News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayMan5

Member Name: BroadwayMan5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Finding Neverland Question  Jul 26 2019, 01:59:51 AM

does anyone know why Finding Neverland is not available for licensing or even announced by a licensing company? Is it because of Harvey Weinstein's involvement or another reason? I know it wasn't a great show but it seem surprising given it had a decent run on Broadway and on tour. Just curious.

Is Tootsie Closing Next?  Jul 20 2019, 02:02:02 AM

I was at Tootsie tonight and the orchestra was full, maybe just a small handful of empty seats at most. I did not see the mezz.

i enjoyed the show (the book more than the score as everyone says) and the crowd seemed to be having a great time. Santino was awesome.

Loving the musical while indifferent to the score  May 9 2019, 06:32:49 PM
I loved Groundhog Day and Come From Away when I saw them, but I never listen to those shows aside from 1 or 2 songs. Didn't hate either score but "indifferent" is a good word.
Podcasts  Apr 18 2019, 11:34:21 AM

Behind the Curtain is my favorite and it has a ton of episodes at this point. If you want anger/cringe factor, listen to Broadway Binge where two "woke" millennials basically trash classic musicals with very little understanding of the musicals themselves.

ANASTASIA Sets March 31st Closing Date  Feb 5 2019, 10:13:57 PM

I thought it was a decent show and it had a great run, breaking out early in a crowded season. It will surely be a huge hit in the regional/amateur/high school arena when licensing is available.

Great Numbers in Mediocre/ Bad Shows  Dec 2 2018, 07:26:35 PM

"Nobody" from BANDSTAND

"Almost Like Being in Love" from BRIGADOON (Sorry...)

"I Decided to Marry You" from GENTLEMEN'S GUIDE

"Find Your Grail" from SPAMALOT

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND CLOSING JANUARY  Nov 27 2018, 09:33:21 PM

Sad but not surprising. Thankful I got to see this beautiful and moving production.

MTI School Edition???  Nov 22 2018, 09:53:45 AM

This kind of thing is the least of MTI's concerns and you aren't even sure of his age so leave it alone.

Musicals that should no longer be performed (or at least updated)  Nov 5 2018, 07:09:58 PM

I think some musicals are dated in the sense that they just aren't that enjoyable anymore (and probably weren't great to begin with) but I'm so tired of people putting 2018 eyes on works from the 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. If you don't want to see or be in a show from that era then don't. There are plenty of shows that may have a "troubling" element from their time period but they are too good overall to be ignored or rejected.

Best Opening Number (In Your Opinion) Since 1997?  Oct 29 2018, 09:36:04 PM

Ragtime
The Lion King
Pippin (2013 revival)
Something Rotten

Drama Book Shop closing next year  Oct 24 2018, 09:14:30 PM

I am devastated to hear this. I really hope they can figure something out or re-open still in the theatre district. I've feared this news for a long time. I almost always buy something when I visit there even when I don't need to just to support everything that shop represents for bookstores, independent businesses, and theater.

After 25 Years, The Curtain Closes On "Theatre Talk"  Sep 16 2018, 10:05:49 PM

I'm really sad about this. I especially enjoyed the fall/spring previews and Tony predictions editions with the array of critics

DEH Stage Door  Sep 11 2018, 10:28:03 PM

Yes haha, of course we are seeing the show

DEH Stage Door  Sep 11 2018, 06:59:34 PM

Thank you everyone. If anyone else can give some info on particular actors, that would be great. 

This is a group of high school students & I fully expect them to behave well. If they don't, that will not be tolerated by me! A few are big DEH fans and wanted to do the stage door so I thought I would look into it. The idea of splitting into two groups is a good one!

DEH Stage Door  Sep 10 2018, 11:35:16 PM

I'm bringing a group of students to Dear Evan Hansen in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me how the stage door is these days? Who comes out on a regular basis? Thanks!!

The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions  Sep 6 2018, 06:03:07 PM

ACL2006 said: "The Shubert will be available, but the likelihood of something moving in there in time for the Tony cut-off seems unlikely(Mockingbird closes March 17)."

Is that confirmed? I know that's all it's on sale for now but is it possible/likely it will extend?

Broadway Shows Closing  Aug 21 2018, 11:21:26 PM

Adescalzo14 said: "BroadwayMan5 said: "By January: Head Over Heels, Gettin' the Band Back Together, Summer, Once on this Island, Beautiful, Kinky Boots

Within the next year: Waitress, Anastasia, maybe Pretty Woman
"

Summer just got extended to next August, and is Kinky boots really closing? or do you think it will close?

"

Those are my guesses, not any sort of insider knowledge

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/19/18  Aug 21 2018, 09:50:10 AM

blaxx said: "BroadwayMan5 said: "blaxx said: "Stage Door Sally said: "I think the Band's Visit's attendance is hurt by Tony Shalhoub dropping out."

Lol, no one knows who that is, love.
"

That's not true. When I was posting on social media about going to see the show in July, friends of mine(not the major theatre buffs)asked me if "Monk" was there or how "Monk" was in the show
"

Broadway Shows Closing  Aug 21 2018, 09:48:00 AM

By January: Head Over Heels, Gettin' the Band Back Together, Summer, Once on this Island, Beautiful, Kinky Boots

Within the next year: Waitress, Anastasia, maybe Pretty Woman

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/19/18  Aug 20 2018, 11:26:53 PM

blaxx said: "Stage Door Sally said: "I think the Band's Visit's attendance is hurt by Tony Shalhoub dropping out."

Lol, no one knows who that is, love.
"

That's not true. When I was posting on social media about going to see the show in July, friends of mine (not the major theatre buffs) asked me if "Monk" was there or how "Monk" was in the show

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You