News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for matildathemiracle2

matildathemiracle2 Profile Photo
Member Name: matildathemiracle2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

She Loves Me Cast Recording?  Apr 5 2016, 02:00:17 PM

Any word on if the revival will get a cast recording? I know it is still fairly soon after opening, but has anyone heard anything? I saw the show last week and fell absolutely in love with the cast, show, and production and would love a cast recording to revisit it!

Sydney Lucas  Jun 24 2015, 12:03:16 AM

Not sure about Sydney, but the boys playing Alison's brother's contracts are up in October, if that's any indication. 

Amazing Grace or Finding Neverland  Jun 22 2015, 07:03:27 PM

I'd go with Amazing Grace. 

Neverland is going on tour so it'll probably be coming somewhere near you. I don't think that any of the performances in Neverland are "can't miss" so you should be good with a tour.

Your never know how Amazing Grace will do, so you could be part of a small group who gets to see it if it doesn't run long. Plus, the music and cast are great.

Theater Reads  Jun 22 2015, 06:59:28 PM

Jen Tepper's The Untold Stories of Broadway and the Playbill Yearbooks are my favorites.

Matilda Tour?  Jun 19 2015, 07:00:18 PM

I understood the accents all the times I've seen the show, but could understand why people don't. I definitely liked the straight British that the original Matilda's did much better than the accent they use now. All three times that I've seen the show the accents have been pretty different and gradually getting worse.

I just don't understand why they don't cut the accents all together. They're supposed to be British, but sound Irish, and there really isn't anything in the show that

"Life After Tomorrow"  Jun 19 2015, 06:54:44 PM

Just came across this documentary on Amazon- is it worth a purchase? I was a big Annie fan when I was younger, but the Amazon reviews are pretty varied...

Best Musicals for Kids  Jun 17 2015, 04:07:52 PM

I took my two cousins, at the time 7 and 10, to see both Aladdin and Matilda. Aladdin was first and they were pretty bored. I personally loved it, but they both fell asleep after Friend Like Me. I hadn't seen the show yet, so my ticket was worth it, but definitely was not worth the $200 I paid for them. A pretty expensive nap for them.

We saw Matilda the next day and they were pretty hesitant to go, but they were enthralled the entire time. We sat on house right in the orchest

Fall 2015  Jun 15 2015, 04:34:42 PM

"If there's a Broadway transfer of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the musical what theatre would be best fit for it and how much would Matilda be impacted? I know Matilda wasn't impacted much in London after Charlie opened, but I feel Charlie is more well known here in the United States."

The problem with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is that very little material from the movies

Fun Home Cast  Jun 11 2015, 12:29:03 AM

I heard an interview with Zell Morrow, who plays the eldest brother in the show, today where it was stated that his contract goes up in October. Not sure what that means for Sydney, but I think the two boys have 3-4 more months.

New Matildas?  May 29 2015, 09:30:52 AM

"Well actually we are waiting to hear the names of the new "Nextildas"...
The biggest kept secret around...I don't think it's allowed for them to have only 3 girls playing Matilda.... as you can't change the numbers in a cast once it's starts, right? So I am sure they can get by for a short time but not for long..
 "

I'm seeing the show tomorrow night and I know that Saturday night is typically the final performance for a Mat

Memorable song from recent flops  May 29 2015, 09:28:48 AM

"A Way Back to Then" from [Title of Show] and "Who Id Be" from Shrk

New Matilda's?  May 27 2015, 02:24:40 PM

Any idea when the new Matilda's will be announced? Brooklyn Shuck had her last performance last Saturday and the website only lists the other three girls (Tori, Eliza, and Fina) as Matilda's, so shouldn't an announcement be made soon?

School Of Rock casting?  May 26 2015, 11:17:23 AM

Imogen Lloyd Webber has said that the cast is amazing and she is just blown away every time she hears and sees the kids perform. I'm sure the cast will be announced after the Tonys madness dies down so the news isn't overshadowed by the awards.

Worst Experience Right Now at MATILDA  May 21 2015, 03:17:11 PM

"This is why I haven't seen Matilda yet. Ugh. Sorry that happened!"

It really is an amazing show- seen it twice, going back next weekend, and would gladly see it 100 more times- but your best bet is to avoid a matinee to avoid the clans of children.

Tesori Cast Albums?  May 21 2015, 03:15:11 PM

I have mixed feelings about Shrek. I love "Who Id Be" "I Know It's Today" "More to the Story" and "Freak Flag", but the rest of it is pretty predictable and a little forced

Worst Experience Right Now at MATILDA  May 21 2015, 02:55:35 PM

I had a similar experience with Wicked. Three school groups came and were very distracting from my mezzanine seat. At intermission I told an usher, who alerted the stage manager, who moved me to orchestra and was very appreciative that I told him.

Wicked Movie Casting  May 21 2015, 11:39:55 AM

I could see Sarah Hyland playing a role in the movie, whether one of the witches or Nessa. She's on Modern Family now so she is known to audiences and appeared in the original cast of Grey Gardens and in Hair at the Hollywood Bowl, so she can sing.

2016 - 2017 Touring Season  May 21 2015, 11:32:11 AM

Hoping that Fun Home makes it to the NC/SC area. I fear that people down here would not be appreciative of an LGBT musical, or talking about the topic for that matter, but Charlotte did get Kinky Boots in March so hopefully this can happen. 

First show seen on broadway?  May 18 2015, 07:54:44 AM

Les Mis revival in '07

2016 - 2017 Touring Season  May 7 2015, 06:58:06 PM

So the confirmed tours are:

On the Town

An American in Paris

Finding Neverland

Curious Incident

Into the Woods

The King and I

not too shabby!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You