News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thtrehead12

thtrehead12 Profile Photo
Member Name: thtrehead12
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: My audition's in two hours...eep!!!!!
 Jan 8 2005, 02:22:28 PM
what are you doing without backup headshots? you should always have more than one headshot/resume ready for anything.
re: Height
 Jul 25 2004, 03:17:59 AM
4 11...still learning to accept it.

sara gettlefinger is muy awesome and down to earth.

re: The Next Diva of Broadway is... Donna Murphy
 Jul 24 2004, 12:24:58 AM
she's very well rounded. she could flip flop between broadway to movie star overnight and no one could tell the difference.

she was also in spider man. she played doc oct's wife.

re: BABY the musical
 Jul 22 2004, 12:39:29 AM
it's headed off to broadway sometime soon. got wonderful reviews.
re: Wicked tonight-review
 Jul 21 2004, 01:48:22 AM
zoran, my userpic is me.
re: 'you' the musical
 Jul 21 2004, 01:16:04 AM
-"song of me"-starting here, starting now

-"in my life"-les mis

-"climbing uphill"-the last 5 years

-"home"-beauty and the beast

-"today is the first day of the rest of my life"-starting
here, starting now
-"you are my home"-scarlet pimpernel

-"strongest suit"-aida

re: Wicked tonight-review
 Jul 21 2004, 01:05:46 AM
Joey-he has a good voice. He needs to work on the acting but it will all come together with more time. He can sing really well. I was surprised by that as well. I have never seen him perform before.

i have faith in the boy. he did the filmed version of "the fantasticks" a couple of years ago and although he over-stylized some of the songs, his voice was decent.

re: For those knowledgable about voice...a problem
 Jul 20 2004, 07:16:06 PM
you have nodes! haha just joking.

they're right.

re: paying to see shows
 Jul 20 2004, 01:57:41 AM
aspiringguy-you can get student tickets even if you're in high school. i've used my high school i.d. many times in the past.
re: Worst stunt-casting ever?
 Jul 20 2004, 01:46:15 AM
hey now, i saw a clip of joey fatone in little shop and he actually sounded good!

now, now, now...

christy carlson romano-belle (i'm just jealous)

ricky martin-never had i seen or heard a marius with a spanish accent. he needs to stick to shaking his bon-bon elsewhere.

ANY of the new aida's. is the show a pop concert or a broadway musical?

re: Musical Theatre schools
 Jul 20 2004, 01:40:41 AM
good luck!
re: christy carlson romano
 Jul 20 2004, 01:38:39 AM
geeez, i was uber jealous to hear about romano and her score with belle. she has a rather impressive resume and i hate to admit it but her speaking voice is so clear and gorgeous...but i've heard nothing but bad reviews of her.

for those who have seen it, give me details! did she ruin "home?"

Jul 20 2004, 01:35:06 AM
Yes, right from the horses mouth I discussed this right now with a current CCM student.
4 first-years were cut this year, and he said it has nothing to do with grades and everything to do with growth and attitude.

yikes! musical theatre students, i suppose? i know one was cut from the drama dept this year, but i think there was more to the reason than lack of progression.

by the way, where exactly are you going to go?

Jul 20 2004, 01:27:16 AM
oooh, now i know. sorry, paul.

anyway, i thought that you had argued that one doesn't need any college training to be successful in theatre. translation: you can't fly to new york one day and expect a job because you have intense "passion," yet no training.

Jul 20 2004, 01:23:41 AM
I, personally, just do not agree with a cut system.
I only applied to four institutions, CCM, CMU, BoCo, and U of M and was accepted into all four, so my list was not jeopardized =)
I personally feel that when an institution goes through the process of auditioning you and even moreso accepting you, that they see that "something there" in your performing that makes you unique and gives off that special quality about you as a performer and they think "Yes, I want that person in my dep

Jul 20 2004, 01:18:14 AM
Your last sentance doesn't even make sense.
What I'm saying is that you don't have to go to college and get a BFA in Musical Theatre to be successful and land jobs.
You can learn/experience dedication, "profesionalism", and work with your passion in other forms and mediums as opposed to your theatrical work alone.

as a matter of fact, my last sentence does make sense. boards refers to the board of a department reviewing students' performances, and that is determines w

Jul 20 2004, 01:09:11 AM
Except, at CCM they let you know that by cutting you too.
Brutal!

along with many other schools. and being cut requires one to have no progress in their classes and a D in a class.

if you are turned off by boards, then you have definately removed several prestigious theatre/musical theatre schools off of your list.

Jul 20 2004, 01:03:36 AM
Dedication and proffesionalism are things you should hopefully already have. If a school has to teach you those things, then I think that's a very late start.

maybe so with dedication, but that is a muscle to flex. theatre is also a business. without professionalism, you're in line with hundreds of other hopefuls. professionalism is defiantely not something all performers know after graduating high school. college graduates definately have an upper hand in this industry. are

Jul 20 2004, 12:55:16 AM
A good hanful of Broadway's leading actors and actresses never went to college for their "BFA" in Musical Theatre, which just goes to show it's what you put in and your passion---not what a school could "do" for you.

well, that's true. but casting directors and agents are looking for dedication and professionalism. that's where training comes in. passion alone can't always score the jobs.

Jul 20 2004, 12:46:39 AM
lauren kennedy-south pacific at royal national theatre in london, along with a handful of other shows around the u.s. origniated the role of kathy in "the last five years." AMAZING SHOW.

justin bohon-he's been on broadway's miss saigon, south pacific. and helloooo! will parker in oklahoma.

shoshana bean-did godspell off-broadway.

Randy Harrison-three words: queer as folk.

Faith Prince-has been on several original cast recordings of musicals.

not t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You