News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dangerous Divine

Dangerous Divine Profile Photo
Member Name: Dangerous Divine
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Everyday Rapture Audition: Is It Worth It?
 Apr 4 2010, 12:35:30 AM
If I recall correctly, the character actually sings as well. He starts out lip syncing and then ends up belting out the end of the song.
Favorite Books About Theatre
 Mar 31 2010, 11:59:46 PM
Hal Prince's "Contradictions" is a favorite.

And I have to echo "Act One."

re: Who's playing FELA when?
 Feb 1 2010, 12:20:46 AM
I saw Kevin Mambo this past Tuesday.
Theater etiquette: Discussing a show at intermission
 Jan 30 2010, 10:58:02 AM
As long as you were discussing things politely and being descriptive about what was problematic, people from PH would have probably sat quietly and eavesdropped because that kind of response is quite helpful in development of a new play.

The people sitting next to you were the ones without etiquette. They were listening to your conversation and butting in without actually talking to you.

Sarah Uriarte Berry to Play NEXT TO NORMAL during AR's VaCa
 Jan 29 2010, 12:33:50 PM
adamgreer, if Ripley takes an extended vacation, they need to bring in a temporary replacement because equity rules state that if an understudy or swing plays a role for a certain amount of time (I think two weeks, but I'm not totally sure), they have to be offered a contract for the role.
Spelling Bee Goes Blue
 Jan 23 2010, 12:57:06 AM
Boston did at least one. (I think they did more, but I'm not sure since I didn't attend.)
PASSING STRANGE Film on Ch 13 (PBS) tonite, NY 9 pm. Yay!
 Jan 13 2010, 10:37:00 PM
Kate, I've been watching from the start and I still have no clue.

(And the sound is TERRIBLE when more than one person is singing.)

re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
 Dec 31 2009, 12:31:55 PM
Does anyone know which of the understudies for Mother is going on for closing weekend in Noll's absence?
re: Adam Lambert on the AMAs
 Nov 23 2009, 02:04:17 PM
The performance looked like a rip off of the Hades number from Broadway Bares 17: Myth Behavior. The only problems were that costumes were a cheap imitation (Bares used the leash and the cane first), and the dancing wasn't as good...
re: HAIR... who does the wigs?
 Jul 13 2009, 12:07:15 AM
Jay Johnson actually has a long and short wig for when he plays Claude. (He had the same type of long hair as Gavin for the majority of the show, the army cut for the finale, and then for bows he came out with his natural hair which was a different length from either previous style.)
re: SHOW ADVICE FOR HIGH SCHOOL NYC TRIP!
 Jul 12 2009, 02:44:42 PM
I agree with frontrowcentre2 about giving at least one play and/or off Broadway show a try, but steer clear of The Fantastiks. The show is a yawn and a half, and the theatre that it's in is claustrophobic and uncomfortable. If you want to see four musicals, I say go for Hair, In The Heights, Next to Normal, and Ragtime (if dates fit, if not, see South Pacific). If you want to see a play, replace either Next to Normal or South Pacific with God of Carnage, The 39 Steps, or Oleanna. Or throw in
re: Photo Coverage: 'EVERYDAY RAPTURE' Celebrates Opening Night at Second Stage Theatre
 May 4 2009, 11:26:05 AM
Great pictures. My favorite is this one:

Where Carole Rothman, the artistic director of 2ST is listed as "guest."

re: Prop-oriented choreography?
 May 2 2009, 04:18:09 PM
For all of Cry Baby's faults, it's license plate-tap dance number was pretty awesome.
re: Help me pick 7 shows!
 Apr 23 2009, 12:07:02 AM
Hair and Next to Normal for sure.
re: EVERY LITTLE STEP - the CHORUS LINE movie
 Apr 22 2009, 01:17:33 AM
I don't think that asking those questions is so out of line, especially asking where someone was born and raised. In the case of Yuka Takara, you could hear that she had an accent, and in the case of a character who was supposed to be born and raised in Chinatown, that could be problematic if the actor is unable to mask his or her natural accent. I recall noticing Yuka's accent when I saw the show, although it had obviously been worked on so that it was quite minimal, but it was there and it c
re: Legally Blonde for 4 and 6 year old
 Apr 21 2009, 01:35:54 PM
Yes, as long as you are prepared to make sure that they stay quiet or take them out if they're making too much noise.

The show is fun and flashy and perfect for a kid as long as they can sit through it.

re: Just Announced: BROADWAY BARES 19.0 - CLICK IT!
 Apr 8 2009, 11:05:01 AM
Peter has been Dennis' associate director for a few years now and has constantly been a vital part of the Bares family for years. Don't worry about a thing.
re: If you had to listen to one cast recording for the rest of your life...
 Mar 9 2009, 03:29:10 AM
In the Heights or the revival of Sweeney Todd.

(Ask me tomorrow and it might be something totally different.)

re: When you use Hiptix...
 Mar 5 2009, 02:21:01 PM
I saw Pal Joey with a friend about 3 weeks ago through hiptix. My tickets were $20 each, but they needed to see proof of age for both of us when we picked up the tickets.
re: Does Angela Lansbury allow you to take a picture with her?
 Mar 4 2009, 12:06:15 AM
I got a picture with her after Deuce, and it wasn't that empty the day that I was there.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You