News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lilly7

Member Name: Lilly7
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

75th Annual TONY Awards tickets  Jun 6 2022, 02:38:37 PM

The last time this was offered was in 2018, albeit at a more attainable price of $100. There were definitely a good number of folks who had camped out overnight, but some people also reported walking up when the box office opened with no problems. It all depends on how many tickets they’ll have available. Also, in 2018, they only sold them the day before compare to Tuesday this year. 

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 22 2022, 08:00:40 PM

It’s worth pointing out that Rachel’s lack of invite came from Disney, not the Oscars directly. The Oscars allocate a certain number of tickets to each studio and that’s how folks that aren’t nominees or presenters are invited. Even now she’s attending as a presenter, not an invitee, so it’s not a one-to-one situation where non-film folks like Shaun White stole her seat, but more so because Disney prioritized someone else over her. It’s silly since th

94th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 11 2022, 01:23:27 PM

I wouldn’t count on the SAG bringing much clarity on WSS chances; they reportedly sent out their screeners late. 

Tony Award Rush Line  Jun 9 2018, 08:29:51 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Lilly7 said: "disneybroadwayfan22, I thought you were #18 in line, how did you end up being ticket #51?"

Because everyone in front of me is going TWO tickets and their friends are now joining. :/
"

Ugh, not suprising but it’s really unfair to the other people who camp out esp since we don’t know how many tickets they are giving out. Only if they were switching out with a friend, should

Tony Award Rush Line  Jun 9 2018, 08:19:47 AM
disneybroadwayfan22, I thought you were #18 in line, how did you end up being ticket #51?
2018 Tony Tkts Available  Jun 9 2018, 04:38:19 AM

The link is on the first page and I just clicked buy from map

2018 Tony Tkts Available  Jun 9 2018, 04:19:53 AM
The Ticketmaster link is showing less than 100 seats still available (unless I clicked something wrong); even assuming they sell everything to the rush line, it’s probably not worth it for anyone heading out to the rush line right now
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  May 21 2018, 05:25:33 PM

FYI Ticketmaster no longer has an official return policy for Harry Potter tickets. I asked and they gave me a very vague answer that each purchase will be individually assessed for return. Of course, YMMV but they no longer have an across the board policy.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Apr 28 2018, 01:00:32 PM

CT2NYC, hope you don't mind but I PM'd you as well. I would really appreciated if you would also help me out. Thanks! smiley 

Emmy Rossum HAS to not play Mimi in Rent  Jun 30 2017, 01:57:13 AM

I love fake "woke" people who don't actually bother researching what they're talking about. 

Hispanic is not a race

Latino is not a race. 

Btw the terms don't mean the same thing. Latino refers to people with ties to Latin American. Hispanic refers to people or cultures that have ties to Spain. They can be any of any race, white, black, native, Asian, etc.

themoreyouknow.gif 

Pre-Broadway Run of  Mar 23 2016, 02:16:01 PM

The musical, which combines the plot of the 1953 film with the music of Cole Porter, has been in development for years — an early version was staged at the Muny in St. Louis in 2001, and a reworked version at the Guthrie Theaterin Minneapolis in 2012.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/artsbeat/2016/03/23/musical-adaptation-of-roman-holiday-is-broadway-bound/?_r=0&referer=

Has anyone seen the previous versions? 

Hamilton at the Grammy Awards  Feb 16 2016, 04:15:44 PM

Hellob said: "^^^^ I think most musicals are going to be flat on tv. Even if they did another song there would be complaints. My shot doesn't let people know who is Alexander Hamilton and why is he hanging out with these guys. I'm Furthermore, Lafayette and Mulligan's raps are so dense and fast that the audience could be lost and/or turned off. Possibly "Right Hand Man" would be a good choice but only if Colbert gave a set up explanation. I think the openin

Hamilton at the Grammy Awards  Feb 16 2016, 01:57:52 AM

LOL now I'm imagining an Anna Kendrick version of To Pimp a Butterfly and it is a mess 

Hamilton at the Grammy Awards  Feb 16 2016, 01:30:02 AM

I wish they did a different song but it was still better than all of the performances tonight (excluding Kendrick). While I understand that it was probably chosen cause it requires no background info and it features the entire cast, I believe for an audience of music fans and not musical theater fans, My Shot would have probably resonate better. 

It was pretty obvious that they were gonna win, they even had a Grammy ready backstage. The only reason why t

HAMILTON Landmark?  Feb 11 2016, 02:55:39 PM

Wow, this cover is terrible. There should be a rule that no pop punk band should ever cover Hamilton. 

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Feb 10 2016, 12:15:56 AM

Disney is also opening a Frozen production at DCA this summer, similar to what they did with Aladdin. 

HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!  Feb 10 2016, 12:08:51 AM

Lin was pretty clear on Twitter that by opening number he meant "Alexander Hamilton" not opening the Grammys. But it's pretty funny think the show would be upset over Taylor Swift upstaging them. 

Speaking of "Alexander Hamilton" I think that would probably be the best song to do at a poetry reading. Don't forget, Lin debuted the song originally at a poetry event in the White House.

Hamilton tour to begin in San Francisco  Jan 26 2016, 01:43:43 PM

On Twitter, Lin mention that there will be three productions and three different casts. I'm inclined to think he's counting Broadway as one of the productions but it would interesting if they had three tours going on at the same time.

https://twitter.com/lin_manuel/status/692002886985859074

BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!  Jan 25 2016, 01:47:52 AM

I go to a lot of cons so I kinda have a weird fascination with them. For a first year con, BroadwayCon doesn't sound like it did too bad of a job. Lines were a mess but almost all cons have the same problem and the amount of programming sounds pretty good for it's first year.

The main problem seems to be the price point, if you're gonna charge $100-$600, people are gonna have high expectations of what they will get out of the con. Autographs shoul

Genderbending in Hamilton.  Jan 5 2016, 10:04:54 PM

Eh, I rather have a musical focusing on a woman instead. Women in history rarely have their story told. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You