News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rodrigo_ca

Member Name: rodrigo_ca
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Big Broadway Hardback Books!  Jan 25 2019, 07:58:21 PM

What's the difference between The Lion King: Pride Rock on Broadway and 20 Years on Broadway and Around the World?

Black Glinda  Jan 12 2019, 04:09:45 PM

bdn223 said:There is no mention of Skin color in any of the Harry Potter Books regarding Hermione....It's actually one of the thorns any of the fans have against JK Rowling for retconning Harry Potter lore and characters to make the books seem more progressive then they are. The original covers of theHarry Potter and the Prisonerof Askabanhave Harry and Hermione riding on ahippogriffon the cover and she is not black.... If it was JK Rowling's true intention for the charac

Extra stuff  Oct 4 2018, 12:22:58 AM

Sorry to interrupt your hauls, but how easy it is to find stuff like scripts around? Especially if I'm not looking for something that much specific?

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Sep 28 2018, 12:03:35 AM

Does anyone else keep getting error #1000 after choosing a date? I've been getting this since the play opened and even if I'm still nowhere near to get to New York, I'd like to be abl to buy tickets when I eventually can

Seeing every possible person play a role in a production  Aug 13 2018, 04:37:38 PM

I did this with the Brazilian production of Wicked. I saw every possible person in each of the roles. I also saw every possible Valjean in the Brazilian revival of Les Mis. I think it was the only ones where I've managed that.

Theoqry about wicked movie  Jul 19 2018, 11:06:37 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "According to its Wikipedia page, prior to its December 2012 release,theLes Mizfilm announced most of its cast in September and October 2011. Rehearsals started in January 2012, then principal photographylasted from March to June 2012.

There's definitely still time for Wickedto be on track for its December 2019 release date, but I remaina bit apprehensivegiven how many special effects will be required for it.
"

Cursed child part 2 before 1?  Jun 22 2018, 08:04:08 PM

Nope

Most complex Stage Management/blocking  Jun 22 2018, 04:02:22 AM

What would happen if a performer absolutely flunks their put-in? As in really, really bad, stumbling on other people, on the stage, on moving pieces. Imagine everything went wrong for this performer.

Are blondes allowed to play Nessarose in Wicked?  Jun 20 2018, 05:16:31 AM

Sure they are. In the Brazilian production of Wicked, one of Nessa's understudies was blonde and she was not wigged (I'm sure the lead and this u/s weren't... not so sure about the other understudy...)

Demi Lovato Wicked  Jun 7 2018, 08:35:48 AM

Dave28282 said: "rodrigo_ca said: "Would your friend tell you this if you were gonna run to publicize it? I don't think so.

My problem with those singer-actors is that if you get an actor who can't sing that much, at least you can do a bit of tweaking on the songs, but there's no special tweaking to one's acting.
"

I'm sorry but you do not understand this artform at all. People like you have been butchering musical movies for years because they fail to understand what this artform, acting through song, is.

What you describe is acting in spite of song. Which makes it cringe worthy, and it makes the audience wonder why they even attempt to sing at all. Acting through song is about the opposite. It is taking a note, embracing it, give it various shades and colors, paint with it, and completely living the note, which translates into the best acting there is. Acting through song. Notes are actors too.

You can't separate these 2, or try to apologize for singing. It makes no sense. There is a reason that Emma Watson in BATB and Hugh Jackman in Les Mis are so cringeworthy. They sing and apologize for it. It hurts the acting.

Therefore you need people for these roles who are storytellers through notes. Instead of in spite of notes.

Demi Lovato could be excellent in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5qULV6x_cE

"

I'm sorry, have you seen her act in anything? Despite your treat on the artform (which was completely uncalled for and just goes along to prove the type of person you are), she won't act in spite nor through the song because, unless she has been taking some serious acting lessons and has been through a dramatic change since she was last seen in her own show, Glee or anything she has been, she just doesn't act. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not rooting for this casting.

Demi Lovato Wicked  Jun 7 2018, 05:35:00 AM

Would your friend tell you this if you were gonna run to publicize it? I don't think so.

My problem with those singer-actors is that if you get an actor who can't sing that much, at least you can do a bit of tweaking on the songs, but there's no special tweaking to one's acting.

JJ Abrams Wicked  May 30 2018, 06:54:47 PM

haterobics said: "In a NYT piece called Confirm or Deny, Mantello said the folowing:

"Nobody should make “Wicked” into a movie while it’s still selling out on Broadway and in road shows.

Confirm."

Not that the director of the show has any say on when the movie should be made/released.
"

Not that we're that well served with it, but if they waited for Phantom to be on its way out before ma

Lion King in Japan with all Asian cast.  May 28 2018, 06:25:24 AM

Dancingthrulife2 said: "would you actually hire people from other countries and teach them a new language so they can perform in the production for a few months?"

this is exactly what happened at the Brazilian and Mexican productions of The Lion King, both directed by Taymor herself. The two productions had a number of performers from African countries, including all the women playing Rafiki

Will  May 19 2018, 06:14:48 AM

There's plenty of time for this movie to be ready before Dec 2019. Mamma Mia 2 was announced roughly one year before the release date, with cast still signing deals throughout last year. Wicked have less complicated dance sequences and we don't really know how much of CGI will be involved. If they finish filming by Dec 2018, they have more time for CGI than say, Avengers: Infinity War, which was a bit heavy on the CGI. Just because they aren't announcing every single step

Pittsburgh community theater cancels BIG FISH over inclusion of gay characters  May 17 2018, 02:25:59 AM

I'm shocked and disgusted that a gay couple walking on stage during 30 seconds carrying a child caused so much trouble in 2000 bloody 18

Jim Parsons tripped onstage today  May 13 2018, 11:05:56 PM

How do you even rehearse with someone who will only be able to rehearse again God knows when and keep them up to the changes in the show in the minimal possibility they need to go on during previews? It's just not going to happen.

Paulo Szot in Evita in Australia  May 7 2018, 12:49:39 AM

I saw him in My Fair Lady and all I can ask if for someone to bring this to me

Frozen Cast Recording  Mar 28 2018, 08:40:23 PM

gypsy101 said: "they haven't?? what about those new songs that they've released?"

I wouldn't be surprised if they even re-record those songs for the cast album

My Sincerest Apologies  Mar 19 2018, 07:33:21 PM

As Elsa will be belting 150 years from now on the stage of the St. James Theatre, let it go, let it go.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews  Mar 18 2018, 04:11:05 AM

sorano916 said: "adamgreer said: "Speaking of the fandom, are people going to see this in costume? Cosplay and costumes are a big part of this fandom."

Many people had Harry Potter-theme t-shirts or scarves. I saw a good number of people with robes. There were also a handful in full costume... There were at least three Newt Scamanders around even if he's not in this storyline at all. LOL.

I would have to agree withPandarus1

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You