Please vote in my Poll!!!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#1Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 4:58pm

So I've started a blog focusing on theatre here in Seattle and in NYC. Seattle is quickly becoming a popular tryout spot for many musicals, with Shrek, Memphis, and The Bruce Lee Story all getting their tryout here.

So, the sad thing aboug Seattle Theatre is we haven't had many of the newer musicals mounted locally yet. I started a poll, featuring 5 shows desperate for their Seattle premiere.

The poll is on the left hand side of our main page! Even if you don't live in Seattle, please vote for your favorite! Thanks!

Musical Theatre Poll

BenKaye Profile Photo
BenKaye
#2re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 5:03pm

Nice blog you got there.

Go Wild Party!!!

My blog- http://okayentertainment.blogspot.com/

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#2re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 5:09pm

Yeah, my vote went to Wild Party though we have a wonderful musical theatre actress here who would KILL in Caroline or Change.

BenKaye Profile Photo
BenKaye
#3re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 5:20pm

All great show choices actually. I love ALL of those!!!

My blog- http://okayentertainment.blogspot.com/

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#4re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 5:24pm

I know! Keep voting! I'm going to send the results to the local theatres in the area. They tend to shy away from musicals and our big space 5th Avenue is too large for some of these shows.

haddaddy3 Profile Photo
haddaddy3
#5re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 5:26pm

I picked "City of Angels" because I loved the music, but what made you pick those shows as choices?

You look absolutely terrific, honestly.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#6re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 5:41pm

I went with CAROLINE...I thought that's what the Seattle audience would enjoy most.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#7re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 5:45pm

They would lildogs, and we have the perfect actress for the part and a great space for it. If only...

These are 5 of my fav shows that are long overdue for a Seattle premiere. There are of course many more.

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#8re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 6:10pm

Bobby, who were you thinking in Caroline?

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 6:13pm

I am in Denver. I voted for Caroline. Every audience should see it! IMO

Just give the world Love.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#10re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 6:34pm

Choitoy: Cynthia Jones

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#11re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 6:44pm

I voted. Very nice blog.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#12re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 7:37pm

Thanks! Bump!

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#13re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 7:55pm

Bobby,

Oh good. I was afraid you were gonna suggest Lisa Estridge Gray. Don't get me wrong, I've worked in productions with her, and I love her, but totally wrong for Caroline.

Anyway, I just got the cast album for Caroline, and I'm just getting into it, but I'm really likeing what I hear, and would love to see it on stage.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#14re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 8:26pm

Being from Seattle, I really want to see the wild Party!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#15re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 8:37pm

Intiman is the perfect venue for it too! I hope it happens!

Now keep in mind, this is La Chiusa's Wild Party, not Lippa's mess.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#16re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 8:49pm

Estridge would not be the right choice for the role. Fine actress but Caroline is a marathon role. Cynthia Jones, for me, is pefect casting. Estridge lacks the chops for the role.

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#17re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/8/08 at 2:19am

I know that Estridge Gray would totally not be right, but she seems to be the 5th Ave's current go-to African American gal (I mean, she got to be Marta in Company AND the Witch in Into The Woods!!!).

I can't remember Cynthia Jones right now. Jog my memory, what else has she been in?

And are we two the only ones resurrecting the MIA Seattle board by this one thread? LOL!

Izzie2 Profile Photo
Izzie2
#18re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/8/08 at 2:54am

Helen Keller's first word was water.

Although we have are pride, we have been known to cast for food. BERNARD TELSEY CASTING, C.S.A.
"One more outburst from you sir and I bludgeon you to death with this microphone" The Wedding Singer

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#19re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/8/08 at 3:21am

Honestly, I do not live in Seattle, never been there, and have absolutely no idea what Seattle audiences are like. However, I think NO audience in any place of the US should be left without seeing one of the most powerful American stories put to music in this decade: CAROLINE OR CHANGE. There is my vote. Probably my personal favorite musical (though I think it should be classified as an opera) along with FOLLIES and PASSION, which is also on there. There's my vote. You got some great choices there, Bobby :)
Totally digressing here but I disagree that Lippa's THE WILD PARTY is a "mess" although LaChiusa's is my favorite by far out of the two. Had CAROLINE, OR CHANGE not been there I'd have voted for PASSION over either version of THE WILD PARTY though. Neither LaChiusa nor Lippa could approach the perfection of Sondheim's most romantic, heart-breaking, and (pun-intended) passionate score.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 3/8/08 at 03:21 AM

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#20re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/8/08 at 3:40am

I voted for Passion because it has such a relevant message and also can touch people regardless of age. Its a wonderful story...

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#21re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/8/08 at 11:40am

Cynthia Jones was in Doubt and Ma Rainey's Black Bottom at Seattle Rep and Menopause the Musical

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#22re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/8/08 at 1:57pm

BUMP!

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#23re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/8/08 at 3:13pm

Really enjoyed your blog Bobby! I voted for CAROLINE.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#24re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
Posted: 3/8/08 at 4:59pm

Thanks! Visit us often! New content is coming in all the time. There will be 2 reviews added tomorrow, of Dee Hoty in Mame and Alice Playten in The Imaginary Invalid, and we will continue our Top 10 theatre recordings of 2007 list...almost to NUMBER ONE!

My vote is for Caroline too. I hope we get many more votes. Wild Party and Caroline keep going at each other.

I will be sending the top choice to the major theatres in the area.