Alan Cumming Interviews

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#0Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:37am

Everyone who is still up...Alan is on Conan tonight :) He is also going to be on The Daily Show tomorrow. I can't wait!

cabarethed
#1re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:38am

I think he's also going to be on the Tony Danza show or something in the morning. Aw, Alan. re: Alan Cumming Interviews

Up In Won
#2re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:42am

It was funny... I was watching Jay Leno, and one of the commercials was for Conan, and they're like 'Alan Cumming', and I was like, 'I know that name!' And, yeah, it just clicked.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#3re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:44am

awsome, thanks for the headsup. I was going to go to bed because I had nothing else to do but now I've got something to stay up for! re: Alan Cumming Interviews

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#4re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:55am

Is he publicising a new movie?

#5re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:56am

Son of the Mask - don't ask.

Plum
#6re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:01am

Why the heck does he do those things? The ways in which actors choose their scripts really mystify me sometimes. They seem like intelligent people otherwise...

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#7re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:07am

Yeah I don't understand why he has done most of the movies he has done actually. Oh well, it gets him on interviews...he was so cute!!!

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#8re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:09am

I think it got him a trip to sunny Queensland. They made the film out here as I recall.

etoile
#9re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:11am

I believe he's explained before that he does these things so he can better afford to commit to months and months and months of theater. Oh...and those independent films.

To me he can do all the X-Men, and Spy Kids, and Flintstones, and Mask that he wants if it means he'll be on Broadway for at least six months.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

#10re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:12am

Um, I hate to point out the obvious, but most actors aren't even WORKING! What makes you think that someone as unique and unusual as Mr. Cumming is has offers falling out of his *ss? I can assure you that he is doing exactly what he can to make his way in the world at his chosen profession.

Even Meryl Streep made She Devil. Updated On: 2/16/05 at 01:12 AM

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#11re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:15am

Exactly. And it's "Cumming." Pet peeve of mine... re: Alan Cumming Interviews

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

#12re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:19am

Oops, so sorry! As someone who prefers to go by Douglas as opposed to Doug (or, god forbid, Dougie) I completely sympathize! It will be edited re: Alan Cumming Interviews

Timmerbo Profile Photo
Timmerbo
#13re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:36am

Now, now. X2 and the first two Spy Kids were both decent films in their own right.

#14re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:46am

Of course, Timmerbo - but I bet he'd rather be getting paid those salaries while doing things like the run of Cabaret.

cabarethed
#15re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:53am

Exactly, that was his reasoning when he started doing movies like Flintstones and Spy Kids years ago...he could build his bank account and be free to do projects like Urbania, Anniversary Party, theatre...makes sense.

insomniak
#16re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:29pm

Anything notable in these interviews? Highlights?

munkustrap178
#17re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:31pm

No, he was funny as always. He has a new fragrance.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

insomniak
#18re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:35pm

Munkustrap, I'm hoping that fragrance remark was a joke.

I don't know a great deal about him, but the Cabaret production journal bits crack me up.

BSoBW2
#19re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:41pm

I was just gonna write funny as always...but I was too late...

HE always has some VERY interesting stories to tell....

munkustrap178
#20re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:41pm

No, he does have a fragrance. It's called "Cumming," and the box is lined with nude (but covered) photos of him. It looks great, haven't smelt it yet.

I haven't read the CABARET journals, but he's a hysterical person.

BSoBW2
#21re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:43pm

Oh, the one entry from him, "seats not finished, take up drinking...again" or something floored me!

insomniak
#22re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:44pm

It might be the way he writes things, the tone is amusing.

Joshua488
#23re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 5:19pm

I'm guessing you've heard about some sort of celebrity fundraiser where celebs were asked to take pictures of something that symbolizes love.

Alan Cumming took a picture of his sweaty palm.

Gotta love the guy.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#24re: Alan Cumming Interviews
Posted: 2/16/05 at 5:23pm

Yeah esp that he had a bf/lover/sleeping friend not sure what to call it up until recently.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

Videos