News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Broadway Facebook Application

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#1Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 10/31/07 at 11:44pm

Hey All!! I don't know if any of you that read this have made a facebook application before, but I was hoping there would be someone on here that has created one before. I am writing to suggest that someone make one with pictures of different playbills and you can add your favorite ones to your profile. I wish I knew how to make a facebook application, I tried, but it is way too confusing for me.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

mauriposa
#2re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 12:06am

I would enjoy that app.

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#2re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 9:17am

thats a good idea! :) If only I had the talent to make one... lol

The Best of Times is Now!

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#3re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 9:25am

I WISH there was that app! I searched for a broadway type app and of course found nothing! Someone please make it! HELP!!!

Lm4dham052 Profile Photo
Lm4dham052
#4re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 10:03am

that would be awesome....

"I used to want to change the world, now i just want to leave the room with a little bit of dignity"

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#5re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 12:21pm

the REAL question is, are you a pirate or a ninja?

"Have they come yet?"

BDrischBDemented
#6re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 12:45pm

Also, can I bite you and turn you into a vampire/zombie/werewolf?

"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#7re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 12:51pm

Edit: nevermind.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Updated On: 11/1/07 at 12:51 PM

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#8re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 1:03pm

Someone needs to do an app where you can show your favorite musicals, with like pictures of the art. Maybe a top 10 feature.

I've been wanting this a lot! :)

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

brainlessorwise Profile Photo
brainlessorwise
#9re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 1:48pm

What's a facebook application?

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#10re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 6:07pm

A Facebook application is sort of like an add-on to your general profile; for instance there's an aquarium one which allows people to give you aquatic creatures (I believe that's how it works though I could be wrong).

The only application I have is the book one. The rest I find to be quite useless. But, if there were to be a Broadway or theatrically themed one, I would consider using it.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#11re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 6:12pm

I just added "Shows I've Seen" onto the Extended Information application.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#12re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 6:14pm

There is the Album Rack facebook application, which allows you to show which CDs you own. I chose to add images of hundreds of cast albums to my facebook profile. If they won't give us a Broadway application, we'll manipulate the normal ones! re: Broadway Facebook Application

I would love a Broadway related one too though. Maybe "Upcoming shows you're seeing".

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#13re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/1/07 at 9:01pm

Too bad it seems like no one on here knows how to make one re: Broadway Facebook Application

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

iluvcioffiiluvtea Profile Photo
iluvcioffiiluvtea
#14re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/2/07 at 10:37pm

Yeah, it's a shame. A low down dirty shame, hehehehehe.

R.I.P. Laurann 1987-2005

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#15re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/3/07 at 1:10am

I have the Abe Vigoda status, which lets me know at any given moment whether the man is alive or dead. It's all one REALLY needs.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Beejles
#16re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/26/07 at 3:26pm

Hi All,

First time posting, but a long time reader. My job has asked me to create a Broadway/Tony Awards Facebook Application. We are currently brainstorming what the application would be. As you are our target audience, we would love to get your opinions. If you were to create the ultimate Broadway or Tony Awards Application, what would you want it to do?

ThankstoPhantom
#17re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/26/07 at 3:36pm

A listing of your favorite shows....quizzes, maybe?

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 11/26/07 at 03:36 PM

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#18re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/26/07 at 3:38pm

fav shows, performers, tony predictions, quizes, maybe pictures/videos from shows

and on your profile you could show a playbill of your fav show

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#19re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/26/07 at 3:40pm

Some kind of game/ quiz where you can rack up points... Broadway Jeopardy?

A fun way to put Broadway quotes on your profile?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

DMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
#20re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/26/07 at 3:43pm

Yay!
I'd be happy as long as I can display my favorite shows, including plays.

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#21re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/26/07 at 4:14pm

Do a search fro Broadway Bullet on Facebook and add the Application.

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#22re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/26/07 at 5:01pm

i don't get the application?

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#23re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/26/07 at 5:34pm

I really like maya's ideas.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#24re: Broadway Facebook Application
Posted: 11/26/07 at 5:58pm

BROADWAY/TONY AWARDS APPLICATION

DESIRED FUNCTIONS

1) TONY AWARDS: I would like a "predictions" pool split into two groupings. One would be who you think who should win, the other is who you would personally want to win.

The results should be displayed in a master list so we can see who guessed the winners most accurately.

2) BROADWAY: A section to check which Broadway shows you've actually seen, which you want to see, and which you have no desire to see.

3) BROADWAY: Create and take user quizzes.

4) BROADWAY: News (display the most recent news items from BWW and Playbill).

5) TONY AWARDS: A campaign section where users can display created banners of who they want to win.

6) BROADWAY: The ability to post on their Profile a graphic of their favorite Broadway show that's currently playing.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Videos