News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TDavis09

TDavis09 Profile Photo
Member Name: TDavis09
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wopat, Babatundé and Chamberlin to Return to Broadway's Chicago
 Jul 20 2008, 12:37:23 AM
I saw Wopat 4 times while he was touring with Michelle Dejean (current B-way Roxie) and found him to be the weakest of the 3 leads. His performance struck me as flat. He's talented, no doubt, but I didn't enjoy this particular Billy.

But Michelle on the other hand is breathtaking as Roxie.

re: Yahoo!'s Top 25 Movie Musicals
 Jul 20 2008, 12:35:12 AM
The Wizard of Oz is a good movie I just don't understand it's appeal. It's fun to watch but after you watch it I don't think it leaves you satisfied. Which is probably why I found Wicked so enjoyable. Finally satisfied.
Yahoo!'s Top 25 Movie Musicals
 Jul 20 2008, 12:27:08 AM
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20164491,00.html

Any thoughts? Hairspray above Chicago? I don't know...

re: My enjoyment of...was ruined by the fans
 Jul 20 2008, 12:02:07 AM
The first, third, and fourth I feel are. Talking in the middle of a performance and checking your phone every 15 minutes are distracting. I mean, it's not singing along or anything but it's usually the little things that are the most distracting. Like when you see that one sequine fall during Chicago far before Razzle Dazzle and you miss about 30 seconds of the show just because you follow it to the ground.
re: Spring Awakening Virtual Rush
 Jul 19 2008, 11:54:33 PM
Do they advertise rushing in person in the same area that they advertise the online rush? If not, it would seem pretty cool to me if I didn't know about rushing and found out I could get great tickets for less than half price if I waited would seem pretty appealing.
re: Wicked seating question...
 Jul 19 2008, 11:37:46 PM
Well if you can walk me through how to post a picture I can give you a pic of my seat when I sat in the loge. It's at the front of the mezzanine all the way to stage-left, but it might give you an idea of the distance.
re: My enjoyment of...was ruined by the fans
 Jul 19 2008, 11:33:44 PM
Mamma Mia - Standing row and the couple next to me seemed to have troubles understanding English, so when they got bored they would just talk.

Wicked - Could have been the actors or the audience, but when no one laughs but you, you just feel stupid.

Jesus Christ Superstar - The tour with Ted Neeley. I mean, the man's old but I still enjoyed it except for the lady next to me kept texting on her phone. I just glared at her thinking that she would get it, but she kept going. After

re: Gypsy 7/19 Matinee - FLYING PLATES MISHAP
 Jul 19 2008, 11:22:39 PM
The stage is pretty high. I'm 6' and I was sitting in row A (front row on the side). The tickets were marked partial view and I'm guessing that's why. If I was one inch higher I would have been level with the stage, but my view wasn't obstructed in the least. I arrived at 9:30 when the box opened at 10 and got two tickets for the matinee in Row A seats 2-4. First two seats on the aisle. I wouldn't want to sit past the fourth seat in though, good luck seeing anything from those (I sat down there
re: Irritating Theatregoers
 Jul 14 2008, 01:53:52 AM
Aw I see. Ha ha, I hate the search function of this board, so useless sometimes.

Sorry!

Thanks love.

Irritating Theatregoers
 Jul 14 2008, 01:20:07 AM
So, how many of you have encountered those people at shows that you just want to punch right in the kidneys? I have had pretty bad luck with young girls at shows (usually at the stage door) that are just catty and the kind you wish would be held underground until they are about 17 or so.

At Little Mermaid, there was this group of girls standing at the stage door, arguing about why people were waiting and why they had barricades up. There were about five of them that believed the actors

re: Mamma Mia SOundtrack is OUT
 Jul 14 2008, 01:14:07 AM
Mind you I haven't seen the movie yet and I'm sure, just like Michelle Pfeiffer, it's even worse seeing her sing than it is to listen to it (in my opinion), but given how he talks what do you want him to sound like?
re: 9 Xanadu Muses
 Jul 14 2008, 01:12:16 AM
Oh okay this is probably why I didn't get it. I was sitting in the two farthest seats house-left and I couldn't see any of the band, much less that part of the stage. I probably wasn't listening to that part because I could visually attach to it. Thank you so much for clarifying this for me!
9 Xanadu Muses
 Jul 14 2008, 12:40:09 AM
Quick question: Do they claim that there are nine muses in Xanadu? I thought I heard 9 but when I counted I found 7.
re: Flops That Got Revivals
 Jul 14 2008, 12:37:53 AM
Not sure but I'm just sitting her waiting for Carrie to be revived. Or at least a CD. Please?
re: GYPSY 7/10 (not really a review)
 Jul 11 2008, 08:08:17 PM
Oh okay, I understand it, thank

And about Boyd, I thought he did a great job however I didn't see anything as spectacular in his performance as I did in Laura's and Rose's. Not saying he didn't deserve the Tony at all, I think that men's roles are oftentimes harder to play because there are really only a few ways that male roles are written nowadays.

re: Legally Blonde overture?
 Jul 11 2008, 07:58:32 PM
Like in Gypsy, you wonder when it's going to end, ha ha.
re: GYPSY 7/10 (not really a review)
 Jul 11 2008, 06:48:02 PM
I absolutely adored Gypsy. I knew nothing about it other than Patti was in it and it's an "American Classic" so I decided if the first wasn't enough the second would seal the deal. So I went and fell in love. Patti is hilarious and Laura Benanti, during her "Let Me Entertain You" sang the second verse (I think) right to me, with eye contact! Ha ha, I was front row, stage-left.

One question, when Patti gets her ovation during the middle of Rose's Turn (which may not always happen), does

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You