News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for linklarkinlovesme

Member Name: linklarkinlovesme
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
 Feb 3 2010, 04:04:47 PM

Hey everyone. My boyfriend and I want to see In the Heights with Corbin Bleu in the next few weeks and I am struggling to find tickets that are reasonably priced. My first question is, how is the lottery? I know some shows are harder to win than others, but what are the chances of winning In the Heights lottery and what days/times are the best for winning? Also, I heard rear mezzanine seats are pretty awful and have poor acoustics... what are the furthest seats that are still decent? Any ot

Student Tickets
 Dec 29 2009, 11:19:47 AM
Hi everyone. I have four little cousins who are all under the age of 18. We are interested in going to see a Broadway show, and we have never used student IDs before... we have always paid full price or went to TKTS. I was wondering if student tickets were only for college/university students, or if any student ID would suffice.... middle school ID, high school ID, etc. Thanks!
Student Rush
 Jul 1 2009, 08:40:30 AM

Hey everyone- just a quick question. Spending the day in the city with my three cousins. I am trying to take them to see a show, but two are ten years old, so the choices are limited, they don't have student IDs and money's a bit tight. Of course, they wanted to see Shrek, but tickets are beyond expensive and there are no deals/tkts for the matinee. Since I am the only one with a student ID and the student rush tix are limited to 1 per person, we are kind of in a bind. We are going to do so

A question for Broadway lovers...
 May 20 2009, 06:17:16 PM

Hey everyone- I live in Florida, but will be coming to New York to see some shows the weekend of June 25th. I was just wondering what some of your opinions were on some of the shows playing right now. Which ones should I avoid? Which ones should I run to see? Which do you recommend for student rush and/or standing room?

Also- silly question but.. does anyone know if Bare: A Pop Opera is playing anywhere in NYC? Thanks!

Male Audition Songs for ales who can't sing
 Feb 19 2009, 05:41:59 PM
Hey everyone. My friend is NOT a singer.. he is an actor, but for a summer program, he has to audition with two songs and a monologue. What are some good male audition songs that are character-y, and don't have to sing very well to pull off? He also has no idea what type of voice part he is.. and said he could try anything. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!!

re: Can you think of a show where...
 Jan 20 2009, 02:22:11 PM
Mario Lopez in A Chorus Line.
re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
 Jan 12 2009, 12:34:11 AM

I think it would be terrible, but secretly I would LOVEEEE it.

My thoughts however:

Cheyenne Jackson as Carlisle.
Sutton Foster as Esme.
Lea Michele as Rosalie.
Gavin Creel as Jasper.
Kristen Chenoweth as Alice.

No clue about Emmet,Bella and Edward though.

Chekhov Fans?
 Jan 7 2009, 12:29:51 AM

For Chekhov fans-

What do you think the Swan Song is about? What is the underlying message of this piece and what do you gain from reading it?

Same with the Harmfulness of Tobacco?

Doing an experimental psych project based on literature and chose these works. Would love to hear your reactions.

re: Sticking Foot in Mouth When Meeting Performers
 Jan 4 2009, 10:33:07 PM

My 9 year old cousin is CONVINCED she will marry Cheyenne Jackson. At 9, I don't remember being obsessed with grown MEN, let alone boys. Plus, she knows he likes men and doesn't care. I took her to see Xanadu for her birthday and for weeks she talked about all the stuff she wanted to say to him. She was sure she was going to tell him how much she loved him and how amazing she thought he is. When she met him at the stage door, she screamed in his face. She said NOTHING. Just literally let ou

re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
 Jan 3 2009, 10:00:06 AM

As mentioned earlier, the cast of Xanadu.. the touring cast of Wicked, (especially Clifton Hall)

I was most shocked by Megan Mullaly, while in Young Frankenstein. I heard from fans who had seen the show that she either didn't come to the SD or was rude. The night I went happened to be one of the coldest nights of the year, snowing, raining and a HUGE line of devoted fans out the door and wrapped around the theater. She waited until EVERY fan had an autograph and a picture.

who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Jan 3 2009, 09:46:18 AM

Does anyone know an address where Cheyenne Jackson could be reached? My little cousin is obsessed with Cheyenne (as most are)and for her birthday, I would LOVE to get her something signed by him. What have you written in your notes to actors, in order to get something returned to you?

re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
 Jan 3 2009, 09:21:40 AM

Cheyenne Jackson [insert last name here]

And I actually know someone whose name is LeaMichele. I always found that funny.. although, she still, to this day doesn't know why.

re: Suggestion for a High School show
 Dec 19 2008, 12:22:04 PM
Brigadoon.
West Side Story.
All Shook Up

re: Suggestion for a High School show
 Dec 19 2008, 12:20:50 PM
Beauty and the Beast.

in the heights book errors
 Dec 16 2008, 11:04:24 PM
Hey all- I have recently heard from alot of people that In the Heights struggles with a ton of book errors. I, personally have never seen the show.. and having heard only some of the music, it is difficult to pick up on book errors. Does anyone know what specific errors they are talking about?
holiday gift ideas for the broadway lover
 Dec 14 2008, 01:31:41 PM
Hey all- my best friend is a theatre major and absolutley obsessed with Broadway. I am looking and have been looking for a great holiday gift for her, something that she would really love. The problem is, she basically has EVERYTHING, all the playbill.com merch, all shirts/hoodies/programs/magnets/keychains, everything. So, I thought of getting her something that she would actually be able to use.. a vocal warmup cd. Does anyone know of a really great vocal warmup cd for a female soprano? Do any
re: OBC Beauty and the Beast!
 Dec 4 2008, 05:45:51 PM

Apparently, when you buy the rights from Disney, they make you sign a lengthy contract to do the "magic." It included the Beast's transformation, the rose and a few other "magical things."

OBC Beauty and the Beast!
 Dec 4 2008, 05:33:30 PM

Hey everyone- I have a few questions, that I'm sure some of you guys might know.

First is, did the enchanted rose in Beauty and the Beast, (the original production of it on Broadway,) have petals that fell? Or was it simply swapped out during intermission and scene changes to show the petals falling?

Also, does anyone know exactly how many petals fall from the rose, and if the number of petals is relevant or imperative to the story?

And lastly, I remember t

re: Wicked Green Exilir
 Dec 2 2008, 01:14:44 AM
Thank you all so much. When I worked the show during it's national tour, the stage manager told me that it was indeed Scope mouthwash and a glow stick. I am having great difficulties deciphering what type of bottle to use. All of your suggestions and pictures are great, I am just trying to figure out which one I should construct. Does anyone know what the bottle in this particular video looked like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME-KkRh3bEc

Thanks again! I am also trying to figure out a way to make petals fall on an enchanted rose, if anyone has any ideas on that. Don't want to be a pain, but I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice. You guys are the best!!

Peace, Love & Broadway.

re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
 Nov 29 2008, 09:06:36 AM

I agree Cheyenne should be used SOMEWHERE if they are creating a musical about beauty.. haha. Maybe he should play the young, hot father/doctor Dr. Carlisle Cullen? And.. hmm, for Bella.. I wouldn't even know. But, I would make Sutton Foster the mother. Can you imagine? Cheyenne and Sutton being someone's parents? Haha!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You