News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for IAMREADING

Member Name: IAMREADING
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Oct 4 2020, 01:33:32 PM

Erika Henningsen said on Stars In The House that this was filmed :) 

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Jun 24 2020, 11:22:35 AM

postponed to spring according to deadline, playbill

(updated link) The Lincoln Center Theater productions of Flying Over Sunset and the Intimate Apparel opera will now open Spring 2021. https://www.playbill.com/article/lincoln-center-theater-reschedules-flying-over-sunset-and-intimate-apparel-opera-for-2021

Song Suggestions about self doubt?  Nov 2 2021, 08:42:55 AM
What’s Wrong With Me? from Mean Girls
Hadestown tickets (Seatgeek)  Sep 5 2021, 04:25:45 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "How do you select “box office only”? I’m not seeing that option anywhere. "

Are you using the app? I don’t see it in there either but on my mobile web browser it pops up right away (official box office + verified resale, select this and a drop down appears) before you select a quantity. Try using SeatGeek from the web browser or a computer 

Hadestown tickets (Seatgeek)  Sep 4 2021, 04:32:21 PM

I think there is also some demand-based (or date-based?) pricing at play. For example, selecting "Official Box Office Only" for Thursday September 16 7pm has Orchestra Center Row D Seat 113 for $299 (plus $22 fees); the SAME seat ["Official Box Office Only"] is $249 (plus $20 fees) for Wednesday, October 13th at 7:30pm.

Having trouble embedding image but here are screenshots side-by-side (by side!)

This Is Broadway Campaign & Website Showing Every Open Show  Aug 30 2021, 11:56:49 AM

The video: https://youtu.be/vFIvsNJShYQ

Cameron Mackintosh transphobic comments  Aug 27 2021, 08:52:31 PM

Alexander Lamar said: "There’s a difference between casting a trans actor and making a character trans as a plot point but he’s a ****ing idiot and probably doesn’t realize that.”

Exactly lol.. he seems to think the character would then have to explain themselves

This Is Broadway Campaign & Website Showing Every Open Show  Aug 27 2021, 02:50:14 PM

Broadway producers are joining forces with one another, with unions, and even with Oprah Winfrey to urge potentially jittery theatergoers back into seats, with a new marketing campaign called “This Is Broadway” set to launch on Monday.

A centerpiece of the campaign, which is sponsored by the Broadway League, will be a two-and-a-half-minute video featuring past and current Broadway shows – around 100 in all – melding current and archival clips encompassing 735 stars (including Hugh Jackman, Bruce Springsteen, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Sara Bareilles, Billy Porter, Angela Lansbury, Ethel Merman, James Earl Jones and Denzel Washington).

The video, narrated by Winfrey, is a dazzling montage of Broadway past and present – emphasis on present – and includes audio samples of musical numbers from current shows The Lion King, Hamilton, The Phantom of the Opera, David Byrne’s American Utopia andWicked, along with beloved classics including, among others, Angela Lansbury singing “Everything’s Coming Up Roses” Patti LuPone belting “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina”, Elaine Stritch “Ladies Who Lunch”....

According to the League, the effort marks the first time that the archival footage was made available to the industry, an accomplishment made possible through an agreement between producers and key labor unions, all designed to repopulate Broadway’s theaters after what will be by September the 18-month Covid shutdown.

The video campaign will begin its roll-out on Monday, appearing on screens throughout New York City’s subway and bus stations, in taxis, and a Times Square electronic cube. Though targeted toward East Coasters with an existing taste for theater (“This is Broadway and we can’t wait to welcome you home,” Winfrey says at the end), the video’s reach will expand beyond the five boroughs with placement on major social media platforms and media sites.

Also part of the League’s campaign (which The New York Times has reported cost $1.5 million) is website:

New Website https://thisisbroadway.org

•  
    • • descriptions of current Broadway shows
    • • links to ticket sales
    • • information about Covid safety protocols (all 41 Broadway venues require proof of vaccination and the wearing of masks).
  • • A recommendation engine built on five years of data and ticket sale information, and will have the capability to make accurate show recommendations.
  • • The website also will house the campaign film and real time updates regarding Broadway’s return.

August 30 lighting of the Empire State Building

Launch of a League-sponsored contest in which one winner will receive four tickets to every Broadway show in the 2021-2022 season. The prize covers 37 shows, with a total value of $18,000. Details to follow.

Source: https://deadline.com/2021/08/this-is-broadway-marketing-campaign-oprah-winfrey-video-1234823240/

The website is cool!

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Aug 25 2021, 03:55:13 PM

The GMA crowd....?! Was that open to the public and only like 20 people stopped to watch? lol

Obsessed w the cast hyping up Lillias White... as they should!

PASS OVER Reviews  Aug 22 2021, 06:10:53 PM

‘Pass Over’ opens — the first Broadway play in what feels like forever. And it’s funny and poignant. (Washington Post)

Review: ‘Pass Over’ Comes to Broadway, in Horror and Hope (New York Times Critic's Pick)

Time Out (4/5 stars)

BWW is compiling here: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Review-Roundup-PASS-OVER-Opens-on-Broadway-What-Are-the-Critics-Saying-20210822 

Broadway League: Grosses will not be reported this season  Aug 10 2021, 01:01:02 PM

bear88 said: "If a long-running Broadway institution like Phantom of the Operais playing to rows of empty seats every night, people will talk. Same with a hyped new show like Six or a famous revival like Company."

Six could be in a unique position where they are selling almost out, but the seats are empty, because most of the tickets are on StubHub. However, if the ticket scalpers purchase the tickets scattered across multiple

Delta Variant and Broadway  Jul 26 2021, 12:40:01 PM

jlindsey865 said: "I am so encouraged that NYC announced this morning that vaccines will be required for city employees."

Unfortunately, I don't think this is true. It is vaccine or take a weekly COVID test. 

Delta Variant and Broadway  Jul 24 2021, 07:02:00 PM

blaxx said: "Sutton Ross said: "Their plan on Broadway is to send the person home and go on with the show. They won't cancel shows. "

That's not even a plan; no real business dependent on a dozen or so performers will have an only route to send the infected home and somehow keep moving on with the show. That's a recipe for disaster.
"

I think baseball is doing this now? Positive team members are isolated, but the team continue

Delta Variant and Broadway  Jul 21 2021, 10:32:47 AM

Today in The Hollywood Reporter: Broadway's Reopening Fears Amid COVID-19
- Jordan Roth/Jujamcyn Theaters requiring vax at Pass Over
- Springsteen and Pass Over have 2 people in the cast; bigger test will be shows like Wicked and Lion King with up to 125 cast and crew members
- possibility of theatres having unvaccinated, masked patron sections 

• “There’s so much we still don’t know,” says Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin. “We know that the state at this point has given us the go-ahead to open with the guidelines that the audience does not have to be masked if they’ve been vaccinated. You can have unvaccinated people with masks sitting in their own special section. It will depend upon the theater.”

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21  May 10 2021, 12:59:10 PM

they seem to have dropped MRS. from the title or at least the branding, although not reflected everywhere.. the twitter bio links to http://doubtfirebroadway.com which redirects to https://mrsdoubtfirebroadway.com

New casting for shows reopening  May 9 2021, 01:07:17 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "I was checking various show websites for castings, and Chicago has this under their cast header:

“CHECK BACK SOON! A real bombshell announcement is right around the corner.”
"

Megan Hilty and Kat McPhee as Roxie and Velma?

We See You White American Theatre  May 3 2021, 01:46:30 PM

joevitus said: "MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "The "WeSeeYouWhiteBroadway" account is calling on artists to resign or step down from....what exactly? There is no Broadway right now (this is about Broadway right? Hard to tell sometimes with how unorganized it is. Jaime Cepero hasnt even been on Broadway?), and many of the people tagged are not involved with any project right now.

For some reason Sutton has tons of negative comments on her instagram post...yet o

Vaccine Passports  Apr 30 2021, 12:20:16 PM

New York's current passport https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/excelsior-pass only includes people vaccinated/tested in New York state. This should be expanded to include other states if it will be used for Broadway since people may be tourists, or residents who left NY for pandemic and have now returned.

Is Lin growing out his hair in preparation to reopen Hamilton?  Apr 29 2021, 06:46:32 PM

This is a good theory!! The part where he couldn't wait to cut it after leaving because he doesn't like long hair sold me. By now in the pandemic, if he really didn't like long hair he could have gotten it cut or trimmed.

NYC Plans To Fully Reopen On July 1, Bill de Blasio says  Apr 29 2021, 10:39:49 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Yeah the whole ordering drinks at the seat thing means everyone is gonna have to play “pass the snack” for 15 minutes back and forth. Not a fan."

haha yikes I didn't think of that.. I have been too focused on how I can go to the bathroom and receive the drink

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You