Aaron Tveit One-Man Show

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#1Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 1:59pm

According to Aaron's manager, he will be having a few concerts in May. More information coming in the next few days

Source Updated On: 3/28/13 at 01:59 PM

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#2Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 2:01pm

Yeah Aaron mentioned that in few interviews. Looking forward to it!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 2:17pm

http://aarontveit.net/news/save-the-dates-54-below-to-host-several-concerts-for-aaron-tveit

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#3Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 2:35pm

I love that he calls it "the beloved nightclub, 54 Below!"

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#4Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 3:50pm

I think I will pass on this one. He is just too vanilla for me.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#5Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 4:00pm

Despite the late show times, 54 Below is open to all ages, so young fans are encouraged to attend provided they demonstrate maturity inside the club.

Take that to mean that all you screaming little fan girls need to STFU or not come.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#6Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 4:12pm

Are the grown-ups allowed to scream?

Rainbowhigh23
#7Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 4:15pm

Wonder if he'll do a duet with Alice Ripley.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#8Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 4:24pm

Aaron Tveit One-Man Show

Is that going to be you, PalJoey?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#9Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 7:54pm

Does 54 Below normally only do 21+ events?

I wonder if Aaron is making sure he can include younger attendees after the crazy mayhem that went down at SXSW a few weeks ago...

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#10Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/28/13 at 8:18pm

Not quite but I like him.

I actually forgot he was in the Les Mis movie (I'm not a Les Mis fan, in general) and didn't recognize him as Aaron Tveit. But I really liked his performance and looked on the credits at the end to see who it was. Then I smote my forehead because of course I had heard he was in it but forgot. And I had liked him very much in Next to Normal and Catch Me If You Can. And I surprisingly liked him best of the 5 Fiyeros in a YouTube video of 5 Fiyeros doing "Dancing Through Life."

I think he will be pretty dazzling in a late-night show at 54 Below.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#11Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 3/29/13 at 3:15pm

PalJoey - I agree, I think he will do very well. I saw him in "Next Tor Normal" and him singing "I'm Alive" was one of the best moments of the show. I also saw him in "Catch Me If You Can" and thought he did very well in a show that needed songs/book.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#12Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 1:12pm

I'm bummed that the "presale" sold out so quickly. Hopefully I can get a ticket tomorrow.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

LizzieCurry
#13Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 1:33pm

They're being very apologetic so far. https://twitter.com/54Below/status/319139435004436484

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#14Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 2:01pm

I will most definitely be attending. Aaron is my god.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#15Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 3:25pm

He's good, yeah. But he's just too "eh" to me. Just no edge or anything exciting. I'm sure it will be very by-the-books.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#16Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 3:32pm

I'm just excited that my husband actually wants to go too...usually I go to these things solo. I remember at the Next to Normal cd signing, one of my favorite moments was watching Alice R applauding after he sang I'm Alive. Miss Thing was stomping her feet and banging her hand against the wall. I love when I see a performer genuinely enjoying and appreciating another actor's work.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#17Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 3:34pm

I saw him in "Next Tor Normal"

Aaron Tveit One-Man Show

He misses the mountains.

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#18Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 4:13pm

So did the Tveit-heads crash the 54 Below server or something?

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#19Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 4:25pm

From what I understand 54 Below created a tumblr to communicate with Tveit's fans and, when the eblast was delayed due to a technical glitch, they released the presale code there. When the eblast finally went out, I guess there was trouble getting tickets.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

LizzieCurry
#20Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 4:41pm

Yep:

http://54below.tumblr.com/post/46945528632/were-really-sorry-for-this-everyone-trust-me

Updated On: 4/2/13 at 04:41 PM

givesmevoice
#21Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 5:01pm

I've been hearing rumblings that the 54 Below tumblr isn't even official so I'm interested to see what becomes of that.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

LizzieCurry
#22Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 5:04pm

Interesting. I saw a comment on their facebook saying that 54 Below actually asked ON facebook where people got the code, when it had come from "their" tumblr -- so I started to wonder.

givesmevoice
#23Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 5:09pm

I have to say that I don't care about Aaron Tveit one way or the other, but some of his fans have been incredibly rude and disrespectful to the staff at 54 Below (through their facebook). 54 Below is obviously a small venue and I'm sure they've never dealt with a ticketing snafu like this that was met with such vitriol, so I feel really bad for the staff having to deal with these fans.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#24Aaron Tveit One-Man Show
Posted: 4/2/13 at 7:43pm

I just read all the Facebook comments. Oh my god, Tveit's fans are crazy. There is no excuse for that.

There are a lot of people who said that they already bought plane tickets from California to see the concert and are now angry that they couldn't get tickets. It's a very small venue. Why on earth would you buy plane tickets BEFORE you knew you could get concert tickets????

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."