pixeltracker

Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?

Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?

skibumb5290 Profile Photo
skibumb5290
#1Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 7:37pm

I heard that Idina Might be going back to Wicked for the 5th anniversary. Has anyone else heard this?

coolkid11776
#2re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 8:07pm

When is this going to be? Is this going to be like Rent 10 an entire OBC concert type thing with 1,000 + tickets? When do tickets go on sale? Is it going to be open to the public? Is this going to be a one night only event, or will she come back for a couple of months like A & A did for RENT? I would love to go.

Any other information would be helpful

Thanks

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"
Updated On: 2/20/08 at 08:07 PM

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#2re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 8:18pm

There will not be a concert for the 5th Anniversery and I'm sure Idina won't be coming back (Please don't let her.)

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Urban
#3re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 8:19pm

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#4re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 8:45pm

I heard they were bringing back the entire Original Broadway Cast, including Idina and Kristen! It'll be a special one night only event called WICKED 5, and the first 200 people who show up dressed as Elphaba and Glinda will get tickets at a special discounted price as well as a goodie bag filled with Wicked merchandise!

End of sarcastic joke

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible
Updated On: 2/20/08 at 08:45 PM

skibumb5290 Profile Photo
skibumb5290
#5re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 9:28pm

When will this wicked 5 show be?

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#6re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 9:30pm

wow... no comment

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#7re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 9:34pm

If Idina did come back I think that would be wonderful!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

BenKaye Profile Photo
BenKaye
#8re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 9:35pm

skibumb, you better be joking..

My blog- http://okayentertainment.blogspot.com/

Allshowsrock
#9re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 9:54pm

RANT!
Seriously getting sick of all the WICKED/Idina bashing on here. I dont see why so many feel the urge to bash WICKED. I have been attending Broadway shows since the age of 4 (well 3, thats when I saw my first show, tho I have no clue what it was lol) and I have seen pretty much all the current "big" Broadway shows and WICKED IMO is the best out of all of them. I know its not gonna appeal to everyone, and I can respect that. But I cant stand how people on here go "God WICKED sux" "Man why cant it close" blah blah blah. Thats just immature. It might not be "your taste" and not your cup of tea. but to say it "sucks" is going a little far. According to the weekly gross, WICKED defintaly deserves ALOT more respect. Why do you think its making so much? The common answer on these boards to that question is "cuz its all glitz and glamour and has no depth" which is 100% WRONG. I dont think a show that is only for looks can
A: Make more money then anyother show in HISTORY of Broadway
B: Make people break down and CRY (I have seen WICKED alot, and evertime I see it, I ALWAYS see numerous people walk out during intermission in tears. Not just "preteen girls" but men, women, elderly, teens ect.)
Bottom line is, WICKED is a great show. Again, it might not be "Your cup of tea' but to alot of people, it is special. And it makes me angry that alot of people on here, purly cuz they think its "over-rated" and they wanna act cool bash it. And also, if someone on here goes "I like WICKED" you guys HAVE to go and bash them. Its not cool. Quite honestly, I think Xanadu isnt as good as people make it out to be. I've seen it, I lauged, it was a nice night out on the theater, but IMO WICKED is the true heart and soul of MY Broadway.
OOOH and with the whole Idina bashing. Guess what, i'll say that 80-90% of the people on here who bash Idina are people who sit on their buts and watch a bunch of bootlegs and judge her off of them. I have a good friend who I took to see Idina in london. He heard her on Youtube, and thought she sucked, but he walked out after Defying Gravity for intermission, and he was, suprise suprise in tears, not only cuz of the song, but cuz of Idina's voice. Idina is the type of person you have to SEE LIVE to get the full package. Again, it is a matter of taste in voice, and I dont mind if people dont like her, she cant please everyone, but saying she is bad is really immature. She is on Broadway for a reason. I dont think someone with "no talent" can make it on Broadway. You guys are CONSTANTLY saying that, yet when it comes to Idina you go "Ooh, only reason she is here is cuz she was in RENT"
Seriously, this whole board, sucks. I have talked with a few Broadway actors and they say that loath these boards also cuz their is no order and no morality. You guys just feel free to bash whoever, and not fear of really hurting someone.
And now, I will sit back and wait for the one jackass to pick my whole rant apart and call me a "crazy fan"

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#10re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:16pm

You're a crazy fan.

People can't have opinions? I don't really like WICKED because it just doesn't really appeal to me. Is there something wrong with that? Xanadu isn't my favorite, either...

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Allshowsrock
#11re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:23pm

^yea, and maybe if you read it correctly, you would of noticed that I said "I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT" I just dont like it when people say "ugh, it sux"
see, the way you put it, you put it like "eeh, not my cup of tea" that I dont mind, just when people act like idiots and bash it, is when I get angry

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#12re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:30pm

Just wondering... what shows have you seen?

Allshowsrock
#13re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:34pm

Umm
Lion King
Color Purple
WICKED (obviously)
Seussical
Xanadu
Spring Awakening (sp)
Titanic
Young Frank.
RENT
Jersey Boys
Little Mermaid
Tarzan
just to make it simple, all the current "Big" Broadway shows and really for the last 3 years is when I really started making it a hobby to see the shows (what can I say, theater is my life lol)

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#14re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?

She must have seen them all because... ALLSHOWSROCK!

Izzie2 Profile Photo
Izzie2
#15re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?

I stand with allshowsrock in FULL AGREEMENT

Although we have are pride, we have been known to cast for food. BERNARD TELSEY CASTING, C.S.A.
"One more outburst from you sir and I bludgeon you to death with this microphone" The Wedding Singer

Allshowsrock
#16re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:36pm

She must have seen them all because... ALLSHOWSROCK!

haha I'm a boy lol
and the reason why my s/n is "Allshowsrock" is cuz even tho I personaly might not enjoy a show, someone, somewhere loves that show for whatever reason, so tech. that makes every musical/play rock lol
Updated On: 2/20/08 at 10:36 PM

ashley0139
#17re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:38pm

a) It's called backlash.

b) People are allowed to have different opinions. And express them any way they want- even ways you disagree with.

c) Maybe people would be more inclined to take something like this seriously if we didn't have this exact same thread every other week.

d) No offense, and I know you've been seeing shows "since you were four," but 9 of your 12 favorite performers are Wicked actors. It's a little harder to take you seriously.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#18re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:38pm

Well, you sure have a lot to compare to.

*rolls eyes*

Allshowsrock
#19re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:43pm

well, considering I made my profile in like 2 seconds, I didnt really think of many actors, I have alot of favorite actors, I havent updated my profile. And again, I dont care if you dont like WICKED, my brother doesnt like it, and I dont care, its his opinion, its just when peopel write immature comments when I get angry, and its not just for WICKED, its also about alot of other Broadway shows. Like SA, someone in my class said "it sucks, worst music eva" and I said "well, according to you it sucks, but it does effect alot of people so it doesnt "suck" it just doesnt appeal to YOU"
and BroadwayEnthusiast2, I wrote down like what 5 shows? I dont simply wanna write down all the shows I've seen, I'm currently trying to look up info about some other shows and I didnt feel like writting down all the shows i've seen

ashley0139
#20re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:45pm

Like I said- people can express their opinions any way they want. Even immature ways. Even if you disagree with it.

You don't only have to see the big shows. Just because they're "big" doesn't mean they're the best. Go see Sunday in the Park with George or something like that. Expand your horizons.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Allshowsrock
#21re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:47pm

^ I know, I tend to like the smaller shows too, I just try to get the "big" ones outa the way. I'm trying to score tickets to Stranger Passing, I have no clue what its about, but hey, sounds intresting.

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#22re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:51pm

However, you missed some great oppurtunities in the past few years and instead saw the "big" shows, which will be on Broadway longer than the small shows.

Allshowsrock
#23re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:53pm

yea, I know I missed some great shows. Dont have to remind me. i'm still kicking myself over Little Shop of Horrors with Hunter (I know it wasnt "small" but I went to see some other show that wasnt even good)

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#24re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:56pm

My first Broadway show was Mamma Mia! I was going with friends and the tickets had already been ordered. We had time for a matinee on Sunday. There was a mutual agreement to see The Producers, so we saw that on Sunday. I regret everyday not seeing Grey Gardens. Every day...

Videos