News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CurtainUp2

CurtainUp2 Profile Photo
Member Name: CurtainUp2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: La Cage Will Close June 26, Despite Tony Awards
 Jun 7 2005, 09:58:42 PM
I think Robert Goulet's performance killed it. Could he have given a more lifeless reading of his lines on the Tony's? They should have stuck with Daniel Davis, regardless of how big a Diva he may be.

re: The 2005 Tony Awards Thread
 Jun 5 2005, 10:58:37 PM
YAHOO!!!!! SPAMALOT WINS!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!! Love it!!!!

re: The 2005 Tony Awards Thread
 Jun 5 2005, 10:39:03 PM
They should have let Hugh sing it alone. Aretha's voice has seen better days. Maybe if she lost a couple a hundred pounds she'd be able to sing better.

re: What Makes You 'Queen' Out?
 May 26 2005, 11:21:53 AM
The disco version of I AM WHAT I AM by Gloria Gaynor unleashes my inner Queen!

Oh... and anything by Cher

re: And the NOMINATIONS are.....
 May 10 2005, 10:11:04 AM
So what shows were completely snubbed?

re: Anybody remember
 May 6 2005, 12:49:36 AM
The astronauts take up with cave dwellers played by the great Joe E. Ross ("OOH, OOH" - Officer Tooty from 'Car 54, Where Are You?' and numerous Hanna-Barbera cartoons) as Gronk, and Imogene Coca ('Your Show of Shows') as his wife.
re: Heart-broken Over Cyndi
 Apr 28 2005, 09:21:23 AM
I loath Patti Lupone. I was planning on seeing with Cyndi. I'll pass on Ms. Lupone, thank you very much.
re: Plaza Hotel is saved
 Apr 14 2005, 06:23:04 PM
Well... I know two people personally who work at The Plaza, and "those people" most certainly DO NOT "get paid very well". Especially when you take the cost of living in NYC into consideration. They can barely make ends meet. And they have to put up with a whole lot of s#!t!

re: Evita movie question
 Mar 22 2005, 09:10:14 AM
Whatever the reason, it worked. IMO Madonna's rendition of the song was heartfelt and poignant.
re: Mambo Kings
 Mar 16 2005, 07:48:30 PM
Sounds like a great cast! Any "buzz" on this show yet, Margo? I really loved the book and movie. Hope they do a good job translating it to the stage. I think it has a lot of potential as a Broadway musical.

re: The ' I walked out of Avenue Q at intermission because I thought it was
 Feb 27 2005, 12:30:03 PM
If we just "leave it at that" there's really no need for a Broadway message board, now is there? I thought this was supposed to be a place you could come to discuss shows, exchange opinions, share likes and dislikes, agree and disagree, ask questions, and share information about everything and anything theatre related.
re: The ' I walked out of Avenue Q at intermission because I thought it was
 Feb 27 2005, 12:09:28 PM
Broadwaygiant... I didn't care much for it either. And just for the record, there have been numerous threads and posts by people who feel the same way. I didn't walk out, but as far as I'm concerned it's definitely "Off-Broadway" material. That's where it should have stayed. I have serveral out-of-town friends who went to see it, and were equally disappointed. It's cute, somewhat clever, and mildly amusing. But that's about it. I wasn't the least bit offended by it. I just found it to be slight
re: Jerry Springer - The Opera forced to stay off Broadway
 Feb 27 2005, 09:42:29 AM
Welcome to Bush's America.
re: Petition for shirtless icons...
 Feb 24 2005, 09:18:35 PM
LOL! Much better Cats. I'm sure Gladys would approve.
re: 'Victor/Victoria'
 Feb 17 2005, 10:35:48 AM
I also enjoyed the show (saw it twice) and own the DVD. While it may not have been the best musical to ever grace the Braodway stage, it certainly deserved more than the one nomination it received. Especially in light of some of the crap that's been nominated in the past. I can't remember what shows were nominated that year (and it's too early and I'm too lazy to look it up), but I'd bet that there was at least one that was less deserving of it's nomination. I'm sure politics had a lot to do wit
re: Major Screw-Ups In Movies
 Feb 17 2005, 10:23:59 AM
In WUTHERING HEIGHTS, Merle Oberon as Cathy runs up the hill to be with Heathcliff. She's wearing one dress (with shawl) as she runs up the hill, and a completely different dress (no shawl) in the very next shot as she arrives at the top. Oddly enough, I haven't been able to find this documented on any of the "movie mistakes" websites.
re: Alan Cumming Interviews
 Feb 16 2005, 07:57:01 PM
I started a thread about this on the Off Topic Board, but for those who didn't see it, you might be interested in Mr. Cumming's upcoming SHOWTIME movie, "Reefer Madness: The Movie Muscial, based on the Off-Broadway show. It premieres in April. The trailer is a riot!

http://www.sho.com/site/reefermadness/media.do

re: Alan Cumming Interviews
 Feb 16 2005, 07:46:15 PM

re: HAIR - The Film
 Feb 7 2005, 06:46:45 PM
HAIR is one of favorite movie musicals. Not sure exactly why it wasn't more successful at the box office. Maybe it had something to do with the timing. Anyway... I can't imagine a better translation of the material. The show was so unstructured and abstract, which worked great on stage. But the movie needed some semblance of plot. There were a few scenes and sub-plots I could have lived without, but for the most part I thought it was superbly adapted. Two of my favorite scenes are the hallucinat
re: Your Favorite Broadway Flops?
 Feb 7 2005, 05:43:33 PM
Taboo
The Life
Tommy (was is considered a flop?)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You