News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wickedkiwi

wickedkiwi Profile Photo
Member Name: wickedkiwi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: college audition rejections  Jul 2 2008, 04:15:27 PM
i completely forgot i'd posted this message...

so it's been a couple of years since i made my original post, and i'd just like to mention that after two not-so-miserable years studying at a regular liberal arts school, i ended up reapplying to NYU and got in!! I'm currently pursuing a BFA in theatre. i didn't get into CAP, but i'm guessing this has more to do with me saying "i'd rather not go into CAP because i want to focus on my acting" at the audition than anything else LOL. maybe i

"In My Life" Sampler CD  Dec 4 2007, 09:33:33 PM
ok so i just found the sampler CD for "In My Life" hanging out in an old box, and i was wondering if anyone knew who sings any of the four tracks? I know, call me ignorant, but i can't find this info anywhere online and I never got a chance to see the show or hear much about it.

any help would be appreciated, thnx!

re: I feel like the most ignorant Broadway fan ever.  Jun 15 2007, 07:35:16 PM
wait, being bouvier ISN'T in the OBCR??

i've been listening to the wrong album! f**k!

re: character songs for men  Apr 3 2007, 11:13:26 PM
off the top of my head...

upbeat:
you're the top - anything goes
deelovely - anything goes
consider yourself - oliver
the kite - you're a good man charlie brown
that face - producers
bonnie jean - brigadoon
brush up your shakespeare - kiss me, kate
i can do that - chorus line
i'm not that smart - spelling bee

ballad:
alone in the universe - seussical
not while i'm around - sweeney todd

re: character songs for men  Apr 3 2007, 11:13:00 PM
off the top of my head...

upbeat:
you're the top - anything goes
deelovely - anything goes
consider yourself - oliver
the kite - you're a good man charlie brown
that face - producers
bonnie jean - brigadoon
brush up your shakespeare - kiss me, kate
i can do that - chorus line
i'm not that smart - spelling bee

ballad:
alone in the universe - seussical
not while i'm around - sweeney todd

character songs for men  Apr 3 2007, 11:01:35 PM
i searched around and couldn't find a post for this - sorry if i'm mistaken.

I'm searching for character songs for a young (teen) actor. He's on the shorter side, probably 5'3 or 4, and hispanic. strong comedian, especially physical comedy. He needs a ballad and an uptempo for an upcoming audition.

we might as well compile male character songs for future reference.

re: Chava Monologue?  Jan 6 2007, 03:57:37 PM
Yea I looked up the film script and that's what I came up with too...

Thanks!

re: Good/Bad Casting Game  Jan 6 2007, 03:44:15 PM
Fantine:

G: Lea Salonga
B: Daphne Rubin Vega

there! I said it!

Chava Monologue?  Jan 6 2007, 03:42:42 PM
Ok, and this is me going WAYYY back in time to when I last saw the show (ie. the revival, but i've got terrible memory): does Chava have a monologue towards the end of Fiddler on the Roof? I remember the staging of it, for crying out loud, but I can't remember for how long she talks nor what she says. Someone mentioned it to me the other day and it's killing me.

Does anyone knows what she says? Can you even count it as a monologue?

Really random question, but thanks!

mary poppins/grinch rush?  Nov 6 2006, 11:49:20 PM
hey! i did a search on the site but I couldn't find anything:

what's the policy on rush tickets for mary poppins and the grinch? are there student tickets or lotteries avaiable?

thanks!

re: Legit singing on Broadway  Aug 9 2006, 05:37:22 PM
i agree with taboophan there.

i guess the bottom line is that, like in everything, it's all about how well rounded you are: more styles = more musicals = more work for the flexible singer.

however i completely get what the others are saying. i honestly don't think i've ever even heard a bass singer on broadway in the last 6 or so years, and indeed each year the songs just get higher and higher for all singers. And while the styles may be evolving, our voices are not -- I seri

PREVIEW LOTTERIES  Apr 6 2006, 03:14:18 AM
i remember dirty rotten scoundrels being SOOO easy to get into when it was in previews...

anybody seeing the same thing for other shows?
what's really easy to get into?

ps. i'm a student, so i can get past the student rush boundary. (still PO'd at the tarzan thing tho)

re: BEST SHOW OF THE SEASON  Apr 5 2006, 08:03:53 PM
ooo what's three days of rain about?

can i see ring of fire even though i know NOTHING about johnny cash or his music? (dont judge me i'm foreign!)

:)

re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?  Apr 5 2006, 08:01:16 PM
i tend to stay away from the front row because i apparently distract the actors...

during kiss me kate they all recognized me instantly as "the girl who the dancers sweat all over" because i kept wiping their sweat off the whole performance.

and of course, classic - is the time norbert leo butz apologetically stopped er, groping himself when he saw my face of horror..

aka, if you're an impressionable, expressionable ingenue as myself, STAY AWAYYY...

unless it

re: BEST SHOW OF THE SEASON  Apr 5 2006, 07:56:31 PM
i've already seen DDS - LOVED it.

i'd also like to see potential tony wins, just so that i can catch them before they hike up the prices - does that help at all?

hmmm that's good to hear about cindy. see? otherwise i wouldn't find out about these things!

how lovable is lestat's music? i mean i saw aida, and i love elton john's work there...i just dont wanna be dissappointed in that department...

re: BEST SHOW OF THE SEASON  Apr 5 2006, 07:45:28 PM
well i'll definetely look into jersey boys...

as for piazza, well, yea it's last season...but since i haven't had the chance to see it i'm wondering if i should.

ps. i heart cindy lauper but i question her acting ability on the sheer reason that i've never seen her perform. i just wonder whether she can carry a musical?

NEW QUESTION: what's an easy show to get into? lottery/rush-wise?

re: Why I'm becoming perturbed with 'What should I see?'  Apr 5 2006, 07:41:23 PM
as a recent poster of a "what should i see" er...post, i am going to take the opportunity to defend myself with the following:

yea. it sucks. going to see shows is sooo expensive, particularly if oyu dont live in the area and have to fly from far away and pay hotels and etc. i'm usually all for experimenting, to be honest, but i really really REALLY don't want to be dragged into a bad show i have to walk out of. and then i dont want to sit there and be miserable cause i can't walk out

re: Mimi and Joanne  Apr 5 2006, 07:33:13 PM
i saw a tall white girl play joanne about a year or so back on broaway...in the summer i think it was...

she was good, i didn't really expect her to have such a big voice, but she did a great job.

re: BEST SHOW OF THE SEASON  Apr 5 2006, 07:29:15 PM
i've sortof browsed the reviews but i still can't make up my mind....i really neeed someone to just slap me and tell me what to see...

also problem is i gotta do improv ticket buying, so i figured somebody who knows the ropes of the season could guide me through that whole mess...

BEST SHOW OF THE SEASON  Apr 5 2006, 07:23:46 PM
ok so:

apparently, i've been too busy. seriously, i'm TOTALLY out of it. i have NO idea what's on broadway or what's good this season. AAND i'm planning an emergency trip this weekend to fix it.

now, what are the THREE IT SHOWS of the broadway (not off) season? and can i lottery/rush/tkts them? what do i absolutely HAVE TO SEE???

here's a list of questions/options to get us started:
1) lestat features music by elton john, which would make it good. but it features

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You