TKTS prices

Kathy303
#1TKTS prices
Posted: 11/9/17 at 11:59am

My husband randomly got a voucher in the mail for $100 at a TKTS booth.   I'm thinking that with the $100 we should be able to get something pretty reasonably priced - does anyone know about how much the tickets at the TKTS booth go for?

Phantom4ever
#2TKTS prices
Posted: 11/9/17 at 12:02pm

The TKTS app gives real time discounts at all four booths. The most common discount is 50%. With a typical Broadway ticket being around 150 bucks, you can expect to get a free ticket and then some with a $100 voucher.  

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#3TKTS prices
Posted: 11/9/17 at 12:11pm

How in the world does one get one of these vouchers?! 

LxGstv
#4TKTS prices
Posted: 11/9/17 at 12:11pm

I’ve never gotten a ticket for less than $70 at TKTS... for broadway that is, might be cheaper if you go with an off broadway show...

Also, I could be wrong, but I thought the discount was always applied to the highest price point, so while shows have tickets ranging from $80-160, the discount will be based on the $160 price, not 80...

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#5TKTS prices
Posted: 11/9/17 at 12:40pm

LxGstv said: "I’ve never gotten a ticket for less than $70 at TKTS... for broadway that is, might be cheaper if you go with an off broadway show...

Also, I could be wrong, but I thought the discount was always applied to the highest price point, so while shows have tickets ranging from $80-160, the discount will be based on the $160 price, not 80...
"

This is my experience as well, that the TKTS percentage off is based on the highest price point.  I paid $89.50 + $5.00 fee for Anastasia in October 2017 and $79.50 + $3.00 fee for School of Rock in October 2016.

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#6TKTS prices
Posted: 11/9/17 at 12:55pm

It's based on the price of the ticket that's purchased.  So if you get orch seats that go for 180, expect to pay $90 at the booth.  Likewise, if you're buying mez or balc tickets that are $99, expect to pay ~$50.00.  Back in the day you just told them the show you wanted and they told you cost and you didn't pick your seats.  Now they'll tell you where the seats are before you purchase.

UncleCharlie
#7TKTS prices
Posted: 11/9/17 at 1:09pm

NYfanfromCA said: "LxGstv said: "I’ve never gotten a ticket for less than $70 at TKTS... for broadway that is, might be cheaper if you go with an off broadway show...

"

This is my experience as well, that the TKTS percentage off is based on the highest price point. I paid $89.50 + $5.00 fee for Anastasia in October 2017 and $79.50 + $3.00 fee for School of Rock in October 2016.
"

Typically, the shows only send their more expensive orchestra and front mezz seats over to TKTS. They don't bother sending $50 balcony seats. But the price is always a % of the actual ticket cost not some arbitrary price point. And a $5.50 fee is always added, $4.50 for tkts and $1 for the Broadway league.

LxGstv
#8TKTS prices
Posted: 11/9/17 at 1:20pm

According to their FAQ...
“Since different shows have different ticket prices (and TKTS does not always get the same seats in the theatre) it’s hard to say what the exact cost will be. In general, a Broadway ticket at the booth, discounted at 50%, will be somewhere between $75 - $95.”

chuckydisc
#9TKTS prices
Posted: 11/9/17 at 9:12pm

Tickets are discounted between 20 and 50 percent, moreso at the latter amount.

40% off example:

regular price: $159

TKTS price: (0.60 * 157) + $2 + $4.5 = $100.70

Sometimes shows will have 2 or even 3 price options depending on seat sections allocated by the show though sometimes just 1 choice.

Note that even though you CAN see what shows are available realtime via the App you can only purchase tickets in person at a TKTS booth.

THDavis Profile Photo
THDavis
#10TKTS prices
Posted: 6/1/22 at 5:33pm

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but the search feature on this message board leaves a lot to be desired.

Nowadays, TKTS and the app will give you the discount percentage as well as the price - sometimes that's even a range of pricing. Are you able to request the lower priced option at the TKTS window if you're trying to save some extra cash? (example: A Strange Loop is showing 50% off as $63-103. Can I ask the representative for two $63 tickets?)

LarryD2
#11TKTS prices
Posted: 6/1/22 at 6:06pm

THDavis said: "Sorry to bring up this old thread, but the search feature on this message board leaves a lot to be desired.

Nowadays, TKTS and the app will give you the discount percentage as well as the price - sometimes that's even a range of pricing. Are you able to request the lower priced option at the TKTS window if you're trying to save some extra cash? (example: A Strange Loop is showing 50% off as $63-103. Can I ask the representative for two $63 tickets?)
"

Yes. When you go to TKTS and request a show, their computer search system always defaults to the best available seat, which is usually in the top price tier. But you can request a specific price tier or area in the theater. Just make it clear up front what you're looking for. 

Updated On: 6/1/22 at 06:06 PM

Videos