News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mjcallahan

Member Name: mjcallahan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'The Acting Job'
 Mar 28 2009, 07:09:28 PM
I work in retail as do a lot of my actor friends. My job happens to be in Midtown literally one block from Equity so I can scoot out if i have to. Retail/customer service has worked out really nicely for me and my friends. Actors are usually good sellers too! The better you are, the more likely managers are to help you out.

I've had 3 different retail jobs and they've all been REALLY flexible. As long as I communicate and do my half, I can usually leave and come back as long as I keep

re: Show Within a Show
 Jul 11 2008, 12:53:43 AM
The most obvious one I can think of is Drood. Most of the music is sung within the context of the show-within-the-show, and the rest are standard numbers that the music hall performers do each night regardless of what show-within-a-show they are actually doing. Sorry if that was confusing... but the show is BRILLIANT!
re: Grease YTOTIW Cast: Where are they now?
 Jun 12 2008, 09:46:52 AM
Allie is definitely in Grease. She started either last week or the week before.
re: Quetion about Legally BLonde MTV show
 May 27 2008, 04:54:11 PM
his name is Paul Canaan and he's in the ensemble and he's been in 4 broadway shows.
re: Spring Awakening Equity Call
 May 12 2008, 01:00:55 AM
its a crap shoot. you just have to show up and sign up
Annaleigh Ashford Love Part Deux
 May 12 2008, 12:59:40 AM
one more thing... thought you guys might want to see these! I saw a show for the fringe festival last summer called "Show Choir! The Musical" and I kept my playbill from the show. I googled some of the cast to see what they were up to (the show was great and the cast was phenominal). I found that a few of the cast members have websites and one of them was in Drood at Marymount with Annaleigh! I remembered her once I saw the pictures because I saw that production since I had a friend in the ensem
 May 12 2008, 12:27:21 AM
to answer the question about her "range"

she has a huge belt up to almost an F (above High C) i believe (I have a good friend that did theater with her at Marymount Manhattan and I saw her in many things there) with a solid mix as well. Her soprano is huge as well... at least the G above high C (sorry, i don't know the exact terminology)

re: Spring Awakening Equity Call
 May 6 2008, 08:43:51 PM
you should absolutely go to the equity call. its a required EPA which means that it will most likely not have a great equity actor showing. I would say get there early, sign up on the non union list and wait and see if you get seen. they will see you if they have time.

don't worry about it being too close to your last audition. 1st, the casting assistant is probably not the same one that saw you last time and if they are the same, they won't remember you. 2nd there's nothing wrong with

re: Is the Spelling Bee (non - equity) tour still on?
 May 5 2008, 12:54:21 AM
all I know is that offers went out to the cast last week.
re: cry baby opens on the 24 of april
 Apr 24 2008, 12:17:37 AM
saw it tonight. the show was heavily papered tonight and there were four empty rows behind me. it was the worst thing i've seen in a long time. cast was great, well some of them, but the show itself is awful. i feel bad for the cast because they are really working hard! The male dancers are AMAZING!
 Apr 23 2008, 12:33:42 PM
Those pictures are from Marymount Manhattan's production of "The Mystery of Edwin Drood". I saw her in this because I went to see my friend who was also in it and she was really great!
re: How much do leads of a show make a year?
 Apr 17 2008, 02:30:17 AM
certain shows pay extremely well. i know for a fact that there are 3 leads in musicals right now that make 15,000-20,000 a week. Yes, a week. some others, based on name may make more. It really depends on the show and the producers but these shows i'm speaking of aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You