News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for geebee889

geebee889 Profile Photo
Member Name: geebee889
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lea and Jonathan
 May 19 2008, 03:21:08 PM
Is anyone else really bummed out that Lea and Jonathan played their last performance in Spring Awakening yesterday? I know I am
re: Gifts to send actors
 Jan 17 2008, 05:18:24 PM
My friend went to school with him, and there's no obsession. Hanging out doesn't mean that I've only seen him like 3 times.

Just drop it. I'm gonna delete this thread in a minute.

Jan 17 2008, 05:12:42 PM
If you must know, I used to live in New York, and one of my really good friends knew him and introduced us.

And no, it was not by a stagedoor.

Like I said, stop assuming.

Jan 17 2008, 04:55:44 PM
Um, you guys really shouldn't assume. I've met him more than once because we have a few mutual friends, and we've hung out a couple times.

I just thought it would be nice to send him something saying, "hey, great job" or something. Thank you for the people that actually tried to help.

To the rest of you, stop assuming.

Jan 16 2008, 08:48:28 PM
How about something that doesn't cost 400 dollars? I don't even have that much money.
Gifts to send actors
 Jan 16 2008, 08:46:23 PM
So I'm trying to think of a gift to send to one of the actors in Spring Awakening, but I have no ideas. It's Gerard Canonico that I want to send it to.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!

re: spring awakening on stage seats
 Jan 15 2008, 07:54:27 PM
I actually was lucky enough to get onstage seats a few weeks ago because they had like 3 left for the show that I went to. I waited in the student rush line.

It was my first time seeing the show, and although some things were blocked a bit I was still in awe of their performances. I would say that one of my favorite parts of the onstage seats was the fact that I was close enough to actually see their facial expressions, and it's always a plus for me when you can hear the actors' natural

re: CRY-BABY starts at the Marquis March 15 - Preview Tickets $54
 Jan 15 2008, 07:47:07 PM
I am so excited about this! And especially that it's opening around the time of my spring break! Heck yes!!

Not to mention the fact that I absolutely adore James Snyder.

re: pics of new MORITZ??
 Jan 11 2008, 04:31:33 PM
I am!! I seriously think I've read it about 5 or 6 times so far. There's something so addicting about it.

And I've been listening to Bare like non-stop because I'm still so happy about getting to hear Matt's amazing harmonies. I still can't get enough of him.

re: pics of new MORITZ??
 Jan 8 2008, 05:53:47 PM
I absolutely bawled like a baby when I saw Blake. He was so good, and I'm definitely going to make another trip to New York to see him again.

And dramamama, I was sitting behind you at the show on December 26th!

re: Spring Awakening: Differences between Show and Musical
 Jan 5 2008, 11:32:00 PM
I have read a bunch of different translations of the original, and I absolutely adore them all. I feel like it's easier for people to relate to the situations in the musical better, but I think that's just because they've never read the original.

In my opinion, the original is much grittier than the original, and that's one of the things I love most about it. You really see what is going through these characters' minds.

re: Spring Awakening cast
 Jan 1 2008, 09:02:57 PM
I just saw Blake perform last week, and he did a fantastic job. I absolutely loved him as Moritz. He took some of the things that John did and twisted them to make them his own. It was awesome.
re: YOUR Top 10 of 2007 List
 Dec 31 2007, 07:08:22 PM
I only got to see one show this year, and it was absolutely amazing. I saw Spring Awakening and it pretty much made my entire New York trip. I was fortunate enough to see Blake Bashoff as Moritz, and he does a really good job!!
re: Broadway Crush?
 Dec 31 2007, 07:06:14 PM
Matt Doyle. Hands down. I sat by him during a SA performance, and his harmonies were heavenly. I was staring at him the whole time.
re: Blake Bashoff Review
 Dec 31 2007, 06:50:21 PM
I saw the show the day after Christmas, and I absolutely fell in love with Blake!! It was my first time actually getting to see the show, and it was more than I could have ever asked for!

First of all, I ended up getting onstage seats, so I was able to see every facial expression that Blake was making and they were all GENIOUS. I also really really liked his voice because it still had that innocent quality that I think Moritz has. You can't really say, "Oh, John was better" or "Blake's

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You