News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CateBroadway

CateBroadway Profile Photo
Member Name: CateBroadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Submissions only...better than Smash
 Mar 3 2012, 12:04:14 PM
Have to say, I agree and I know a lot of the community agrees with you as well.
After an exciting debut, Smash gets more and more troubling every episode whereas Submissions Only which began with a fun but modest start, gets better and better with every episode.
Smash makes you realize how hard it is to create compelling television. Submissions Only makes it look easy.

Submissions Only is FANTASTIC
 Dec 30 2011, 09:57:35 PM
Just taking a moment to recognize the great work done on this series since moving to broadwayworld.
If you haven't checked out the most recent episode, you really should. It's one of the best yet. It was such a special treat to see Mary Testa and Jonathan Freeman together again.
Glad to see theater people creating stuff in a league above what most are doing on television.

BWW TV: Prepare Ye - First Look at GODSPELL in Rehearsal!
 Sep 28 2011, 10:15:03 AM
Yikes! This doesn't seem like the best presentation of material but I'll try to refrain from judging it to harshly until I've seen it. It does have a lot of good people in and behind it so I'll hold on to that.
NEWSIES reviews
 Sep 28 2011, 10:13:30 AM
Okay who here votes that best12bars and Trish2 are no longer allowed to write about this until they've actually SEEN THE SHOW?!?

Each of you have written a THESIS on how awful this production is without seeing more than a couple minute clips online.
The critics have spoken and these are probably as good of reviews as any Disney show has ever gotten (yes, including Lion King). And most of them noted that they had low expectations and were overwhelmingly surprised with how much they e

OBC Rusty from Footloose on X- Factor USA
 Sep 23 2011, 09:56:23 AM
Yeowch! She's definitely got some pipes but this clip is kind of a hot mess. She sounds REALLY pitchy. hurts my ears.
Disney finally gets it right - Newsies Preview
 Sep 21 2011, 09:03:28 AM
Y'all need to chill out. This is Newsies! The dancing should be all about athleticism, tumbling and pulling out every stop. The View clip looks like pure fun and it's my guess that in the scheme of things, you're a tiny fringe group of people who didn't enjoy how exciting it is to watch these young boys go for broke and give it all they've got.
In any case, my friends and I just bought tickets and judging by the seating availability, this clip did some good.

The Most Successful 'Original' Musical Ever?
 May 21 2011, 09:56:09 PM
And technically MUSIC MAN is based on a short story. But it was also written by Meredith Wilson so I guess that counts...
 Mar 3 2011, 07:16:42 PM
THe new episode is up! That KC tease at the beginning got me GOOD!
Curt Hansen as GABE in NEXT TO NORMAL
 Jan 22 2011, 09:11:10 AM
Aw I think he did a good job. And those arms. My lord!
Michael Riedel's interesting view of 'Spider-Man' vs. the critics
 Jan 19 2011, 08:27:27 PM
Do we think the reviewers who jump the gun and come during previews will even be invited again once the show is ready to open? The only thing worse than a bad review is a bad review twice
 Jan 17 2011, 08:04:12 PM
Just finished watching the new episode. This keeps getting better and better.
 Dec 8 2010, 02:55:16 PM
Excellent work guys! Even better than the first. I'm in love with this show!
Yorke, Warren, Blaemire to Star in Atlanta Premiere of BRING IT ON: THE MUS
 Nov 19 2010, 11:22:49 AM
Yikes. Someone didn't get the movie. Despite what you may think the film was actually widely adored by audiences and critics alike. It's called satire.
DARREN CRISS - What Broadway Show would you cast him in?
 Nov 11 2010, 10:16:27 AM
Darren's single "Teenage Dream" just became the most popular single in the history of "Glee." For a franchise that has more #1's than The Beatles, this is a pretty big deal. Also, he just got added as a series regular. Like it or not, he is going to be a household name now. University of Michigan is feeling pretty happy to add him to the alumni list.
 Oct 17 2010, 01:50:21 PM
Strongly recommending that you check this out. I'm blown away by the quality of production & acting. But the writing is what's head and shoulders better than any other web series I've seen. GLEE would be smart to scoop up Kate & Andrew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7ZW-FhJPIA

Matt Shingledecker as new Tony alternate?
 Oct 17 2010, 10:54:03 AM
Oh perfect! Thanks Adam
Matt Shingledecker as new Tony alternate?
 Oct 17 2010, 10:30:49 AM
Not surprised at all to see this. It's funny, I've always thought Matt sounds EXACTLY like Jeremy Jordan. Makes total sense that he'd be replacing him. Where's Jeremy going?
Confirmed - James Lapine to Direct ANNIE on Broadway
 Oct 17 2010, 10:27:23 AM
Can we do NY audiences a favor and just cast Jackie Hoffman or Mary Testa and not bring in some movie star. I can see it now. Eva Longoria as Miss Hannigan.
A few comments on PERESTROIKA
 Oct 17 2010, 10:24:51 AM
So glad to hear good things about Christian. I'm dying to see what he does with this!
"Submissions Only" new Bway series
 Oct 10 2010, 02:30:31 PM
Thoughts? Looks like it'll be pretty funny. Certainly the most professional looking of any Bway themed webseries. And been a fan of Kate Wetherhead dating back to "Spelling Bee" days and AKB dating back to well, the dawn of youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD93VlKc6lg

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You