News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SweeneySchism

SweeneySchism Profile Photo
Member Name: SweeneySchism
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Buying tickets to a show its opening week?
 Jan 8 2010, 07:20:05 PM
I was in the process of planning a trip to New York to see the Tim Burton exhibit at the MoMA when I heard about American Idiot coming to Broadway. Unfortunately, these two events only have a 6 day overlap. How hard is it to buy tickets to a show on its opening week?
re: What are your top three worst shows ever (that everyone else seemed to
 Aug 15 2008, 07:57:47 PM
My Fair Lady (I really wanted to like it... I did. Maybe it was just the cast I saw...)
Light in the Piazza (also ducks for cover xD)
Mamma Mia (do I have to explain?)

There's more... but these I thought of especially :P

re: IF you had to steal ONE THING from a Broadway show...
 Jul 25 2008, 09:51:43 PM
DEFINITELY Rod from Avenue Q or Audrey II from Little Shop :)
re: What qualified Paul Canaan to be a judge on Legally Blonde
 Jul 22 2008, 04:21:02 PM
Because... He's a "HIT!"

XD

re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
 Jul 14 2008, 11:12:00 PM
In my opinion, I think they should have eliminated Rhiannon tonight and left Lauren for the beginning of next episode. Rhiannon should have been long gone by now - she can't sing some of these songs for her life XP

I really am interested to see who wins - I could see it happening either way. Who knows what will happen :P

re: Mamma Mia SOundtrack is OUT
 Jul 8 2008, 05:52:44 PM
I've only heard the 30-sec previews on Itunes but I also noticed that Amanda Seyfriend has spastic vibrato. It gets to me sometimes, but otherwise her voice is fine. And I wasn't a fan of Pierce Brosnan's voice... does anyone else agree?

But who am I to judge? :P

re: Ace Of Cakes goes Broadway!!!
 Jul 4 2008, 01:28:38 PM
I was so excited when I saw the Avenue Q cake last night... unfortunately I only tuned in for the end of the show when the cake was already completed (I like to watch the process :P).

Ella - I would definitely pay to go see that xD

re: 2008-2009 Season Playbills
 Jul 3 2008, 08:31:01 AM
That's the best playbill design I've ever seen xD
re: Your Favorite Musical
 Jun 30 2008, 08:31:03 AM
Little Shop of Horrors
Avenue Q
Sweeney Todd
RENT
Spring Awakening

:)

re: Entertainment Weekly's Top Ten Broadway Shows of the Past 25 Years
 Jun 21 2008, 10:43:56 AM
I'm surprised that Avenue Q got #8... and I'm delighted :)

About Wicked - I think it should be placed farther down the list... but I can see why it was placed there.

I don't agree with everyone's comments about the Light in the Piazza. I found it to be very dull and not entertaining at all (though the sets were great).

Broadway in Bryant Park
 Jun 18 2008, 06:39:15 PM
I've never gone to see the Broadway performances they hold in Bryant Park and I'm planning to go in August since I'll be in the area. In general, what is the experience like? I need to determine if it's really worth it to go or not.
re: In the Heights translation?
 Jun 18 2008, 06:16:31 PM
Thank you for all of the translations so far - they make listening to the In the Heights soundtrack so much more enjoyable :)

I know what you mean about your Spanish teacher. I have a lot of Spanish friends that have different heritages and they all pronounce things differently - yes I know, even though I don't speak Spanish I can tell when this happens :P

re: Best/Worst Performance at the Tony's?
 Jun 16 2008, 08:23:12 AM
Best: Gypsy - the performance just blew me away { not that I was expecting anything less }.

Worst: Not counting the horrible performances from the trio of non-nominated shows - I would have to say Grease

Other notes: I disliked Whoopi as host ... but maybe that's because I already dislike her in general :P But I will give her credit for not being boring and doing better than some of the previous years.

And I realized that i wouldn't like Xanadu... Yes, the performance quality was great but I learned that it's just not my cup of tea... do you get what I'm trying to say? xD

re: Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!
 Jun 15 2008, 04:01:18 PM
Mine says : In a few moments xD

I wonder... ?

re: What Musicals are Left to Be Made into Movies?
 Jun 8 2008, 11:46:27 PM
How I'd love for Avenue Q to become a film - but I know it couldn't transfer to screen well unless some genius came along and could bring it to life *sigh*. And I doubt it would appeal to a wide audience. But I like Malice's ideas for casting :)

I personally would love to see some of Sondheim's works - all of which have already been brought up.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You