pixeltracker

What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?

What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#0What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 5:15pm

When I'm looking for tickets I'd like to know which shows have high stages, so I can try to sit further back. The front rows of some shows have been very difficult to see much since they are sooo high, others have been great. For example, front row of Lestat looked bad due to the high stage. Dracula was the same. For Three Days of Rain, you get wet in the front row. How are the other front rows (first few rows) in other theatres now?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#1re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 5:21pm

I saw DRS in the front row and it was fine except for the balcony scenes, which really bothered my neck.

The best was Wicked, the stage is the perfect height.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

MyMeredithMonster Profile Photo
MyMeredithMonster
#2re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 5:24pm

I saw The Lion King in the front row and had a lot of trouble seeing things in the back of the stage. Such as the scene between Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa where they're looking at the stars - I could barely see a thing.

"Yeah, Clarissa, explain it all."

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#3re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 5:30pm

The stage is lowered and farther away in Lestat, there is a big space between the front row seats and the stage.
Hairspray comes to mind as being extremely close and having to look up, but it's not horrible.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#4re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 5:32pm

In My Life at the Music Box was fairly uncomfortable. Anything not entirely on the ground I had to look directly up, and I still had to keep my head up high enough to have neck cramps after.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#5re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 5:49pm

I secondThe Music Box (where Festen is playing). I sat in the front row for In My Life, and it was extremely uncomfortable.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#6re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 7:54pm

Hairspray front row center I am *never* able to see anyone's feet, which is a little weird, but other than that the view is fine. However front row stage right/aud left I can see feet- either the stage is lower, or the seats are higher on that side somehow.

wickedkiwi Profile Photo
wickedkiwi
#7re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 8:01pm

i tend to stay away from the front row because i apparently distract the actors...

during kiss me kate they all recognized me instantly as "the girl who the dancers sweat all over" because i kept wiping their sweat off the whole performance.

and of course, classic - is the time norbert leo butz apologetically stopped er, groping himself when he saw my face of horror..

aka, if you're an impressionable, expressionable ingenue as myself, STAY AWAYYY...

unless its disney - then they love you.

Tenme por lo que soy, por lo que puedo ser, y si te importo hoy, tenme nena, o vete!

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#8re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:04pm

I have front row tickets for Pajama Game at American Airlines Theatre. Does anyone know what those will be like? Updated On: 4/5/06 at 10:04 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#9re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:06pm

Some are worse than others, but you're gonna have to look up in almost all Broadway front rows.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

SweetQintheLights
#10re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:09pm

Hairspray front row is deadly. I LOVED the show but I left with a neck ache. I think it's much worse than sitting in the first row of a movie theater.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

LucilleAndLeoFrank
#11re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:14pm

Front row for PJ Game is great...there's a bit of distance between the stage and front row, so it's actually a rather perfect seat.

The Broadhurst has a pretty high stage, so front row for The History Boys could be bad...my neck hurt for days after sitting front row at Lennon there.

The Belasco is high too...I definitely recommend sitting a few rows back for Awake and Sing.

Huey's Pop Profile Photo
Huey's Pop
#12re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:27pm

Saw RENT last summer (in NYC) from third row center. Sound was HORRIBLE. I read that they had fixed it. Sure hope so.

Broadway_Boy
#13re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:49pm

How is the front row row Tarzan, for Movin out it was horrible but someone had mentioned it looked lowered????

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#14re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:53pm

LucilleAndLeoFrank, thanks for the info on PG at American Airlines Theatre. I took a chance when tickets became available and I am glad to have good seats.

Yes, Hairspray has a very high stage. I cant imagine sitting in the front row.

RentBoy86
#15re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/6/06 at 12:35am

i know this is a dumb question, but how do they just lower a stage? is it not really expensive?

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#16re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/6/06 at 12:41am

I saw Aida from the front row and loved it, although some stuff towards the back I couldn't see as well. The Hirschfeld is a great theater too.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#17re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/6/06 at 1:09am

How about The Color Purple since the first two rows are where I understand the daily $26.25 rush tickets are?

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#18re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/6/06 at 1:51am

I've sat in both the first and second rows at TCP, both are fine, although first is *way close* for some of the staging/songs- we're talking actors basicially right over your head at a couple of points if you're in certain seats. But the stage height is fine, not too high.

(and fyi the last time I did the rush, after the first two rows were sold the b.o. then sold some side orch seats, so it's not always just the first two rows in TCP rush)

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#19re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/6/06 at 1:55am

I don't understand why people like sitting in the front row. A lot of times you can't fully see what's going on, you can't fully view the set if perspective is an issue, and it's just a bad view. I much prefer mid-orchestra or front mezz - I avoid front row everywhere.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#20re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/6/06 at 9:18am

3 days of rain -- can't see the set, the second act is blocked by a downstage table AND you will get soaked --especially if you are in AA 101,102 & 103.

Mind is Mantra.

#21re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/6/06 at 9:49am

Phantom of the Opera is fine seen from the front row. The stage is low and set back.

TheOneAndOnly
#22re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/6/06 at 10:56am

Tarzan front row is perfect....no straining or looking up at all. Rather, you feel like you are right in the action when they all swing around and fly in. Loved it. (The view & experience as far as seating goes.)

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#23re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/6/06 at 11:01am

With TCP it kind of depends where you sit because during the title song i had Cilie and Shug standing directly infront of me and it was kinda auckward because i had to like scoot down in my chair and look straight up.... i also got spit on a couple of times but oh well.... i didn't mind the looking up for that one scene

#24re: What current shows have bad seats in first few rows?
Posted: 4/6/06 at 11:25am

Sweeney- Michael spits BIG time!

Videos