News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ardiem

Member Name: ardiem
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony Awards Simulcast Event Will Be Held in Damrosch Park with Live Performances
 May 10 2024, 06:50:32 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Are ticket reservations not available yet or is this just glitching for my Amex account?"

It doesn't seem to be working on my end either.

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions
 May 6 2024, 05:34:05 PM

spicemonkey said: "steve.sometime said: "Given the recent trend of getting all Pulitzer winners to Broadway, do you think this will transfer? For those who have seen it, will it work on a larger stage?"

I hope it does transfer.
Also would love to see a Bway production of Fairview
"

I would love to see Fairview brought back to a local stage, but I have trouble imagining how it could work or remain as impactful in a Br

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 2 2024, 03:49:25 PM

[edit] delete

The Official TDF Thread
 May 2 2024, 02:32:48 PM

The Notebook just popped up this afternoon (along with more availability for Illinoise)

APPROPRIATE Reviews
 Apr 20 2024, 11:53:12 PM

I saw the Belasco transfer tonight and was kind of shocked at how much sound from outside bled through into the theater. I can't even count the number of times I heard Empire State of Mind blaring and overpowering the non-amplified sound from the stage.

STEREOPHONIC Previews
 Apr 16 2024, 01:19:03 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "This was a VERY vocal and reactive audience tonight, more-so than the previous three times I've seen the show. I have to think reviews on Friday will just be unanimous raves, nothing else will make sense to me for this one."

I was at last night's show too! I found myself a bit annoyed at the audience for laughing so much at tense moments, especially in Act IV (not to mention there was a constant beeping noise coming from the audience ev

STEREOPHONIC Previews
 Apr 16 2024, 01:14:15 PM

TamzBway said: "I was just looking at those on Today Tix. Would you/others recommend these 'partial view' seats in G/H of the orch, or would you recommend the back row of the orch (also pretty well-priced)? I know not to sit in the first bunch of rows but not sure if G/H is included in that. TIA for any advice, all! :)"

I sat in row G, house right (three seats from the aisle) last night. I did miss a lot of the drummer downstage, and several scenes where char

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 15 2024, 01:55:12 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I do think one metric for "mixed" is being able to pull quotes. "THRILLING. SUPERIOR BELTING" (NYT) is better than what a lot of shows have to work with."

"often feels incredible" - NEW YORK TIMES

Funniest/Funnest Broadway (or Off) Musical Right Now?
 Mar 27 2024, 11:07:21 AM

Oh, Mary! comes to mind but will probably be difficult to rush for and isn't a musical. In terms of what you can find on TKTS today, I'd recommend Dead Outlaw.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'
 Feb 27 2024, 08:13:03 AM

A friend I saw it with in the front mezzanine a few weeks ago noticed the same whispering/talking. They also seemed to think it came from the catwalk above us where the spotlights are manned. Very annoying.

DOUBT 2024 Previews
 Feb 24 2024, 10:05:27 AM

Musicaldudepeter said: "Can someone describe the set design and how it all works in this production? Thanks"

From what I recall,

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

there are three settings. For the scenes where Father Flynn is preaching, we see an empty, black stage with a few stained glass window panels hanging. The bulk of the

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
 Feb 7 2024, 06:17:26 PM

I created a GIF of an early week to get a sense of which seats are sold and which have been blocked off to add to the illusion of being sold, and it's rough:

https://imgur.com/a/m0iBOfV

Christine Lahti in RUSSIAN TROLL FARM at Vineyard Theatre
 Jan 31 2024, 04:14:28 PM

I saw this last night and couldn't care for it at all. I was also turned off by the bathroom humor and the lack of any kind of humor beyond the basic eyerolling attempts you'd find on a late night show. The characters in the play were somehow both Russian nationals struggling to learn English grammar and American vernacular, yet at the same time spoke like a cliched grabbag of bored American office workers and had "insight" and commentary on domestic American issues that wer

PATRIOTS to open at the Barrymore Theatre for 12 Week Run beginning April 1st, 2024
 Jan 22 2024, 09:51:44 AM

For me, this was the unexpected highlight of the shows I'd seen in London last summer (including Guys & Dolls, Cabaret, and Groundhog Day), and especially relevant given recent history. Looking forward to this!

Harmony word-of-mouth
 Dec 21 2023, 10:59:16 AM

Not just shiny, but from my vantage point it looked filthy, with visible streaks across the stage floor and cluttered with neon tape marks. I'd expect the stage to wear out over time, but this was early in previews.

London production of Guys & Dolls secured NYC location
 Dec 6 2023, 06:40:57 PM

Well, this'll certainly give new meaning to "Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat".

Who knows what's playing ??? No one in Brooklyn.....!!!
 Nov 25 2023, 05:53:36 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/08/theater/musicals-plays-broadway-fall.html?unlocked_article_code=1.BE0.3fop.epSLHJKeoa77&smid=url-share

for starters. You might also want to check this very site you're on.

Buena Vista Social Club at Atlantic Theater Company
 Nov 19 2023, 12:31:51 PM

How was the view from front row center?

Sufjan Stevens & Justin Peck's
 Nov 16 2023, 07:51:44 PM

Looks like this is coming to the Armory: https://www.armoryonpark.org/programs_events/detail/illinoise

HARMONY previews
 Nov 11 2023, 10:54:31 PM

I don't think musikman was critiquing the historical accuracy in the train sequence, but rather the dramatic weight the musical gives it - as if Chip's character reasonably had the foresight to know how the rest of history would pan out (in 1935!) and that he was uniquely capable of altering the course of history, amongst all the other people present on that train.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You