News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for QuiteSo

QuiteSo Profile Photo
Member Name: QuiteSo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Trip advice - Memphis rush?
 Jan 29 2011, 06:43:29 PM
Thanks everyone, very much appreciated.
Trip advice - Memphis rush?
 Jan 29 2011, 12:19:03 AM
Hey folks, I'm bumping this even though it's only been a week since the original posting. I'm thinking about checking out the show next Wednesday night but probably wouldn't be able to get to the theater to buy tickets until about 6:20pm (after work). Would any rush be available that close to curtain on a weeknight? If no, does anyone know of any shows where it might be easier to snag a ticket that late? Many thanks in advance.
The Harold Prince Theatre?
 Jan 26 2011, 01:57:06 PM
What about Fosse?

ARCADIA @ the Barrymore
 Dec 29 2010, 02:41:07 PM
Completely awesome cast in a great play! I am so there.
Show Rushes/Lottos Lately...?
 Dec 17 2010, 07:37:38 PM
There were at least 40-50 people at the BBAJ lottery this past Monday night, but they offered a lotto loser discount of $36.50 for seats in the mezzanine (which is none too shabby).
Great Flop Scores
 Dec 1 2010, 07:40:53 PM
Merrily We Roll Along!
FOLLIES at the Kennedy Center to feature some new material?
 Dec 1 2010, 11:50:45 AM
I was at Sondheim/Kushner on Monday evening, and he didn't say that there would be new material, exactly. He said that every production of Follies has not been the same as the one that has preceded it, and that the Washington production would be revised. I take that to mean they'll be working with the already existing material from the previous productions. That said, it would be WONDERFUL to get any new work from the man. :)
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Nov 23 2010, 01:34:22 PM
Thought this was worth resurrecting the thread - it claims it's clips of a high school production of The Wiz, but the content makes it completely unrecognizable (namely the BRITNEY SPEARS MEGAMIX). Yeesh.

Edit: It apparently didn't come through the first time - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPX1YmRrBEk

Recent Star Sightings
 Nov 12 2010, 09:18:29 PM
Christine Baranski was at Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown on Saturday night.
Could SOUTH PACIFIC have run for much longer than it did?
 Aug 22 2010, 02:42:01 PM
I think we should just be grateful for its long run in the first place - it initially wasn't an open-ended run but was so well-received it extended over a year longer than it was intended to be on for. A remarkable achievement and a truly dazzling show.
Jennifer Hope Wills and John Cudia to exit PHANTOM September 4
 Aug 17 2010, 12:32:57 PM
Panaro's great! One of my favorites in the role, glad to see him come back to back Broadway after the Lestat debacle.
Jackie Hoffman's Video Blog
 Aug 5 2010, 01:22:50 AM
Yep, got to it before I did on Dave.

As to WHY he was doing it...guess he's not into the video blog.

La Cage London?
 Aug 4 2010, 02:27:34 PM
Edited! A friend of mine just saw Priscilla at the Palace, I guess I couldn't get the big shoe out of my head.
La Cage London?
 Aug 4 2010, 02:12:26 PM
I've yet to see the production on Broadway, I saw it at the Playhouse in London a few days before it closed - however, even from the promotional pictures I can tell that Zaza's received some more recognizable costumes for the American crowd. During "With Anne On My Arm," instead of the flowered dress he wore in London, he now has the Dorothy-Wizard of Oz gingham get-up, and I don't recall his wearing a full-on Marilyn Monroe/Gentlemen Prefer Blondes costume in London. Also my friend, who saw bot
In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
 Aug 1 2010, 01:54:23 PM
Just bumping this - can anyone give a recent lotto report please? :)
Weird things you've said to Broadway stars
 Jul 28 2010, 02:05:03 AM
I've got a Patti one, too. After seeing Sweeney Todd, she came over and, as she was signing, I blurted out "I love you! You made Mrs. Lovett so sexy!"...which was surprising to me because I hadn't really thought that on a conscious level until that moment.

Thankfully, she grinned and said "THANK YOU!" in her characteristically-Patti way - with a laugh, of course.

When does Ben Brantley get back from London?
 Jul 27 2010, 09:26:38 PM
I'll take Brantley over Isherwood any day. Taste comes into question when Million Dollar Quartet gets a better review than Lend Me A Tenor.
Leap of Faith = Music Man?
 Jul 24 2010, 02:16:12 PM
Sondheim put it best: "Musical comedies aren't written, they're rewritten."
HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS... Starring Radcliffe to Play Al Hirschfeld Thea
 Jul 12 2010, 10:57:16 PM
He's not in awesome voice here, but it shows off his charm and sense of humor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2vqAcINtqM

I'm impressed that he wrote the song and am looking forward to him in H2$.

Hunter v Tony
 Jun 19 2010, 10:48:24 PM
Donna Lynne Champlin's in the group, too. She was last on Broadway as Pirelli in the 2005 Sweeney Todd revival. She posted in one of the discussion forums, and it was at least the kind of coherent argument that would have made Mr. Foster and Ms. Cody seem a little less bitter: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/topic.php?uid=102274489824156&topic=7.

I'm a little sad that she's joined the bandwagon for calling the telecast a disaster (I personally didn't think it was any worse than last year, and that the show made a mediocre Broadway season seem a little more palatable), but she at least was more classy with her comments.

I just want to know where Hunter's Facebook group was as the creative awards were pushed more and more to the wayside. Or if they realize that there are bigger causes to support in this day and age (like, I don't know, gay marriage for instance?). I've lost a lot of respect for the performers that have used this to vent their bitter, petty thoughts.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You