News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RussT2

Member Name: RussT2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Oscar Isaac and Rachel Brosnahan in THE SIGN IN SIDNEY BRUSTEIN’S WINDOW at BAM  Feb 22 2023, 12:43:24 PM

I saw the Saturday February 18th performance. Sitting stage left about 5 rows from the front. Theater itself is great, even that close to the side we had a great view of everything. I went it without knowing the storyline and even though it's dated, much of the story is about the human experience, so it holds up 50+ years later. The entire cast is great but Oscar Issac really is a powerhouse. Brosnahan as well is fantastic. The only performer that was good but paled in comparison to the r

Piano Lesson Rush  Jan 30 2023, 02:47:18 PM

Saw the 3pm matinee on Jan 29th which was the closing performance. I thought the show was great, and I'd heard people comment that John David Washington was the weak link, but I thought he was great as was the entire cast. Sam Jackson was amazing as I expected him to be, but I think my favorite performer was Ray Fischer as Lymon.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway  Jun 7 2022, 02:19:21 PM

In the Fall of 2016 I'd heard rumblings about this show that was opening called DEAR EVAN HANSEN, but I knew nothing about the show except that it was about high school. I got preview tickets for November for $50 each and my bf and I went in completely clueless as to what we were in for. We were blown away. So happy we went in not knowing anything about the story. DEH opened a few weeks later and the rest is history. It had a good run, but if people aren't going to see it, maybe it&#3

Hamilton-Convince me.  Feb 4 2019, 09:47:06 AM

brdwybuff said: "*edited:

Would you recommend seeing Hamilton?

Thanks!
"

I've seen it twice and I'm going for my third time this May. It was the most exciting and emotional show I've ever seen. I'm going to be 51 this month so I've seen my fair share of shows in my life and this is the best one I've ever seen. It's just my opinion of course.

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Reviews  Jan 13 2019, 10:15:00 AM

Took my bf to see TKAMB last night. We sat in R 102 and 101 in orchestra. Great seats!Show was excellent. We really loved it. Not understanding some of the negative comments about the show. Great performances all around, great sets and music. *By the way, this MAY be a spoiler alert so if you don't want to know...........................................

...many performers (during both acts) enter scenes by walking down the aisle and stepping on to the stage.

If

MEH-ry Poppins  Jan 1 2019, 09:32:22 PM

I thought it was a good movie and I really liked the cast, costumes and script. As far as the music goes, I liked some of the songs, but the final song "Nowhere To Go But Up" is in my opinion an instant classic sounding like something the Sherman Brothers would have written back in the early 60s for the original Mary Poppins.

When Someone Overflows Onto Your Seat & Ruins The Show?  Apr 26 2018, 05:56:17 AM

As a formerly very large person, I didn't go to Broadway for years because at my biggest I was 485 pounds and there was no way I would fit into fixed armchair seats at any Broadway house. Then I discovered that most all Broadway theaters have a few aisle seats called "transfer seats" which means the arm on the aisle can actually be raised up completely so a person can slide into and out of them easier. This solved my problem so I was able to see shows again because I didn't

Three Tall Women...Stage Door  Apr 1 2018, 09:33:31 PM

My bf and I saw it Saturday night. I had a very long day Saturday so I was not as energized as I'd have liked to be. The first 30 minutes was fine but I must confess my mind did wander here and there. It took off soon after and it was riveting. The cast is great but Glenda Jackson was the main reason I wanted to see this show and she did NOT disappoint. My God! She is a dynamo of energy, wit and charisma. What presence! We did the stage door after and Alison Pill came out and signed, then

THREE TALL WOMEN Reviews  Apr 1 2018, 09:30:41 PM

THREE TALL WOMEN (2018) Previews  Feb 27 2018, 02:46:49 PM

Boyfriend got us tickets for the first Saturday after previews end in March.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 01:51:39 PM

My boyfriend got us balcony seats for Sunday 9/9/18 for only $50 per seat/per show. We're seeing both parts same day.

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017  Oct 17 2017, 08:35:26 AM

I'm really glad I was at the first show on October 3rd because The Rising was not in the show then. He played The Ghost Of Tom Joad in that slot. I wonder what made him swap those songs? I guess we'll never know. His performance of The Ghost Of Tom Joad was really powerful, but i'm guessing he wanted to perform a more upbeat song and changed it to the Rising.

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017  Oct 17 2017, 08:26:58 AM

Relevance81491 said: "any reports on merch?????? (itemsand prices please)"

No programs. Hoodies, sweatshirts, coffee mugs, posters. Don't know the prices because I didn't buy anything. The only price I know is $15 for a beer that comes in a Springsteen On Broadway plastic tumbler.

Official merchandise can be purchased outside the theater now during showtimes so you don't even need a ticket to get it.

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017  Oct 4 2017, 02:23:28 PM

ArtMan said: "When touring, Bruce often changes his set list from city to city. I would assume he would do the same here, nightly, especially since it is just him, piano and guitars."

I highly doubt that is going to happen. This was definitely scripted. There were teleprompters, small, but even from the distance I was seated at you could make them out. That's fine though because this is a very specific tale he is telling and even though it's scripted, it soun

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017  Oct 4 2017, 10:08:04 AM

Anshel2 said: "How do you think the box seats are for this? Does he stay front and middle?"

He stays in the center, and moves over to the piano from time to time. There is not a bad seat in the house. It's a small theater. See this photo I took from before the show started, we were up in the first mezzanine.

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017  Oct 4 2017, 09:21:59 AM

10086sunset said: "Any reports from last night?"

It was magical. It was just Bruce on a very sparse stage with just a black grand piano, and a few acoustic guitars. The "set" was just a grey wall and a few of those metal touring cases that bands use on the road for their gear. The best parts of the show were when he sat at the piano and sang and talked. I'd never seen him do that before so it was really special. A few times during songs he played with guitar, he would purposely walk away from the mic and walk to the foot of the stage and sing out into the theater. The only minor complaint I had was he brought his wife out for 2 songs ( Tougher Than The Rest and Brilliant Disguise) and while they sounded good, bringing her out changed the dynamic of the show. I liked it more when it was just Bruce and the audience. Still, it was a great night and seeing an artist this stripped down in a small venue was fantastic.

When Pigs Fly revival to open on October  Sep 11 2017, 03:55:05 PM

"But there's some cases that, if people are raving about a show, I like togo to the theater without listen to anything. I will probably do this with The Band's Visit, and maybe with a When Pigs Fly. Shoud I wait for the reviews? or just go? what do you think?"

I saw the original cast about 6 times. The show is brilliant. If this new cast is any good, then they can't miss. I'm sure they will update the lyrics of the "torch songs"

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017  Aug 30 2017, 12:18:39 PM

I got a code Tuesday night and my finger was on the mouse at 9:59 am and within 30 seconds of logging in with my code $400 tickets came up, but I threw them back because I didn't want to spend more than $200 per ticket. BIG MISTAKE. I spent the next 25 minutes searching with no luck at all. I called my boyfriend and told him I was going to give up when in mid sentence two $300 tickets popped up. You never saw an index finger click a mouse quicker than mine just then. Phew! I'm glad th

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017  Aug 30 2017, 05:02:37 AM

Tapdance2 said: "Everyone I know got the standby notification, is there anyone who was notified that they won?"

I got the email last night saying I'm getting a code for this morning.

I also got the code 2 weeks ago for Hamilton verified tickets and I was able to get 2 tickets, so I've already done this verified thing recently. Not that it will make a difference at 10 am today. These tickets will go super fast.

Hamilton next ticket release on ticket master verified  Aug 21 2017, 10:34:27 AM

Got my code this morning and got 4 tickets a few minutes after 10 am this morning for March 2018. I think this Ticketmaster verification system is great. I had to be patient and let Ticketmaster search for 3 or 4 minutes but it all worked out. Since I've already seen the show from very close up, I chose to get 4 of the $199 seats in the rear mezz.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You