News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for timesquare01

timesquare01 Profile Photo
Member Name: timesquare01
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Bride Wars
 Jul 20 2009, 11:27:42 PM
Idk, I think it might make a cute "girls night out" musical with, as stated, a few revisions to the story and all.
re: Film versions of CURRENT musicals
 Jul 16 2009, 11:22:31 AM
Kate Winslet as Diana would be pure beauty. Just thinking of her I Miss the Mountains is breathtaking.

And as far as visually working, I can so see parts of the film looking like an orange juice commercial and othe parts of it looking like the ring. you know? that drastic differance between the "perfect loving family" world and the reality of it all.

And James Franco as Henry is slowly growing on me.

re: 'Ugly Betty' to have a musical episode this season
 Jul 14 2009, 11:15:15 AM
Maybe if Ana Ortiz sings in this she'll get cast as Daniela in the Heights movie. Talk about dream casting lol.
Hilarious Comments...
 Jul 10 2009, 04:17:13 PM
My school did a production of On The Town. A week after the production closed, my director received a letter from a woman complaining that our show "had the audacity to perform a play that so blatantly promoted promiscuity." She then went on to say that she was embarrassed to sit through the whole thing and wished she would have left at intermission.

stupidity.

Next to Normal on Twitter
 Jul 10 2009, 03:46:26 PM
Does anyone know how to submit questions/replies...?

this may just be that i don't understand twitter lol

re: Audition songs with a twist?
 Jul 5 2009, 08:38:35 AM
Our final in our voice class in school was to pick a 32 bar cut of a song we've worked on that year. and then go up and say "hi my name is _________ and I will be singing ____________ from __________ to audition for the role of ___________ in ___________."

So there were some really good choices and some really bad ones. But my friend Michelle by FAR had the best one. There is rumor of our schol doing Gypsy next year so she goes up and says "Hi my name is Michelle and I will be sini

re: Enchanted: The Musical
 Jul 3 2009, 11:34:28 PM
yeah. i kindof hear him having a "heaven help me" from footloose kindof song that the dad/preacher sings, but even less sing-y and more speak-y than that.

OH OH OH!!

or maybe a number where Morgan is dancing around singing and playing princess and he is chasing her around trying to get her dressed for karate/giver her the book about successful women while having a buisness call on his bluetooth... it could be golden.

re: Live-Action Movie Musical BEAUTY & THE BEAST Planned by Disney for 2011
 Jul 2 2009, 11:19:59 PM
i am grinning like a complete idiot right now. this would be all sort of wonderful.
 Jun 30 2009, 01:30:45 AM
call me crazy but when I picture Nancy singing, she sounds like Kate Shindle, not Idina?

It's weird.

Jun 29 2009, 04:17:19 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/?of=1006612674#/video/video.php?v=38853938884&subj=1006612674

i hope that works.

it's on someones facebook, idont know if you will all be able to see it.

Jun 29 2009, 04:06:54 PM
Here's my Dream cast:

Giselle - Amy Polumbo
Robert - Brian D'Arcy James
Edward - Gavin Creele
Narissa - Bernadette Peters
Nathaniel - Nathan Lane
-OR-
Narissa - Idina Menzel (TRIBUTE!)
Nathaniel - Ben D. Cameron
Nancy - Kate Shindle

Amy Polumbo was Ariel in Disney's Little Mermaid show for a year and was Miss New Jersey 2007. Theres a video somewhere of her singing "Happy Little Working Song" that I will go fish around for. She's perfect for th

re: Rapunzel in Into the Woods
 Jun 29 2009, 04:00:10 PM
as far as getting laughs out of it, our Rapunzel was instructed to do less crying and more screaming. If the actress can't get real hysteria to the point of tears flowing and sobbing, it is gonna look fake and stupid. The comedy comes out of the complete loss of rationality while she's running around throwing fits. So whether she chooses to weep or to scream - she needs to be so committed to it and so over the top, and then the laughs will come.

Also in general. Her facial expressions a

Jun 28 2009, 03:29:36 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I have some idea's...

For the animation sequences, why not use the motion capture technology that the nice folks over at Shrek use to do the magic mirror/mask scene with John Tartaglia. It may be pricey, but let's face it, it's Disney, they have no budget. Do the whole first 10 or so minutes on a screen so the audience is honestly "watching a traditional animated Disney movie" then we see Giselle land in the black world and she comes up thr

re: Future Roles for Susan Blackwell
 Jun 24 2009, 11:36:45 PM
Into the Woods Revival with Broderick and Blackwell as the Bakers. Picture their chemistry as very Everybody Loves Raymond-y.

And I wholeheartedly agree That Heidi should take over for SJB when she leaves 9 to 5. THAT would be genius casting.

re: Favorite Set Designs
 Jun 20 2009, 08:25:29 PM
I havn't seen the current run of THE WIZ. But in the Broadway Beat video at the end they show a clip at the end. There's a huge "fabric backdrop" and the frame of the house is built in front of it. And (I assume during the tornado scene) the back drop was ripped down, leaving the house.

It seemed very cool - just wanted to bring it up.

re: Liff, Ashford, Deckman on new web series
 Jun 19 2009, 09:19:23 PM
omg. this is hysterical.
and a little spencer liff can't do a boy wrong.

re: Hair Cast Audience Interaction
 Jun 11 2009, 04:37:07 PM
awesome! thank you!
re: Hair Cast Audience Interaction
 Jun 11 2009, 04:09:35 PM
What seats go on stage at the end? How is that determined?
re: NATALIE WEISS
 May 31 2009, 11:37:13 AM
She is amazing. She went to the same high school PA program I currently go to and i just met her last week. She came back to be a presenter for our 25th Anniversary Showcase. She was so sweet and was very encouraging and willing to talk to all of the students. And we all pretty much worship her. She was very nice.

And yes, she is GORGEOUS - even more so in person.

re: Cast Recording Flubs
 May 25 2009, 11:20:19 PM
In the 1957 Cast Recording of West Side Story in Track 16 - Finale, from 1:04-1:06 SOMEONE is turning their music quite noticeably. I like to tell myself it's Br. Bernstein, but it probably is not.

It's fun :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You