News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Harriet Craig

Harriet Craig Profile Photo
Member Name: Harriet Craig
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Quick London Question: Player Kings (Ian McKellen) or London Tide  Mar 30 2024, 10:39:13 AM

“Short story”? The National Theatre’s website says London Tide is based on Our Mutual Friend. That’s a full-length novel (my copy is more than 800 pages long).

Peter Marks leaving Washington Post  Mar 1 2024, 04:09:31 PM

The WaPo has posted a job opening for a new theater critic:

https://washpost.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/washingtonpostcareers/job/DC-Washington-TWP-Headquarters/Theater-Critic_JR-90274642?

Peter Morgan's PATRIOTS heading to Broadway?  Jan 16 2024, 11:23:36 AM

Will Keen, who played Putin in the London production of Patriots, will be Iago in a production of Othello in the Royal Shakespeare Company’s just announced 2024/2025 season (no specific dates yet, just that it will be sometime in the October 2024-March 2025 season). That unfortunately makes it look like he might not be available to do Patriots on Broadway.

Favorite Solo Shows?  Nov 4 2023, 05:20:36 PM

Full Gallop (Mary Louise Wilson as Diana Vreeland)

Michael Gambon on stage  Sep 28 2023, 05:50:02 PM

I saw him in what I think were his only two stage appearances in New York:  Skylight on Broadway in 1996 and All That Fall (Beckett), with Eileen Atkins, at 59E59 in 2013. Also saw him in The Unexpected Man (Yasmina Reza), also with Eileen Atkins, in London in 1998. (Alan Bates and Eileen Atkins were the cast when The Unexpected Man played at the Promenade off-Broadway in 2000; I’m still kicking myself for having missed that.)

London Recommendations  Aug 14 2023, 07:25:42 PM

C4b2a3b said: "Thank you all so much for your recommendations!

I got tickets to Operation Mincemeat. I think we'll also get tickets to Guys and Dolls and Cabaret.

Seating question for G&D: We're planning to sit in the stalls. Since I don't know how to post a picture of the seats available, should I get tickets where the band will be to our right? Or the opposite side where the band will be to our left? Also there are tickets directly across the b

Primary Trust - Roundabout  Jun 2 2023, 09:40:38 AM

There’s a rave review from Charles Isherwood in today’s Wall Street Journal. It’s behind a paywall, but this will give you an idea:  “Ms. Booth’s writing has a clarity, simplicity and bloom that are increasingly rare in contemporary plays … thanks to the humanity that suffuses the entire production, there isn’t a trace of the artifice that could tip the play into saccharine territory. It’s a moving story, clearly and effectively told, only

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway  Apr 11 2023, 11:51:32 PM

SusaninBaltimore said: "Will someone please confirm after or during the show tonight that Jordan Donica has indeed returned?"

Jordan Donica was in the show tonight.

Icke's THE DOCTOR Starring Juliet Stephenson at the Park Avenue Armory  Apr 11 2023, 03:31:24 PM

Thank you, Taffy! I just did the same thing (called the box office and had them reassign my seat over the phone). Much better than letting them decide where I would want to be relocated.

MERRILY will transfer next fall!  Apr 4 2023, 09:39:18 AM

dramamama611 said: "Looks like no shortage of peeps willing to pay though!

Yikes, even my crappy seats (rear mezz) are now 50 bucks more expensive.
"

And mine (rear orchestra) is $100 more expensive ($299 instead of the $199 I paid)!

MERRILY will transfer next fall!  Mar 26 2023, 09:38:13 AM

bear88 said: "Not sure what the fees are, as that seems to have fluctuated.”

I find it curious that they now seem to be baking the “service fee” into the face price of the ticket. When I bought my ticket last week, the face price was shown as $199. In addition, I paid a “service fee” of $19 and an “order processing fee” of $3, making my total cost $221. I took a quick look at the website just now, and the face price of seats

ART's The Wife of Willesden  Mar 4 2023, 09:22:19 PM

Also at BAM, April 1-16.

New West End GUYS AND DOLLS  Mar 3 2023, 11:44:54 PM

I’m confused by Jordan’s statement that “The entire stalls is the immersive bit”. It’s late at night, and I’m probably just being dense, but on the Bridge’s website, it shows “Immersive tickets — standing stage area” as one option, and then it lists three separate options for seated tickets:  Stalls, Gallery 1, and Gallery 2. From the photo on the website, it looks like Stalls is on the same level as the “immersive”

Michael Feingold has died at 77: Village Voice critic, OBIE chair, translator, scholar, and playwright  Nov 22 2022, 08:37:40 AM

I always thought he was the best theater critic in New York, for his vast knowledge of theater history and the way he seamlessly wove it into his reviews of a current production (but in a non-show-offy way, unlike some critics whose idea of providing historical context is to list all the previous productions of the play they’re reviewing they have seen).

His review of the 2018 production of Three Tall Women was especially brilliant:

https://www.villagevoice.com/2018/04/05/glenda-jackson-stands-tallest-among-edward-albees-three-tall-women/

Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023  Nov 12 2022, 10:31:06 AM

Keiichi2 said: "Does anyone know what time on Sunday tickets go on sale to the public? Telecharge and the show's website don't say, and wondering how I can find out."

Tickets appear to be on sale to the public now, on Telecharge’s website. LCT’s website still says tickets go on sale to non-members on November 13, but if you bypass LCT’s website and go directly to Telecharge, it looks like anyone can buy a ticket. I can’t guarantee that

MTC’s 22-23 Season, incl. Bway transfer of Pulitzer-winner COST OF LIVING  Aug 15 2022, 06:03:05 PM

I find it very odd that only two shows have been announced for the Friedman so far, and both are in the fall of 2022 (with The Collaboration probably continuing into early 2023). It looks like there’s an open slot at the Friedman in spring 2023, and yet they’re obviously not planning to put King James in that slot because it doesn’t start previews at Stage I until May. Is there something else they’re still trying to nail down for the last Friedman slot in spring 2023?<

Park Avenue Armory Hamlet/Oresteia schedule changes  Aug 7 2022, 12:20:41 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Saw this yesterday, and it only ran 3:20. To anyone who's seen it: how does act 1 end? Yesterday, after Claudius runs out of the play, a stagehand came out and told the audience that they were taking a 15-minute pause. At the time, I thought it was part of the production, but seeing how short it ran, I was wondering if there was a technical problem that I didn't realize resulted in something being omitted. Also, I noticed a pic in the NYT review with Ham

The Oresteia  Jul 28 2022, 09:16:17 AM

There’s a map on the Armory’s website showing where the different zones are:

https://armoryonpark.org/images/content_images/22.04.14_Hamlet_Oresteia_Map_Web.png

If that link doesn’t work, I’ll try to summarize. Zone B is Rows R through U, center section and all but the last four seats in each of the side sections. Also Rows P and Q, the fifth and eighth seats in each of the side sections.

It annoys me that the Armory won’t let you select your seats when you order tickets. When I ordered a ticket in Zone A for Hamlet, it kept offering me a seat at the far end of Row A or B instead of one in the center section of Row N, which I would have preferred. They must use an algorithm that assumes closer is better than farther away, but a front-row seat way off to the side would never be my first choice. 

Jim Parsons to Star in Off-Broadway Revival of A Man of No Importance  Jul 19 2022, 04:06:10 PM

Tickets go on sale to the public on August 4, according to an email I just received from CSC.

Ralph Fiennes to Star in STRAIGHT LINE CRAZY This Fall at The Shed  Jun 28 2022, 08:30:51 AM

From the Shed’s website:

Shed Maker and Builder members will have presale access to tickets on June 28, followed by Shed Movers on June 29. Tickets will be available to the public on June 30.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You