News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NakedMaid

NakedMaid Profile Photo
Member Name: NakedMaid
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next Sondheim?
 Mar 23 2024, 04:09:03 PM

I've been waiting for a James Cordon FORUM revival. With his west coast TV show now done, and the need for a Sondheim revival, could now be the time?

He's a name draw, lover of theatre and was absolutely hilarious in ONE MAN TWO GUVNORS.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Nov 17 2023, 09:07:34 AM

Interesting that they announced the Nederlander Theatre. Not only rare to announce a theatre this far out from opening but also a theatre that already has a new/upcoming show already in place.

Thoughts?

Matt Doyle - Little Shop
 Oct 18 2022, 10:32:38 PM

I happened upon Matt Doyle walking out of The Westside Theatre today at 5:15 carrying a big binder.

Just interesting...

Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
 May 11 2021, 07:46:26 PM

YES! I take a small amount of pride (see what I did there?) in recognizing voice over actors and I knew it was Heather Immediately!

Best Scene Changes
 Jun 4 2020, 07:29:17 PM

Finally a thread I can get behind!

Peter Pan - I saw the national tour of Peter Pan as my first live theatre experience. Watching them fly in the air could not compete for my attention as I was glued to watching the nursery set pieces just fold into itself and the beds disappear before my eyes. It was that moment I knew I liked live theatre! 

Titanic - The whole sinking sequence was intense and astounding to watch then, in a matter of moments, it was gone

26 years ago: The mansion had landed
 Sep 11 2019, 10:07:25 PM

Is there any footage of the set entrance?

METEOR SHOWER Rush
 Jan 1 2018, 02:16:18 PM

Thanks for the tip, labellaragazza1! I just got 2 tickets on SubHub for tomorrow (Wed) night. Side Orchestra, Row Q, for $79 including fees. So much better than waiting in the cold for equally priced rush tickets!

Donna Karger gone from OnStage?
 Jan 25 2017, 09:16:11 AM

I believe they just changed the format for the low-activity holiday weeks. No Broadway openings mean no "on the scene" segments for the show's first part and no review segments mean no review segment for the 3rd part. They did a few episodes with just interviews, but .. yawn.

They always do the "round tables" to preview the spring season but they seem to have revamped the formula  - which I think is nice.

I'm sure Donna will be back next week with the typical format now that Jitney is open.

Also, NY1 allows you to watch the full program online the Monday after it airs:

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/shows/2017/01/23/on-stage--full-program--1-21-17.html

First Date Cast?
 May 13 2013, 09:44:10 AM
I heard Krysta Rodriguez is the lead.
:)

Riggan Thompson at the St. James?!
 May 13 2013, 09:42:48 AM
They have been shooting a movie there for the past two weeks.
A majority of it was shot on the roof the first week and last week had some exterior shooting, hence the full-on branding of the theatre. And I saw a large crowd of well-dressed extras in line. So I'm assuming they were shooting some audience stuff on Friday.

It has a slightly period look to it. And the signs said something like 'Winged Man' as the title. I can't remember exactly.
The face on the marquees doesn't look

FIRST DATE Marquee
 Apr 29 2013, 11:05:34 AM
The marquee is up for the new musical FIRST DATE.
Anyone have knowledge on the show?
I hear the lead female is cast and the lead male is out to a star.

Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
 Apr 15 2013, 10:20:40 AM
Announced on her talk show this morning. For 7 weeks over the summer.
Guess Papermill's Season!
 Feb 27 2013, 02:33:55 PM
So... which one of these was Honeymoon In Las Vegas???
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof/Glengarry Glen Ross Rush?
 Dec 22 2012, 06:35:25 PM
Oh! And I should add that there were two empty rows in center Orch. A few standees tried to move after the 1st scene and the ushers made them get back up. But at intermission, all the standees took those seats without any interference from ushers and we all enjoyed some really great seats!
So if you see a free seat, hold out til intermission. Its a short 1st act.

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof/Glengarry Glen Ross Rush?
 Dec 22 2012, 06:31:52 PM
I did SRO for GG/GR on the 5th. Got to the theatre just before 5. I was the 6th in line (I believe everyone ahead of me got 2 tkts). At 5pm the line got longer quicker. The good thing was that they allowed us to stand in the lobby and not outside! The began selling right at 6 for the 8pm curtain.
Betsy Wolfe's Replacement in DROOD?
 Dec 18 2012, 09:18:17 AM
Kate Rockwell is replacing Ashley Spencer as Sherrie in Rock Of Ages. Ashley's last day is January 20.
Javert's Suicide in the New Tour
 Nov 23 2012, 07:23:18 PM
Really? A cloaked man? Lol
Wires would be good if he were flying up and down, but he travels upstage, away from the audience. Not into the rafters.
If you've seen the production, you notice that Javert travels into a cutout or doorway in the upstage wall. Wires can't travel thru a wall. The arm reaches thru the opening and then retracts again and the doorway closes.

Ok. I'm done defending. Lol. Believe what you want.

Javert's Suicide in the New Tour
 Nov 23 2012, 09:22:09 AM
I have several friend on the tour and saw it at Papermill. It was one of my first questions! Theres are NO wires. And not quite a cherry picker.
It's actually an 'arm' made for the production that reaches out from upstage and attaches to him (I believe he told me magnetically) via a belt he wears. It lifts him up just enough for him to flail and retracts to bring him upstage to achieve that 'birds-eye-view' of his fall.
The arm, of course, is not without fault. It is controlled by someon

Who should play Buddy in Elf?
 Sep 24 2012, 03:27:31 PM
I do wish Noah would come back and do this but he's happy out in LA and said he won't be coming back...
Broadway Real Estate Thread?
 Jul 6 2012, 10:21:31 PM
I've heard that the crazy producers of SOUL DOCTOR are hoping to transfer to CIRCLE.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You