News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for feinstein9

feinstein9 Profile Photo
Member Name: feinstein9
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Long Story Short rush lately
 Feb 1 2011, 01:31:16 PM
Thanks guys!!! Very helpful info. Can't wait to see the show.
Long Story Short rush lately
 Jan 31 2011, 08:24:20 PM
Hey guys!

Did a search and didn't find any recent info on the student rush over at Long Story Short. If any of you guys have gone lately, when is a good time to get there, etc.?

I know these threads are a dime a dozen so thanks for taking the time.

The Last 5 Years
 Aug 2 2010, 07:02:12 AM
...is this post meant ironically?
Everyone Admit Your Age on Broadwayworld
 Aug 2 2010, 07:00:18 AM
Well, this has been a very interesting thread, for sure.

One thing that hasn't quite been mentioned yet, though, is maturity. That term is subjective, but I think it comes into play. Some young people are very mature for their age and thereby more inclined to a greater sophistication in music.

For example, when I was 16 there was the Sondheim Celebration at the Kennedy Center, and I dragged my parents halfway across the country to spend two weeks in D.C. ... just for theater.

re: Favorite or Most Emotional Finale Experiences
 Oct 21 2009, 03:59:10 PM
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Assassins yet. Truly one of the most powerful moments I've experienced in a theater. Such a mixture of emotions- outrage? Sympathy? Disgust? Guilt?
I'm also going to second (fifth?) Sunday, the 2002 Kennedy Center production left me teary, a little sad, but somehow uplifted. Art.

re: In all honesty, I DO predict
 May 5 2009, 10:57:02 PM
Thanks for starting this thread and posting those pics... miss her dearly.
re: Tim Draxl with Lea Salonga Tonight at Upright Cabaret
 Apr 26 2009, 09:20:33 PM
I've been a huge Tim fan since I saw him sing Ordinary Miracles on the Rosie O'Donnell Show in what, 1999? He was signed to do three albums with Sony but only came out with two. Bummer is, he doesn't have a website so I missed him when he came back to NY in January. Everyone should check out his albums though, I highly enjoy the both of them. Reviews appreciated from anyone who saw the show tonight!
re: UCB or PIT?
 Apr 25 2009, 04:20:04 PM
I've done three levels of UCB, and I recommend it. I don't know much about PIT, so honestly I might not be that helpful. But I really have enjoyed taking classes at UCB. There's even a class called Improv for Actors, if that's applicable to you.
re: can we please have a revival of 'On the Twentieth Century'?
 Mar 13 2009, 03:58:37 PM
Dame, you are so lucky to have seen Madeline Kahn live and in such a great show! I would've loved to have seen that. I did see the 2005 concert and it was a blast. Perfectly cast. I do concur that Cheno would be great as Lily, although Marin was truly great. If they wanted to recreate the Kiss Me, Kate magic, Stokes wouldn't be a bad choice for Oscar.
re: Cast Recordings You Wish You Hadn't Bought
 Jan 30 2009, 10:17:34 AM
This is a pretty great thread. I'm surprised no one's mentioned "When Pigs Fly" yet. When pigs fly, nothing makes sense, when pigs fly, we all lose are sense... WTF? I'd also like to add Seussical. That was just painful.
re: Moments of Silence in theatre
 Nov 26 2008, 12:24:24 AM
The biggest chill/silence I ever felt in a theater was in the revival of Assassins, when the film of Kennedy being shot is projected over Lee Harvey Oswald. There are a lot of heavy silences in that show, but that one really stuck with me.
re: AUGUST Now Offering 'Senior Rush'
 Nov 24 2008, 03:42:53 PM
i've met seniors... and they're not that good at rushing. they should call it "senior take your time."
re: XANADU Gets Its Own Ice Cream Sundae
 Sep 3 2008, 01:44:23 AM
does anyone know how long this is going to be available for? "limited" could mean anything.
re: How was Gypsy beaten by South Pacific
 Aug 31 2008, 10:16:11 PM
I just couldn't get behind the Sunday revival, because, for me, nothing will ever top the 2002 Kennedy Center production with Raul Esparza and Melissa Errico. That was everything Sunday should be. In the revival, the Cockney accent was something I couldn't get over. It didn't make any sense. And the screen that George stands behind obscured him from my view. I couldn't be amazed if I couldn't even see the guy singing.
I haven't seen South Pacific yet because I don't understand their rush po

re: Good Universities in the NYC Area for Musical Theater Majors
 Aug 31 2008, 09:38:20 PM
I'm going to second Pace. I was an Acting BFA, but the MT program is very cool. It's more personal and less machine-like. I think NYU is kind of a machine, and from my experience, very impersonal. Still a good school, I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.
re: Broadway stars who did NOT go to College...
 Aug 31 2008, 12:45:33 AM
thanks AKD! go us, and best of luck to you.
Hilarious Comments...
 Aug 29 2008, 11:40:13 PM
I saw Rent a couple of months ago. I was seeing it with my gay ex-boyfriend, and as we hadn't seen each other in a few years, we caught up over some drinks before the show. For some reason the alcohol affected me more than it usually does... so when he asked me if I knew of anyone in the cast, I said "Oh yeah, well Adam Chase is pretty cool." Mixing up Adam Pascal and Will Chase. I knew it didn't sound right. Later I realized what I'd said, and all I could think was "Omg, someone probably heard
re: Delacorte Theater-Surrounding restaurants & parking suggestion
 Aug 29 2008, 11:17:30 PM
I don't know much about parking, but you enter at 81st street. If you walk one avenue east to Columbus, the streets are lined with several cool places to eat. I like v*nyl, which I think is on 85th. Prohibition is another good one, but if you're not into loud places don't go there. Senior Swankey's is a good mexican food place with delicious nachoes. I basically just know the ones above 81st because I live in the 80's, but I'm sure if you walk south, the 70's have got to have some good stuff too
re: Broadway stars who did NOT go to College...
 Aug 29 2008, 10:44:30 PM
You don't have to go to college to get training. I went to college for three years and decided organized education wasn't for me-- I didn't want to be part of a machine, someone else's idea of how I should be spending my time. Luckily, I live in NY, which means I have access to some of the best teachers in the country. I don't need a BFA to be a good performer, I need training. They're not necessarily mutually exclusive.
re: Best Summer Stock Theater
 Apr 19 2008, 09:38:21 PM
I'm so glad this thread was resurrected! It's been great to here about all these theaters I didn't know existed. And I will pick up that Backstage guide, I think it could really help me out.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You