News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

What's Eric Kunze up to these days?

What's Eric Kunze up to these days?

On the road...
#1What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 3/16/09 at 11:47pm

Does anyone know what Eric Kunze is doing these days? I know he recently did a production of MISS SAIGON in North Carolina, but that's the last I could really find. I recently became obsessed with watching clips of him doing WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND on youtube and was wondering what he's up to these days.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#2re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 3/17/09 at 12:18am

Miss Saigon in North Carolina does not open until March 21st (up to 29th).
Miss Saigon North Carolina

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

eatlasagna
maggiwun2 Profile Photo
maggiwun2
#3re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 3/17/09 at 3:24pm

Since Whistle, among other things, Eric has been in Miss Saigon in Redondo Beach (and received an Ovation nomination), Evita at the Music Circus in Sacramento, and in The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber at the Kennedy Center in DC over the holidays. He will be opening in Miss Saigon this coming weekend. At the end of April he will be performing the title role in Jesus Christ Superstar at the Civic Light Opera in Redondo Beach. If you want more information, check his fansite (which I maintain) at www.erickunze.com

Eric Kunze Fansite Updated On: 3/17/09 at 03:24 PM

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#4re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 3/17/09 at 5:00pm

He is gorgeous.

On the road...
#5re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 9:45am

Does anyone know if he's gay?

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#6re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 3:45pm

He is not gay.

eatlasagna
#7re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 4:12pm

as much as i loved Eric Kunze (and Jennifer Paz) in Miss Saigon (he also keeps going to be JCS it seems)... i wish he (and her) would stop doing them...

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#8re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 4/13/09 at 2:48am

Times are tough, and you gotta do what you gotta do to pay 'em bills even if it's playing age inappropriate roles -- like Ted Neeley touring in JCS even though his voice no longer has the capacity to take on the role...

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#9re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 4/13/09 at 3:24am

He's been playing the same 5 roles for like 20 years.

EXTREMELY talented, liked his Jesus and loved his Che...but just an observation.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#10re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 4/13/09 at 3:08pm

I loved his Jesus and saw the show several times here in SF because of him. I worked up the nerve to wait for him at the stage door and he signed my playbill. A nice and gorgeous man.

maggiwun2 Profile Photo
maggiwun2
#11re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 1/5/11 at 8:54am

Eric just released his first CD, "Eric Kunze: My Collection" available on the website erickunze dot com. One of the cuts, "Fathers and Sons" is available for download on CD Baby.

maggiwun2 Profile Photo
maggiwun2
#12re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 1/24/11 at 6:30pm

Update on Eric: First of all, his CD, "Eric Kunze: My Collection" has been out for a couple of months now and was just made available at cdbaby.com for digital download. It will be on Amazon and iTunes very shortly. The CD was very favorably reviewed on TheaterMania this week: http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/01-2011/15-alluring-albums_33478.html. In addition, it was among the top 25 Cds voted by listeners on the internet radio station, Broadway Cafe Society 365 Live this week as well. Yesterday we found out Eric has been nominated by the Kevin Kline Awards for his portrayal of Joe Hardy in the Muny's Damn Yankees. It's been a good week for Eric!

Eric Kunze Fansite

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#13re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
Posted: 1/24/11 at 7:08pm

Congrats to Eric!

Videos