News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for THDavis

THDavis Profile Photo
Member Name: THDavis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Theaters Comfortable for  Apr 19 2023, 11:05:12 AM

Thank you for starting this thread! I do not have seat concerns for myself personally, but two of the closest people in my life are larger in certain areas that can make seats restrictive.

The one theatre I know for sure has posed problems for us is the Lyceum. We had wonderful seats in the mezzanine, but the hard dividers between the seats made for an uncomfortable show for someone with wider hips.

Another is the Hirschfeld rear mezzanine - the seats are tight and so is the leg

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 22 2023, 12:19:49 PM

(None of the formatting saved, so my apologies to everyone)

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 22 2023, 12:18:57 PM

Act 2

Scene 1: Palace - Ballroom

• Entr'acte (The Orchestra)
  • The Ball (Cinderella, Prince Sebastian, Queen, Stepmother, Adele, Marie, Townspeople)

Scene 2: The Woods

• I Know I Have a Heart (Because You Broke It) (Cinderella)
  • I'm No Longer Me (Prince Sebastian, Queen, The Hunks)

Scene 3: Cinderella's Chateau

• Moment of Triumph (Stepmother, Marie, Adele)
  • Easy To Be Me (Reprise) (Cinderella)
  • E
BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 22 2023, 12:14:25 PM

I can't figure out how to upload the image, so I'll write out the list from the first preview on 02/17.

Act One

Scene 1: Belleville Town Square

• Buns 'n' Roses/Beauty Is Our Duty (Townspeople, Marie, Adele, Queen. Prince Sebastian)
  • It Has To Be Her (Townspeople)
  • Bad Cinderella (Cinderella)

Scene 2: The Woods

• So Long (Cinderella, Prince Sebastian)

Scene 3: Cinderella's Chateau

• Unfair (Adel
MOULIN ROUGE! Reopening Night Thread  Jun 5 2022, 11:44:04 PM

Saw the show this evening. My only other time was pre-COVID with Tveit and Olivo. 

I thought Klena and Loren were fantastic. Klena brings a similar eagerness and wholesomeness to Christian as he does to many other roles, but it gives him a level of likability that I never felt with Tveit. He did sound a bit sick tonight with a slight raspiness every now and then, but he sang with tremendous power and control. 

Loren - WOWZA!! What an incredible

TAKE ME OUT Previews  Jun 5 2022, 10:17:15 PM

After seeing the show on Friday, my take is that JTF would be the front runner from this show for the Tony. Jesse Williams gave a nice performance and Michael Oberholtzer did a very good job, but the scene I was really expecting to be Tony-worthy was at the police department and it became less nuanced and more so a shouting spectacle. Still a great show, but think it was robbery to charge $200 for last row mezz tickets. All of this is, of course, simply my opinion. Glad this show is doing wel

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO  Jun 5 2022, 08:40:25 PM

Left the matinee today and was very pleased - Pamela did a WONDERFUL job uplifting this show. (I’ve seen it multiple times on tour about fifteen years ago and adored it - the only time I didn’t enjoy it was when I went to the Broadway production in 2009). She held her own just fine in regards to the vocals, but it was her comedy and stage presence that really made her Roxie land and in quite an endearing way, in my opinion. There were times where I enjoyed her dancing a bit more t

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Jun 2 2022, 10:29:19 AM

I’ve been reading that many have found sound issues with this show. I thought it was only because I was up in the back of the balcony, but I’m reading it’s troublesome in the mezz as well. I’m taking my cousin to see this show for her first time this weekend: can anyone attest to whether the sound is just as troublesome from the orchestra as it is elsewhere? I’d like her (and myself) to be able to hear it better, but if it’s just as much of an issue in the

Chicago Rush  Jun 1 2022, 05:36:35 PM

Pam Anderson is in until Sunday the 5th, so I'm assuming you mean one of the following Sundays? Or is Pam not in both shows Sunday the 5th?

TKTS prices  Jun 1 2022, 05:33:28 PM

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but the search feature on this message board leaves a lot to be desired.

Nowadays, TKTS and the app will give you the discount percentage as well as the price - sometimes that's even a range of pricing. Are you able to request the lower priced option at the TKTS window if you're trying to save some extra cash? (example: A Strange Loop is showing 50% off as $63-103. Can I ask the representative for two $63 tickets?)

GIRL (Returns) FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY Performances  Jun 1 2022, 05:01:39 PM

I saw this show a few weekends ago when the Governor took to the stage before the show to welcome audiences back and comment on the resilience of Broadway. What a treat!! Mare Winningham is insanely talented and I pray she wins the 2022 Tony Award for her work. I'm heading back this weekend and am keeping my fingers crossed for a lottery win, but am glad in a bittersweet way that there are reasonably priced tickets available.

TAKE ME OUT Previews  Jun 1 2022, 04:43:20 PM

Agree that the prices are insane now, but these reviews sort of solidify that it's a must-see event.

I can't speak for the orchestra or this production, but I sat in the last row of the mezz for What the Constitution Means to Me and it was an excellent view. Not sure there's a bad seat in the house at The Hayes.

Chicago Rush  Jun 1 2022, 04:31:55 PM

Any updates on how rush has been with Pam in the cast? A late walkup occasion like Miss Saigon or an early morning only endeavor?

Funny Girl Rear Orch Seats  Jun 1 2022, 04:18:33 PM

I know this is an older post/question, but I sat here during my recent visit and thought they were just fine. A bit tight on the legroom, but you don't miss anything and it doesn't feel too far away to enjoy it. Given my opinion of the production, I'm glad I didn't spend anything more for my tickets (although Karimloo and Lynch were FANTASTIC).

Aaron Tveit One-Man Show  Apr 3 2013, 09:25:14 PM
"THDavis, those seem to be some pretty high marks you're giving to a person you claim hasn't sold you on his talent."

I'm not saying he isn't talented. I'm simply stating that I feel people talk him up more than he ever actually delivers. People often argue the same about LuPone or Ripley, both of whom I'm a big fan of. It's a matter of opinion, not a science.

Aaron Tveit One-Man Show  Apr 3 2013, 10:40:58 AM
Probably one of the more over-rated performers on Broadway. I rather liked him in the Les Mis film (maybe because he proved to be one of the only great vocalists), but have seen him twice on Broadway and haven't been blown away by any performance. I can read his cockiness from the audience while he's performing and, while he is an attractive guy, I can't say that it sells me on his talent. Not to mention he was a tool at the stage door.

Looks: 8/10
Acting: 7/10
Singing: 7/10
Chaka Khan in The Color Purple?  Feb 10 2013, 01:53:03 PM
Khan went in as Sofia for only a week or two prior to the show closing, correct?

And Lakisha Jones was an American Idol contestant who usually played the Church Soloist when not covering for Sofia, I believe. I went on a Saturday matinee the last week (or possibly the week before) the show closed and I don't think I ended up seeing either.

Jackman sings WHO AM I at Philadelphia Orchestra anniversary ball  Jan 31 2013, 09:35:50 AM
I don't know, I'm on the same page with people who feel Jackman's placement is almost outrageously forward and sounds strained/forced. I wouldn't say he's not talented and I appreciate his dedication to his craft and to the Broadway stage, but he was probably one of my least favorite singers in the film. Even with Eddie's head shaking and Russel's lack of any sort of vocal inflection. He's over-hyped as a vocalist, in my opinion.

EDIT: I went and rewatched the clip that started this thr

Why dd the Broadway Theatre close up the Back of the mezzanine?  Jan 30 2013, 02:29:34 PM
I have sat in the balcony at the Palace, forgot about that. Even though the view was higher, I still felt like the view was closer to the stage than the Broadway, though. Maybe not.
Hello, Dolly! & Evita (Rare Recordings)  Jan 29 2013, 10:40:23 PM
Wow, the ending of Buenos Aires is breathtaking!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You