News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for blah2

blah2 Profile Photo
Member Name: blah2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why Drowsy didn't take Best Musical
 Jun 11 2006, 11:32:49 PM
This is only worth the time it takes for you to read it really...but in my opinion, Drowsy didn't win because of the tony voter make-up of touring-theatre-voters, who place their vote on what they think will make the most money for their theatre when the show tours. Of Drowsy and Jersey...it is this actor's opinion that Jersey will sell better than Drowsy in touring productions. It is also this actor's opinion that DROWSY is the BETTER show. It is the only original piece of theatre to hit the b
re: Male Musical Numbers equivelant to...
 May 28 2006, 12:11:21 PM
As trite and tired as they might be for audition songs...

"Lost in the Wilderness" - Children of Eden
"What is it About Her?" - The Wild Party (Lippa)

re: How to get tony tickets??
 May 14 2006, 10:45:11 PM
oh...you were kidding? (heading out the door to return two tony awards show tickets)
re: How to get tony tickets??
 May 14 2006, 09:31:21 PM
my friend won the san francisco sing for your tony's ticket contest...that bitch! Of course, I only use that affectionate term because she's flying all the way out here from SF with that extra ticket and not taking me. Again I say...that bitch!
re: What is YOUR 'Drowsy Chaperone'?
 Apr 9 2006, 11:19:16 AM
Light in the Piazza
Wild Party (Lippa)
Children of Eden
Into the Woods (original)
Bat Boy

for old time's sake: LES MIS & SAIGON

re: Help with Student Rush/Loterry
 Apr 9 2006, 05:47:29 AM
If you're gonna try for tickets any other night, Wicked and Drowsy DO NOT run their lottery at the same time. Your best bet would be:

Wicked: Lottery draws at 6:00
Spelling Bee: right next door, lottery draws at 6:30
Drowsy: 4 blocks away, lottery draws at 7:00

(won tickets to Drowsy Friday and Spelling Bee on Saturday! See Drowsy before it opens and becomes the impossible ticket to get with HUGE lottery crowds, imho)

re: Calling all CHAPERONE Fans!
 Apr 9 2006, 05:34:26 AM
I saw it Friday night, lottery tickets, front row center...OUTSTANDING! After seeing other shows this season and last, I have found a permanent place for this musical on my list of favorites. It's witty, clever, with amazing performances and while sometimes underused, an amazing cast. The concept is original...something LACKING in most every other show this season. Bob Martin, having been the real life groom, has all of the honesty and feeling nailed in for the love of his musical. I heard someo
re: The wave does not belong in the theater!
 Apr 9 2006, 05:20:34 AM
I, too, was at the show last night and while I tried to ignore the wave the few times it came around, thinking "WHAT IS GOING ON?", it did create a buzz of fun energy in the audience for the show...regardless of those of us who scoffed. These "offenders" were the same ones completely enthralled and with the characters every step of the way. ***MINOR SPOILER***They wimpered out loud when Leaf Coneybear was eliminated; they cheered for William Barfee in the end.

So, while it sounds like

re: Who cast Laura B.. In TWS?
 Apr 5 2006, 09:31:25 PM
My two cents...I love Laura B...seen her a few times, most recently in The Secret Garden benefit before seeing her in TWS. I have to agree, I think she's unfortunately miscast in this show. The show is underwhelming and is not a vehicle for someone of her calibur. Could someone else do a better job with the role? Who knows? Personally, I'd take an amazing actress who can sing moderately well in this role. (NOT to say that Laura is an amazing singer who can act moderately well...but her strength,
re: Easy Lotteries
 Apr 4 2006, 07:03:51 AM
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/boards/index.php?rush=show#20
re: Bad Musical Ideas
 Apr 4 2006, 06:28:06 AM
The Wedding Singer
Bring Back...
 Apr 4 2006, 06:09:00 AM
Falsettos
Ragtime
Children of Eden (I know it was never ON broadway...but it should be)

Tickets to Musical Workshops
 Apr 4 2006, 06:06:14 AM
Hi All- Just wondering if there's a resource to find tickets or invites to musical workshops...of up and coming musicals, composers, etc? Thanks in advance!
re: RAGTIME and PARADE
 Apr 4 2006, 06:01:52 AM
Interestingly enough, Garth Drabinsky, the original producer of these two shows produced them, along with the revival of Showboat, as an "American Trilogy" about class, racism and the american experience. I think they are both brilliant shows.

However, with that said, I saw the national tour of Ragtime and it was dramatically paired down from the original Broadaway show. I was disapointed by that fact alone. I've done the show a few times and it is a bitch of a show to costume, stage a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You