News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for caquino

Member Name: caquino
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: One Life to Live LOVES Broadway
 Apr 21 2009, 08:39:55 PM
Erika Slezak's husband is Brian Davies. He was indeed the original Rolf in THE SOUND OF MUSIC. He was also the original Hero in A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM and was in the original cast of JAMES JOYCE'S THE DEAD (off and on Broadway).
Archival Photo of Stephen Sondheim & Seurat Painting - handsigned by James Lapine
 Apr 20 2009, 10:09:58 AM
WE WILL ALWAYS BELONG TOGETHER
Mr. Sondheim, meet Mr. Seurat. When Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine were developing their ground-breaking, Pulitzer Prize winning Sunday in the Park with George in 1983, they paid a visit to the original at the Art Institute of Chicago and Mr. Lapine shot this candid photograph of his famous collaborator in front of the source of their inspiration. According to Mr. Lapine, the visit with the painting occured just before the workshop of the musical at Playwr

re: Anyone see any Bway stars perform before they 'made it'...?
 Jun 28 2008, 09:02:17 AM
--Jason Danieley in FLOYD COLLINS
--Kelli O'Hara in MY LIFE WITH ALBERTINE (she had already done SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS but not everyone knew here yet)
--Elizabeth Marvel in ARTS & LEISURE
--Frances Conroy in OUR TOWN, ARTS & LEISURE and RIDE DOWN MT. MORGAN. (She has been a working actress long before I saw her on stage for the first time, but these credits all came before she became a household name with "Six Feet Under" in 2001.)

re: Saved! 5/10/08
 May 12 2008, 11:27:18 AM
Seats are never held for rush. Rush is always based on availability. My last post:

Playwrights Horizons has a rush policy for people 30 and under called HotTix. It's a $20 ticket - one per person (each person much show proof of age) - starting an hour before showtime based on availability. Same goes with student rush - $15 per person with a valid student ID an hour before showtime, based on availability.

The Ticket Central box office is open 12pm-8pm every day. I recommend c

re: Celebrity sighting at Gypsy
 May 11 2008, 09:58:37 AM
When I went a couple of weeks ago, Elliot Gould was there.
re: Saved! 5/10/08
 May 11 2008, 08:13:24 AM
Playwrights Horizons has a rush policy for people 30 and under called HotTix. It's a $20 ticket - one per person (each person much show proof of age) - starting an hour before showtime based on availability. Same goes with student rush - $15 per person with a valid student ID an hour before showtime, based on availability.

The Ticket Central box office is open 12pm-8pm every day. I recommend calling them the day before or the day of a show you might want to rush - just to find out i

autographed items from GREY GARDENS & DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE, SAVED opening night tix, and more...
 Apr 18 2008, 02:06:42 PM
Check out the Playwrights Horizons Online Auction. Just a few of the theater-related items:

--GREY GARDENS vocal score and libretto - both signed by the authors, director and leading ladies: Doug Wright, Scott Frankel, Michael Korie, Michael Greif, Christine Ebersole and Mary Louise Wilson. *Plus* a copy of the off-Broadway cast recording. (Rare item!)

--DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE poster signed by the author and the entire cast: Sarah Ruhl, Mary-Louise Parker, Kathleen Chalfant, Dav

re: Question about Playwrights Horizons Re SAVED
 Apr 8 2008, 03:46:35 PM
A few things:

--SESSIONS was not a Playwrights Horizons show. That was a rental in the Peter Jay Sharp Theater. But it is true that there will not be another show in the Mainstage Theater immediately after SAVED. (It's the last show of the 2007-08 season.)

--There are no loge seats for SAVED.

--Certain shows sold by Ticket Central have a Student No Rush policy where you can buy student tix in advance. However, Playwrights Horizons does not participate in this initi

re: The Best Broadway themed cake I have ever seen
 Apr 3 2008, 01:33:45 PM
Duh. Thanks for pointing out that the answer was already in a previous post.

I've seen a few eps of Ace of Cakes - the stuff they make is pretty amazing. I can't imagine how much those specialty cakes must cost.

re: Memberships for those 30 & Under...
 Apr 2 2008, 09:57:59 PM
Playwrights Horizons has a membership for people 30 & Under which basically works out to $20 per ticket. Go to the Playwrights Horizons website and look for "FLEXPASS 4 or 6 Ticket" and click on "More Info."

So you don't have to have a mid-life crisis until you turn 31. :)

re: Steel Pier vs. The Who's Tommy (March Madness, Round 2, game 14)
 Mar 24 2008, 10:44:28 PM
STEEL PIER. I'm only comparing the scores, but I really enjoy STEEL PIER and I'm not a fan of TOMMY.
re: First Preview of DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE Canceled
 Feb 9 2008, 02:13:25 AM
First preview was cancelled due to a sick actor.

There was never a matinee scheduled for Feb. 9th. The second preview (which will now be the first) is Feb. 9th at 8pm.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You