantom4ever said: "I had a bunch of family with me including little girls and their safety was more important than these individuals feeling welcome to urinate and scream curse words and argue about who gets the cigarette next outside my hotel. [...] But were they screaming and peeing and littering? No."

This says it all. The behavior is all in your head.

Jul 7 2024, 11:14:40 AM

binau said: "TheatreFan4, assuming that the claims are accurate (I don't know), I don't think it's unreasonable that people feel a little unsafe living around drug addicts on the streets or homeless people - regardless if any actual crime has been committed or not."

Phantom4Ever complained about "ne'er-do wells" but admitted they didn't know if these people were "homeless, drug addicts, migrants, a combo, or just young peo

Horror On Broadway?
 Jul 3 2024, 08:08:58 PM

marytylermoore said: "The only examples I can think of truly being scared at moments watching a play is Hand to God(mainly due to the gore)and The Humans"

Thanks for mentioning The Humans. The last fifteen minutes or so are very nightmarish, meaning that they literally remind me of the subtle horrors of my own nightmares.

I know it's a very old property, but I'd love to see a stage adaptation of the original Poltergeist.

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jul 3 2024, 07:26:23 PM

Given the choice between similarly priced seats marked partial view, would you pick front mezzanine extreme audience left, or front row balcony relatively close to the center?

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 05:24:33 PM

dramamama611 said: "Yes, this part is very, very true. Make a mistake? Off with your head. Made a mistake ten years ago? Off with your head."

I think it's just a question as to where to draw the line. It's pretty clear to me that there are some things that an individual might say or do that are legal but should earn them banishment from normal society. Think Westboro and people like that.

Obviously writing a show tha

3 female musical theatre songs!
 Jun 28 2024, 11:36:44 AM

I thought "Finally to Know" from Death Takes a Holiday was a memorable and beautiful highlight from that show.

Gunshots/Pyrotechnics/Loud Noises in ALADDIN & THE OUTSIDERS
 Jun 24 2024, 11:32:48 AM

BentleyB said: "I am assuming that you don’t have the ability to get information from Telecharge or Wikipedia? Wikipedia gives a point by point recap of the Outsiders at just a quick glance. I don’t understand these continued questions when the information is at your fingertips already. If you are that triggered, I would stay far away from The Outsiders."

Wikipedia plot outlines do not provide a reliable answer; they're not designed to do that. I have

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
 Jun 24 2024, 11:26:27 AM

MezzoDiva47 said: "while the situation has improved it is nowhere yet near the glory days from a couple of decades ago"

The low-point in crime wasn't a couple of decades ago; it was in the mid- to late-2010s, during the de Blasio administration.

Next Musical Creator that should have a Revue show
 Jun 23 2024, 11:21:01 AM

I know it would be very niche, but LaChiusa would be fascinating. There's certainly a large body of extremely diverse material to choose from.

Jun 20 2024, 04:13:12 PM

Broadway Flash said: "On 8th avenue? With kids running around? Them blasting salsa music? And having a weed party. This is totally fine with you?"

If I lived or worked in the immediate vicinity it might well bother me (though I'm probably the wrong one to ask about that). As someone passing through an area that I don't expect to be calm and quiet, yes, it's totally fine with me. 

Jun 20 2024, 11:12:04 AM

Broadway Flash said: "They’ve got lawn chairs out there now and drinking corona."

How will we ever survive this plague of seated beer-drinkers?

Jun 18 2024, 07:09:03 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "Probably people you know, but they won’t admit it out loud, as the reaction they’d get wouldn’t be the tolerant and loving type that liberalsprofess to embody."

I'm more of a left-libertarian than a liberal, but I doubt many of us in either group have ever pretended to be tolerant of bigots or people who'd vote for someone like Trump. Those are very much self-chosen categories, and therefore legitimate basis for

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You