News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Colleenya

Colleenya Profile Photo
Member Name: Colleenya
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
 May 20 2009, 06:43:29 PM
Glad to hear this!

My friend worked on the pilot, not at actor, but art department.

He said it looks like a fun, smart show.

re: Legally Blonde in Houston
 Feb 18 2009, 06:57:47 PM
I've seen the show seven (count 'em...seven) times.

Saw Laura Bell twice in NY, and Becky on tour five times.....I loved both ladies, and if I got a chance to see Lauren in the role, I'm sure I'd love her too.

When you LOVE a musical.....you LOVE THAT MUSICAL!

I am old enough to have seen several "classic" musicals.....most with the orginal leading ladies. As much as I love having seen Ethel Merman, Angela Lansbury, and Patty Lupone (to drop a few names...LOL!)I

re: Laura bell bundy january 13th
 Jan 14 2009, 09:46:53 PM
Quite honestly, the only lyrics that I can imagine Laura Bell "flubbing" would be the new "Positive" bit. Besides being new to her, its kind of hard to say anyway!

I'd really love to see her again, but I don't think I'll get a chance to. I'd really love to see Lauren do the role as well.

This touring cast is awesome, and seem to be real team players. As was the Broadway cast.

I know Legally Blonde was not the most important Broadway show EVER...but for pure entertainm

re: Curly McDimple
 Dec 20 2008, 03:56:35 PM
Curley McDimple was produced off-Broadway close to 40 years ago, at The Bert Wheeler Theater. I opened November 22nd, 1967 and closed January 25th, 1970 after 931 performances.

Rather than being about Shirley Temple's life, it was a "Valentine to the 1930's"....gently poking fun at the style of the Shirley Temple films.

Bernadette Peters originated the role of "Alice"....who was the "Alice Faye" type character, pretty, blonde, etc.

A bit of trivia: One of the little

re: Farewell Legally Blonde
 Oct 19 2008, 06:06:13 PM
I will miss this show, it was a great night of ENTERTAINMENT.....which I have always thought a "Broadway Musical" should be.

Break a leg- to all of the cast members- update your websites so we will know where to find you! LOL!

I have tickets for Hartford for the tour, I may sneak up to Boston, and I am also thinking about the L.A. stop too.

I guess I can't get enough.

I CAN get enough "Serious" on CNBC.

I love you "Legally Blonde"!!!

re: Who's seeing Legally Blonde Tour opening night today?
 Oct 3 2008, 06:34:50 AM
Here's another:

http://wjz.com/local/Legally.Blonde.hippodrome.2.830183.html

Legally Blonde the Musical Baltimore Sun review
 Oct 2 2008, 06:28:01 AM
There are no words.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/movies/bal-te.li.blonde02oct02,0,2676914.story

I think she must have seen a different show than I saw.

Sep 28 2008, 06:59:13 PM
I have only been to The Bushnell once, and we were practically on stage for that show.

My seats for LB are row 20, section B, off to the side, but the orchestra section in that theater is nowhere near as large as PPAC.

Sep 28 2008, 07:47:43 AM
I've seen some stagedoor pics from last night, of D.B., Becky, Cortney, and of course Rhiannon and Lauren. Aside from going out the audience doors, the stage door seems to be the only way out for them.

I did not go to the stage door last night, the friend that I went with sort of rolled her eyes when I mentioned it. LOL!!!

So now I am "LB Withdrawal" mode until I see it again in December at The Bushnell.

I wonder if there will be any cast changes by then? Maybe Richa

Sep 27 2008, 12:28:26 PM
Ken Land as Callahan is fine, I didn't like him on night #1, but I was comparing him to Michael Rupert, of course. I liked him more last night, when he seemed to sing the lines in "Blood in the Water" a bit slower. I don't know if that makes sense or not.
Tonight I am taking a friend with me who really has no idea what this show is about, and probably wouldn't go unless I bought the ticket as a birthday present for her. I am going to be interested to see her reaction.
Last night I took

Sep 27 2008, 03:09:07 AM
I saw the show in Providence for the 3rd time tonight....and I am going tomorrow night too. I am guessing that I will be in LB withdrawal by Sunday morning.

Leslie was fine in Stacy's parts, but POOR STACY....get well soon!

Some observations.

Someone, towards the end of Whipped Into Shape tonight, totally stopped jumping rope, and sort of just walked off stage. ???

I am really starting to like D.B. Bonds as Emmett.

Sorry to say this, but I don't like

re: Blonde To Officially Close on October 19th
 Sep 24 2008, 06:03:02 PM
I feel badly that I won't have a chance to see this on Broadway again.
Hate to say it, but Rhiannon and Lauren- coming in third and fourth on the reality show are now the REAL winners- they have jobs!

Sep 22 2008, 07:29:34 PM
Tomorrow night I will pay better attention! I fixated on certain characters and was making comparisons.

If I could talk to Jerry Mitchell and ask that he make ONE change....it would be the opening. To me, they are just running around. I think that a "one story" Delta Nu house would be better than the "running in circles" that is in place now. But that's me.

And I know I don't know how all of this stuff works....

but...

if they can still drop stuff from the "t

Sep 22 2008, 06:27:36 PM
Emmett is D.B Bonds. I didn't like him immediately, but he grew on me as the show went on.
I didn't mention earlier that I thought Alex Ellis was a great Chutney/Kate and Gretchen Burghart was a great Enid.

To be honest, the only performances I wasn't thrilled with (not that they were "bad")were Brooke and Warner. Warner seemed to lack that air of superiority that I am used to seeing. It made me wonder why Elle was so "in love" with him. LOL!
Brooke was a little too "tough"

Sep 22 2008, 07:19:53 AM
I was going to wait till I got home from work tonight to post, I will answer a couple of the questions above now, and then some more later.

"Wait for me!" was a run out from stage right, a cartwheel back to offstage, and a cartwheel back on. Kinda cute.

The opening was a bit of a disappointment to me, I really missed the windows. Elle's entrance is the "store window" pushed onstage behind clothing racks. Not bad.

Standout performances were Becky, of course, that role i

re: Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
 Sep 9 2008, 07:51:50 PM
I really like the "Wait for me!!" thing.

They will keep it, somehow. Right?

Legally Blonde the Musical tour ponderings....
 Sep 9 2008, 07:17:12 PM
YES, I probably do have too much time on my hands....

My confession is that I have tickets for THREE shows the opening week in Providence (anyone interested in mid to rear orchestra on Saturday night or loge on Friday? Two seats available for either/or....for what I paid...I am starting to feel guilty for indulging myself for THREE SHOWS!!!)

Anyway....back to the pondering....

We have heard there is no "window" set for the opening. Any ideas or predictions on how the

re: Legally Tuesday BACKSTAGE at Blonde WITH Bailey, Autumn & someone UH-MA
 Aug 19 2008, 06:59:44 PM
Let me first say that I love Seth Rudetsky!

Maybe I'm naive, but....did he ignore Nina because:

1.)He didn't know her, or what was going on?
or
2.)He knew just what was going on and thought she and Ryan were funnier than him?

There is room in this town for BOTH of you...Oh My God You Guys!

Oops. Not MY town....which is in R.I. and you two are too much for my town!

Love you all!

re: Barn Theaters
 Aug 9 2008, 07:01:05 PM
The Producers is currently playing at this theater, which has been around for about 80 years.
I saw Evita there last week!

www.theaterbythesea.com

re: 'Legally Blonde' national tour, full casting announcement?
 Jul 30 2008, 08:06:14 PM
Natalie Joy Johnson as Paulette... that's great!

Is Ven Daniels going to the tour?

I've heard that Leslie McDonel is also on tour? Another great performer!

Man, they need to announce the entire cast!

For the Legally Blonde "junkies"!!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You