pixeltracker

Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, "No More Revivals" available online

Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, "No More Revivals" available online

nearthestage
#1Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, "No More Revivals" available online
Posted: 1/11/10 at 2:38pm

No More Revivals is a collection of original works from songwriters who have been involved in the BMI Musical Theatre Workshop.

Each original song is sung by some of Broadway's finiest and all are wonderful, (I'm especially partial to Block, Olivo, Pierce, and Swenson's songs). The list of performers includes;

Stephanie Block
David Hyde Pierce
Kerry Butler & Nick Blaemire
Karen Olivo
Hunter Bell
Will Swenson
James Barbour (no sample)
and Kelli O'Hara

Give it a listen, it appears to be an awesome collection. It's slated for release in February. I'm definitely looking forward to this CD!

Snippets of the collection are now available for download or online streaming on Producer Michael Gilboe's website.

http://www.michaelgilboe.com/?page_id=549

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#2Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/11/10 at 5:42pm

Could Barbour's perhaps be something from A Tale of Two Cities? I remember the Tale people always bumping the fact that Tale was part of MBI!

nearthestage
#2Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/11/10 at 6:40pm

Just an update. According to Michael Gilboe's tweets; Alice Ripley, Nancy Opal, Kaye Reinders, Adam Chandler-Beret, Gregory Jbara, Malcolm Gets, and Andy Karl have also recorded cuts for this CD.

http://twitter.com/michaelgilboe
Updated On: 1/11/10 at 06:40 PM

Copperhead2
#3Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/12/10 at 11:50am

Thanks for helping get the word out! It was an honor and pleasure to work with so many talented artists. Not only all the great Broadway stars, but the immensely talented writers who will be making much noise in the future, I am sure!

Michael Gilboe
Producer
No More Revivals, Vol. 1

nearthestage
#4Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/12/10 at 12:11pm

Thanks for the post Michael; and of course - your welcome!

bwaybabe2
#5Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/14/10 at 5:57am

Thank you for posting this, nearthestage. This sounds like something which should have happened long ago, already. We need to foster what talent is out there, and I know there is much to be heard still. What a great thing to be coming!
And...what a great opportunity/avenue for MT songwriters and their musical efforts! :)

nearthestage
#6Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/14/10 at 9:56am

Your welcome and I agree bwaybabe. Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available

Whether it be Musical Theatre, Plays, Songwriting or Poetry; there's a plethera of talent just waiting for an opportunity to be displayed. More of this type of effort, with the support by the industries finiest entertainers would be most welcome.

CateBroadway Profile Photo
CateBroadway
#7Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/14/10 at 2:42pm

Thanks for the link! I can't wait to take a listen! The only thing that seems to be missing is a listing of the composers. Am I not seeing it?

nearthestage
#8Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/15/10 at 7:14am

Your welcome CateB.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything on Mr. Gilboe's site that lists the songwriters. Maybe there's something on the BMI site.
Whoever the writers are, I fully intend to support their work in Febuary when this CD is released. :)

Copperhead2
#9Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/15/10 at 5:20pm

What everyone stumbled across isn't an *official* preview of the CD, but my production reel for clients to listen to. I didn't have space to credit everyone.

nearthestage
#10Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/15/10 at 5:39pm

Understood Michael. :)

I appreciate the samplings for the "Rivivals" CD and I'm enjoying the rest of your site as well. It's fun and informative. Hopefully, people are listening to the other offerings as well. I've taken a particular shine to Walk With Me, You're Never Gone and Face Down Blinded.

Keep up the good work! You have a new listener! Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#11Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/20/10 at 3:10pm

When and where is this available? (Not a clip - the actual CD)

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

JbaraFan1
#12Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/20/10 at 3:17pm

February release from Sh-K-Boom.

EDIT: Feb. was the info I had, but apparently, yes, that has changed. This article dated today (1/20) mentions it and says March release (Ghostlight), but again, no specific date yet.

BWW link: http://tinyurl.com/ycgt9sv

Updated On: 1/20/10 at 03:17 PM

Copperhead2
#13Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/20/10 at 7:29pm

It will be the end of February/beginning of March. They haven't told me the specific release date yet... They are finishing up the graphic design for the CD as we speak.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#14Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available
Posted: 1/20/10 at 7:45pm

Will buy the CD but the title "No More Revivals" is annoying.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"