News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kissynose

Member Name: kissynose
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BIG FISH to Close on Broadway December 2y 9, 2013
 Nov 11 2013, 03:07:47 PM
Ive seen 95% of all the Broadway musicals in the last 20 years. This was one of the few I wanted to walk out on. All I could think was...just die already and end this torture. Not as bad as Adventures of Tom Sawyer but up there with Dance of the Vampires and Urban Cowboy.
Which show have you seen the most number of times?
 Jun 1 2013, 09:55:42 PM
Hedwig and the angry inch -45
Zanna don't 20
Bat boy 15
Caroline or Change10

Many more 5+
Walmartopia
Urinetown
Rent
Sweet charity
Wicked

Spider-Man
 Jan 21 2013, 09:15:30 PM
I have seen both versions. I was lucky enough to see the second preview before the original Arachne left. The show was very dark and amazing athough flawed. The original opening with Mary Jane hanging from the bridge with spiderman running towards her was amazing. The new incarnation of the show is a joke. They dumbed it down and gave the green goblin way too much stage time. The orignal plot was more focused on "the Dark" why did they leave Arachne in the show at all?

I was so excited

Are you a non-applauder?
 May 12 2012, 10:50:33 AM
I don't clap during a show. Im usually contemplating what I just witnessed. What I find most annoying is when people fly out of there seats for a standing ovation even before the first actor comes out for a bow. Standing ovations mean absolutely nothing anymore.

There have been times I have witnessed and joined in a standing ovation after a in show number. Like the final performance of Caroline or change after lots wife. Or after freedoms child at the last civil war performance.

Are you a non-applauder?
 May 12 2012, 10:48:54 AM
I don't clap during a show. Im usually contemplating what I just witnessed. What I find most annoying is when people fly out of there seats for a standing ovation even before the first actor comes out for a bow. Standing ovations mean absolutely nothing anymore.

There have been times I have witnessed and joined in a standing ovation after a in show number. Like the final performance of Caroline or change after lots wife. Or after freedoms child at the last civil war performance.

ONCE Reviews
 Mar 19 2012, 09:33:08 AM
This type of show usually is a hit with me. However, I was just bored the whole time. Every song seemed the same and the intactions were amateur. The only memorable song was the one from the movie. This show seemed to drag on forever.

Maybe I'll have to see it again. But I'm surprised by the reviews. I felt the same about lysistrata jones. I don't think this is the type of show that will have an audience. Not mainstream enough for the vacationers or the casual theater fan. It belongs

Scenes You'll Never Forget
 Jun 21 2011, 12:51:45 PM
So many here are a few.

Michael Cerveris wicked Little Town (reprise) believe it or not I went to that show 45 times

Kiki and Herb Performing Moments of Pleasure in their off broadway show.

Closing night when Tonya Pinkins sang Lot,s Wife

Around the World from Grey Gardens closing night off broadway.

Closing night of Civil War when They sang Freedoms Child

First time seeing Les Miz.

Free at last from the Deaf

Spiderman...sigh
 Jun 21 2011, 11:56:35 AM
I agree with all the opinions stated. I really thoughtt the first version could have been turned into something that would have showed the naysayers. The playbill article Julie had done good points. They went wrong when they tried to please everyone. I guess with 65 million on the line they tried to be safe.
Spiderman...sigh
 Jun 20 2011, 07:03:19 PM
I held on to these tickets for months not to mention the 5 times I had to travel back to NYC to exchange them through all the false openings and the $282 down the drain.

I really expected to see a better more polished version.

Spiderman...sigh
 Jun 20 2011, 06:21:53 PM
I am one of the few people who actually enjoyed the original version of Spiderman. Well the music did and still does need a major overhaul

That being said..the new version is horrible. Every thing that was good (and Dark) about the show has been removed and replaced with fluff. The few elements of Julie that still remain are the high points. (Boy Falls From the Sky and Turn Off the dark) The show originally had a great opening with spiderman running on the bridge..now it opens with some

WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
 May 15 2011, 09:57:48 PM
I accept your view, but to me some things are not funny.Whether ficional or not some things are sacred and I'm not even Mormon. I wonder if a show about mocking the Jewish religion would be so well received? Putting subject matter aside I feel Book of Morman was just childish. Walmartopia and Bat Boy are better examples of camp.
WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
 May 15 2011, 09:34:20 PM
This show proved to me that there are different tastes in the world. I see just about all the musicals every year. That being said..I loved this show. The music and book were both great to me. It was a simple story but hey its Alice in Wonderland. I can't imagine how something like Catch me if You Can.. which was totally boring will last over Wonderland. CMIYC had great performances but it was just boring. And Book of Morman gets all the praise this season...now that show was just moronic, blasp
2011 Tony Award Nomination Discussion thread
 May 3 2011, 11:26:36 AM
I find the whole book of Mormon phenomenon absurd. Appalling subject matter aside I feel the show was just amateur. Camp has been done so much better than this crap. Shows the state of the world we live in. what happened to real art? And now they have validated itcwitj do many nominations. I thought spiderman was even better.
Spiderman Preview Thread!
 Dec 31 2010, 02:34:06 PM
In an interview on playbill Jennifer d steed they are workinG on the book and not the score. What a mistake. I am a comic book collector and I found the story enjoyable. However the music is all horrible. I wonder if egos have anything to do with not changing the music. Maybe they would have to pay more for Bono if he writes new music. If the producers would listen to the audience they would see that the major problem is the music. It's just boring.
returning Spider-man tix
 Dec 31 2010, 02:18:22 PM
I have personally exchanged my tickets 3 times at the box office. I just explained to them that I want to see the finished project.
 Dec 2 2010, 01:02:48 AM
Like I said the show has some life. However,all the theater snobs have prejudged this show already. Its doomed. I like to compare it to Patti Lapone either you like it or hate it. One is a money pit the other is just the pits.
 Dec 2 2010, 12:45:14 AM
I also found it interesting theat one of the producers came on stage before the show began. He proceeded to explain that the show was in previews and that they chose to preview in NYC rather than out of town. He claimed that this was the only theater big enough to house the show. Then he hand feed the audience the fact that they may encounter some moments when the show would be halted. He also made mention that the media's portrayal that the show was somehow unsafe is ludicis.

Dec 2 2010, 12:30:39 AM
I was at the show tonight. There was only only brief stop, but other than that the show ran smooth. It is noticable that the actors are not fully comfortable with the stunts. That being said I really enjoyed the show. The story is alright, not as bad as most are making it out to be. Remember its a comic book story and as a comic reader I thought it was interesting. The show does need some work over all. The one thing I did hate was the music..........every song needs to be redone. There was no m
Fela cast recording
 May 24 2010, 09:30:43 AM
Is the Kevin Mambo version available at the theater yet? Is there any other way to get this version other than at the theater or download?
So Only 1 Musical Revival Announced So Far for 10/11 Season?
 May 17 2010, 05:41:52 PM
Any more news about hedwig revival?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You