News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for madcap_fiance_rose

madcap_fiance_rose Profile Photo
Member Name: madcap_fiance_rose
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: YF Stagedoor?
 May 6 2008, 06:46:19 PM
They all used to come out at night shows, but now I think they alternate or something... Megan usually comes out, and sometimes you'll catch Sutton, Andrea, Shuler, and Chris but you'll VERY rarely see Roger... I've only seen him at the stagedoor once out of 5x... Megan is 4 for 5
re: OMTF
 May 1 2008, 09:44:47 PM
hehehe kudos to spellingbeefan... 'cept now i've got goodbye love in my head...
re: OMTF
 May 1 2008, 09:36:00 PM
come on, guys! chill! let it go... it'll make everyone happier.
re: Sweeney Todd question
 May 1 2008, 09:31:47 PM
DEFINATELY the New York Philharmonic with Patti LuPone and George Hearn... Hands down.
re: looking for Musical Theatre songs with Summer in them?
 May 1 2008, 08:17:54 PM
Not a duet but Summer in Ohio from Last 5 Years
re: Phylicia Rashad as the Witch in INTO THE WOODS??
 May 1 2008, 06:30:38 PM
That's so cool about Patti being asked... I'd LOVE to hear her sing Last Midnight... That being said, I loved Bernadette Peters' interpretation on the video... Rashad is okay on the clip, I think... but not great.
RE: Top Ten
 May 1 2008, 04:56:11 PM
Okay, you're entitled to your opinion... all i'm saying is that her eyes were a complete blank- no emotion whatsoever- and she was completely monotone, not just vocally... but while we're on the topic, the music drives the piece so when you have singers that aren't passionate about the music, it looses its magic.
re: Your Most Prized Playbills
 Apr 30 2008, 09:33:32 PM
-Young Frankenstein signed by Megan Mullally, Roger Bart, Andrea Martin
-Gypsy signed by Patti LuPone
-Follies at Encores! signed by Victoria Clark
-Dirty Rotten Scoundrels signed by Joanna Gleason, Greg Jbara (Ms. Gleason's 2nd to last night)
-Wicked signed by Julia Murney
-Curtains signed by David Hyde Pierce
-The Producers with Roger Bart on the cover as Leo Bloom

Apr 30 2008, 09:24:27 PM
...her facial expression didn't change. for the entire movie. She didn't convey at ALL the fact that Mrs. Lovett is MADLY in love with Sweeney Todd and, in fact orchestrated the entire plot so that maybe one day she could get him to look at her like he loved her. hbc did not in any way convey that. if you've ever been truly in love, you know the lengths that you would go to just to have whomever it is look at you the way you feel for them inside. i didn't feel anything for hbc in the movie. patt
re: young frankenstein seating
 Apr 30 2008, 07:52:29 PM
...not even going there...amazing show...completely worth orchestra seats...
 Apr 30 2008, 07:35:25 PM
1.Patti LuPone- Sweeney Todd in Concert
2.Liza Minelli- Cabaret
3.Joanna Gleason- Into the Woods
4.Catherine Zeta-Jones- Chicago
5.Bette Midler- The Rose
6.Carol Burnett- Annie
7.George Hearn- Sweeney Todd in Concert
8.Gary Beach- The Producers
9.Lesley Ann Warren- Victor/ Victoria
10.Marnie Nixon/Audrey Hepburn- My Fair Lady
11.Viviane Blaine- Guys and Dolls

and an honorable mention for Jim Sturgess in Across the Universe... I know, I k

re: Another week and no announcement
 Apr 30 2008, 07:25:17 PM
I can't wait! My computers getting burnt out from youtube-ing rose's turn hehe
re: young frankenstein seating
 Apr 30 2008, 07:21:37 PM
If possible get orchestra. Definately not balcony... the Hilton is HUGE so balcony is reeeeally far away... The very front of dress circle isn't bad but orchestra seating is best and if possible the left aisle... not tellin why...
re: Who has the perfect, pure voice?
 Apr 30 2008, 07:19:23 PM
Guys: Neil Patrick Harris, George Hearn, Chris Fitzgerald, Matthew Morrison, Davis Gaines
Girls: Victoria Clark, Julie Andrews, Megan Mullally, Patti LuPone, Ashley Brown, Rebecca Luker, Laura Benanti

Pure is subjective...

re: This is sort of diffiult to articulate..
 Apr 27 2008, 08:56:14 PM
Two words: Young Frankenstein. I think it's the best thing on Broadway right now and it totally got smashed by critics... I also kinda don't like Spring Awakening all that much...
re: American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway
 Apr 27 2008, 08:51:36 PM
I could definately see her as TiMoune!!! And, in a few years, she'd be a gorgeous Erzulie... I love OOTI...
 Apr 27 2008, 05:36:10 PM
Thank you!!!
 Apr 27 2008, 04:48:21 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I'm just backing up mine. (which happens to be the opinion of 99.9% of people, but i'm just saying...)
 Apr 27 2008, 04:22:47 PM
Impressive range, incredible connection to the character/lyric, fantastic tone, distinguishable voice and yet diverse and adaptable, incredible staying power (I saw her twice when she was sick and couldn't tell the difference), obvious passion and love for what she's singing, no definable break in her voice, perfection in many genres, not to mention more stage presence than i thought possible... Need me to go on?!?

She can make you fall in love with a stage mom who has potentially ruine

re: Macbeth
 Apr 27 2008, 03:29:00 PM
Hahaha okay! I'll try and get tickets... Shame about Hecate... I hate that they always cut it!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You