News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BudFrump23

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
Member Name: BudFrump23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Musicals due for a revival  Aug 6 2020, 10:25:27 AM

I'd love to see a big-budget mini-series done with LaChiusa's score to Giant. Maybe 3-6 hour long episodes? There's a few musicals that would be lush and vibrant if given the HBO Angels in America treatment. (Caroline, or Change as well.) 

But for shows I'd love to see revived, I long for some reworked classics. 

The Golden Apple

The Grass Harp

Goldilocks 

(see - more Gs) 

Out of This World

The Happy Time

Annie  Dec 12 2015, 10:31:58 AM

This thread reads eerily similar to the most recent episode of The Good Wife . . . 

Stonewall  Aug 5 2015, 06:14:13 PM

I found this article in regards to the movie trailer pretty informative. Let's hope at least Marsha P Johnson plays a large part in this movie. (Not holding my breath.) A quick look at IMDB shows her halfway down the page, played by Otoja Abit. When I first heard about the Stonewall riots, the three older gentlemen talking to me about it focused the story with Marsha, so in my mind at least, she's a key player. 

4 People Missing

Broadway "Bolter" Univited to Future Shows  Dec 8 2014, 06:21:04 PM
I read her piece a while ago, and I'm glad somebody is doing something about it. I'd gladly take her job and review theater for free. (And stay through the show, as 'bad' or 'boring' as it may be...)

Kinky Boots US Tour Video  Aug 21 2014, 05:14:34 PM
KTP understudied Lola on Broadway, and he was amazing! I'm excited that the producers are letting him lead the fantastic tour cast and I think he will do just as incredibly as he did at the Hirschfeld.
Modernized/updated Hammerstein shows?  Jul 3 2014, 09:39:09 PM
Peter Griffin did a pretty great updated version of The King and I. The audience loved it.
Congratulations to A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE on Its Tonys  Jun 12 2014, 02:55:26 AM
Jeff Kready was a spectacular Monty! If one had never seen the show, one would not have been disappointed in the slightest. I've seen many understudies in various roles go on for the first time, and I think that Jeff must have been my favorite. He performed the role as if he'd been playing it for weeks. The audience responded in kind, and I was so happy to hear the people next to me complaining about "the understudy that was in" and wanting their money back, at the end, saying "which one was the
Australian cast of The Lion King entertains on a plane  Apr 1 2014, 10:12:50 AM
"Ladies and gentlemen, what time is it? It's SHOWTIIIIIME!!!"
Songs That Have Moved You To Tears  Mar 13 2014, 11:52:18 AM
"Fifty Percet" as sung by Dorothy Loudon for the Leading Ladies performance.
"Natasha and Pierre" from the recently closed production. Got me every time.
"He Wanted a Girl" from Giant. Hauntingly simple and heartbreaking.
"I Never Know When (To Say When)" from Goldilocks. A beautiful song.
"He's Good For Me" from Seesaw. Oh Michele Lee, I love you!

A Raisin in the Sun Previews  Mar 10 2014, 11:01:18 AM
Apparently the show's first late-seating cue is 40 minutes into Act 1. A friend walked by the theater last Saturday night at around 8:20 and saw at least 15-20 patrons fuming in the outer lobby.
Bad Theater Behavior  Mar 7 2014, 11:45:07 AM
At "Mothers and Sons" last Sunday, I was distracted through half of the show by not one, not two, but three different people eating. The first man opened a bag of chips, proceeded to munch on them for about 10 minutes, and finally finished. He was on the opposite side of the Mezzanine, but everyone on my end could still hear him. Everyone glared at him, and I cannot believe nobody shushed him.

As soon as he finished, a large man a few rows behind me took out HIS snack and began loudly

TITANIC Tonight  Feb 18 2014, 05:25:36 PM
For those who were unable to attend the concert last night, Theatermania has posted the entire opening number. Enjoy!

Rocky Previews  Feb 14 2014, 04:15:33 PM
"It's clear to me that regardless of "clarity," the creative team (and producers) were banking on that final sequence to overpower any negativity and end the experience on a high note."

This made me think of Kinky Boots.

I really enjoyed Rocky. Pretty much in the same boat as Kad with this show. My only annoyance were the pair of "bros" sitting next to me who'd huff and sigh every time a character would start singing. I mean, this is Rocky: The Musical, right?

Rocky Previews  Feb 13 2014, 12:07:40 PM
Just got a pair of tickets for tonight's (new) first preview on TDF. It seems rare when they offer tickets on the day-of.
Should 'Contact' Won The Tony For Best Musical?  Feb 12 2014, 01:51:01 PM
Do you mean should "Contact" HAVE won?
Last night I saw a production of Next to Normal...  Jan 30 2014, 02:29:54 PM
I'm thinking of the revival of Nine in the early 2000's where at the end, Luisa walked back onstage at the last moment with Guido sitting there. In the original, I believe Guido was left alone. This altered the ending of the show, but it was a directorial choice, specific to that production. I love both versions (as they are two different representations of a show and can leave one with incredibly different feelings upon viewing. The magic of theater, folks!)
HipTix for Cabaret are on sale!  Jan 24 2014, 12:22:11 PM
Phone is the best way to go at this point. Waited 15-20 with it rinigng, and got through. The ticket rep was very helpful and kind. The website has put up a notice about the slow site and heavy traffic, but says tickets are still available.
HipTix for Cabaret are on sale!  Jan 24 2014, 11:35:35 AM
Is their ticket sales phone # the same as their Audience Services #? I dialed the latter and got the 3 toned "duh duh duh - we're sorry, the number you have dialed etc." message. I'm guessing it's too jammed.
HipTix for Cabaret are on sale!  Jan 24 2014, 10:40:31 AM
The website is REALLY REALLY slow at the moment. I imagine we are all trying to get our tickets (and half of the NYC hiptix members) so it's slowing their servers.
"The Show Must Go On!'  Jan 21 2014, 05:35:25 PM
With the snow piling up outside in New York City today, I was having a debate with a friend at work about the folks who determine whether or not to cancel a Broadway show due to inclement weather, or any other factors.

I understand that the Producers and all involve stand to lose money when a show isn't performed, but when should the safety of the performers, backstage crew, and theater employees be considered? Many stagehands that I know personally live in Westchester, Jersey, or Long

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You