News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rose_Lee

Member Name: Rose_Lee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Things you never realised and now feel dumb about.
 Jul 17 2008, 08:00:04 PM
For a really long time, I didn't realize that Blake Daniel was Gideon Glick's replacement in Spring Awakening. I thought that he played Jonathan B Wright part and that J.B.W. was the replacement, and that Gideon was still on. I feel like an idiot now.
re: The BEST LuPone impersonator...
 Jul 17 2008, 07:23:45 PM
Oh man. I feel like I'm sinning by watching it and enjoying it! It's really funny though.
re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
 Jul 17 2008, 07:22:01 PM
It is so incredibly rude and unfair. When I was in Carousel at NJ PAC, nobody would dare take out there phones. The people seeing our show knew to be respectful. Maybe it was a certain knowledge of and respect for the theater, and the relationship between audience and performer. At broadway shows, so many rude, uncultured people will behave so disrespectfully that it blows my mind!
re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
 Jul 17 2008, 01:33:01 PM
Wow. Poor girl. She deserved it though! How dare someone text in the middle of a Broadway show, yet alone in a show with Patti LuPone?

re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
 Jul 17 2008, 01:29:32 PM
How could you seriously think that girls like Anne Hathaway can handle a vocal part as intense as Elphaba? I honestly think that they will get a lot of crap unless they hire girls who have actually played Elphaba before. Idina would be ideal.
re: If your favorite TV show was turned into a Broadway musical,
 Jul 17 2008, 12:29:50 AM
These are hysterical! I love the castings for 30 Rock and The Office! Haha!
re: I had to share this with you!
 Jul 17 2008, 12:23:15 AM
Follies at a HIGHSCHOOL?

Wow.

re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
 Jul 17 2008, 12:21:34 AM
Sweeney Todd was absolutely brilliant, but I don't think that Burton would ever choose to do Wicked. Among many reasons, it's not dark enough. I don't know how I'd feel about a Wicked movie. It would probably get a lot of crap thrown at it like Rent. It's too popular among a preteen audience.
re: Mamma Mia's Advertising Push...
 Jul 16 2008, 02:45:43 PM
Me too! I'll be talking in the car, the ad (for the show) will come on the radio, and I'll start banging my head against the wheel. Then the commercials for the movie are EVERYWHERE. I'm sick of Mama Mia in general, just because it's following me around everywhere I go.

re: Anyone else LOVE Randy Graff?
 Jul 16 2008, 02:33:07 PM
My parents saw her in Les Miserables and I am so jealous.
I think she is incredible, but have yet to see a live performance by her.

re: Gypsy seating question
 Jul 15 2008, 10:12:35 PM
I did the mezzanine and it was perfect.
re: If I could only pick one show...
 Jul 15 2008, 03:38:10 PM
Definitely, definitely Gypsy. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Patti Lupone, and the show itself is spectacular. Even Patti aside, the rest of the cast is just phenomenal. The performance was breathtaking for me.
 Jul 15 2008, 03:38:02 PM
Definitely, definitely Gypsy. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Patti Lupone, and the show itself is spectacular. Even Patti aside, the rest of the cast is just phenomenal. The performance was breathtaking for me.
 Jul 15 2008, 03:37:59 PM
re: Advice?
 Jul 15 2008, 03:33:46 PM
Thanks! That's a really good idea. I'll see if I can do that.
re: Advice?
 Jul 15 2008, 02:38:36 PM
Thanks for your opinions. Wicked was sold out, not to my great surprise. I was really upset because the only available Hairspray seats weren't great. We called Grams and she said Mama Mia or Gypsy (I saw it with the drama club, but no one else in our family had). I would kill to see Gypsy, but my sister was complaining (8th grade girl...) and wanted to see Mama Mia.To me, Gypsy or Mama Mia is an obvious choice. But, why would we see the better show?

Anyway, at least I'll have the chance

re: My thoughts on [title of show] (long)
 Jul 15 2008, 02:32:31 PM
I really appreciate all of these honest opinions, because I was extremely curious about this show. I basically knew the summary that was on the website (which is rather vague). Now I'm probably going to see In The Heights instead.
re: I honestly think the best Sondheim score ever is
 Jul 15 2008, 02:27:04 PM
It's such a difficult choice to make, but I personally would say it's a tie between Sweeny Todd and Follies. The scores are breathtaking and flawless.
re: Britney Spears As Sandy
 Jul 15 2008, 02:24:55 PM
First, Grease casted it's leads off of a television show. Next, they hire Taylor Hicks to bring even more publicity.

Britney Spears?! Even as a dog in Annie, it would be a disgrace.

re: Harry Potter the Musical?
 Jul 14 2008, 04:40:23 PM
Oh, Sweet Jesus...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You