News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for acekatherineplumber2

acekatherineplumber2 Profile Photo
Member Name: acekatherineplumber2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Taylor Swift Musical?  Nov 26 2019, 10:25:24 PM
I would love to see a Taylor Swift musical, but I’d rather see an original one she wrote, in the vein of Waitress. Her songs are so much about reflecting on the past and they’re great and tell wonderful stories, but most of them don’t have the in-the-moment feel that great theatre songs have.
 Nov 17 2019, 09:56:14 PM

For the record, ALW approached Taylor Swift about writing lyrics for this song. She didn’t presumptuously force herself on it.

Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread  Feb 4 2018, 08:48:06 PM

Does anyone know if Bernadette's been stagedooring?

Anastasia or Miss Saigon?  Dec 19 2017, 02:10:05 PM

See Anastasia! One of my favorite shows I saw this year!

SELLING A TICKET TO THE MAD ONES 12/17 3PM  Dec 11 2017, 10:29:09 AM

I bought a ticket to see The Mad Ones on Sunday because I am a Ben Fankhauser fan, but have learned that he's been replaced and I would rather see something else. My ticket is for the closing performance of the musical. I have a front row seat (Orch A5), which cost me $70. I would be grateful if someone wants to take it off my hands! Price is negotiable. Also, you would have to pick up the ticket at will call, but I spoke to 59E59 and they said they can change the name on the ticket from

GROUNDHOG DAY APPRECIATION THREAD  Sep 17 2017, 07:58:17 PM

I was there this afternoon. My first time seeing the show and I thought it was lovely. And I've seen Andy in a number of shows and this was his most commanding performance yet. Broadway is really losing two gems in Bandstand and GHD today.

GROUNDHOG DAY APPRECIATION THREAD  Sep 14 2017, 11:48:08 PM

A similar thing happened to me! I've been wanting to see this show for months, but I haven't had the time and I just moved to Boston, so I had accepted that given that I need time to adjust to living in a new city, I wouldn't have time to see this show before it closed. I realized yesterday that I have a lot of free time this weekend, enough to see Groundhog Day, and I scoured the internet for tickets, but I couldn't find any, much to my disappointment. I checked again this mo

AMÉLIE Previews  Mar 21 2017, 09:56:30 PM

Has anyone stagedoored? If so, which cast members tend to show? Also, how long have you been waiting for the cast members to come to the stage door after the show ends?

Scenery that should of got nominated for a Tony.  Mar 6 2017, 10:56:54 AM

The revival of Gigi should certainly have been nominated. I can't rbelieve call the scenic designer's name at this time.

COME FROM AWAY Previews  Feb 20 2017, 10:57:06 AM

I saw yesterday's matinee and had a grand time. I also saw it in DC and liked it a lot then and thought it was even stronger, tighter and more full of energy yesterday! The audience LOVED it. Instant standing O and they wouldn't sit down for ~5 minutes. I've rarely seen that type of enthusiasm for a show, especially this early in its run. If you can make it to the Schoenfeld, Come From Away is a beautiful piece that's full of heart and worth your time and money.

KID VICTORY (Previews)  Feb 1 2017, 09:49:17 AM

I saw it in Arlington and thought it was dreadful. 

Favorite Actress to Portray Elphaba  Jan 27 2017, 10:58:30 AM

Mandy Gonzalez 

Daisy Eagan in THE SECRET GARDEN at the Shakespeare Theatre Company in D.C.  Nov 21 2016, 03:08:06 PM

I saw the show on Saturday and I thought it was pretty good! Great cast, for the most part, and really enjoyed Eagan.

re: Most Unexpected Closing Announcement  Aug 21 2016, 09:07:37 PM

Newsies and Shuffle Along were the most surprising, I think.

NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay  Jul 27 2016, 06:42:59 PM

I'M ECSTATIC! This is great news!

What shows did you go in with low expectations but ended up really enjoying?  Jun 23 2016, 06:55:12 PM

Gigi, Finding Neverland, and Beautiful.

Historical people/moments you want to see in a musical  Jun 23 2016, 06:52:37 PM

Great to hear that other people like the concept of a Teddy Roosevelt musical. He's far and beyond my favorite historical figure and I've had the idea in my head for maybe a year that a musical about him could work well.

Worst 'Best Musical'  Jun 7 2016, 09:27:36 AM

Avenue Q

By chance, anyone catch Newsies on tour?  May 31 2016, 12:52:31 PM

The tour is fantastic. I've been five times.

Pop stars you want to write a show  May 23 2016, 06:57:10 AM

I think maybe in a while Taylor Swift could create a good musical score. Her songs tend to depict character eviction and tell stories and she's a particularly strong lyricist. She also seems to have a firm grasp on how to write several genres of music.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You