News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for veraclaythorne2

veraclaythorne2 Profile Photo
Member Name: veraclaythorne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SpongeBob the Musical: Viewing Thread  Dec 9 2019, 10:20:24 AM

bpstar said: "As I watched this on Amazon last night, I kept thinking "where are their microphones" as I didn't see one the entire show. Anyone know if they were singing live?"

I noticed Gavin Lee had a wire going up into his wig, it looked like (when he's being told by the mayor that he's the concert organizer). I remember on Bway a lot of mic packs were in the wigs, but the mics themselves were sometimes noticeable.

Biggest Tony upset of all time?  Mar 19 2019, 04:46:47 PM

There was a doc released, called ShowBusiness: The Road to Broadway, covering that musical season. I don't know if it's readily available these days.

Scarlet Leigh said: "The Wicked/Avenue Q year could have entire documentaries written about it. In fact, gosh I wish someone would make an account of that season and that race cus I would watch the CRAP outta it! There is so much that goes into that year and that race that is both interesting and infuriating

Tattoos on Broadway  Mar 7 2019, 07:01:30 PM

Lilli Cooper has a forearm tattoo that was noticeable during SpongeBob, although not distractingly so. 

The Official TDF Thread  Feb 26 2019, 02:00:20 PM

FROZEN is up for Tues-Thurs of next week.

Shipping Window Cards?  Feb 24 2019, 01:04:23 PM

I am having a good ole Broadway clear out and am struggling on how to mail out window cards safely. I tried finding threads, but most seemed to be about framing or traveling with them.

Any advice?

Thank you!

If you could go back to one performance...  Nov 19 2018, 10:44:51 AM

Performance I saw: THE PILLOWMAN at The Cottesloe, National Theatre

Ones I didn't: Bowie in THE ELEPHANT MAN, the original run of STREETCAR, or original run of SWEENEY TODD. 

What show have you seen the most times?  Nov 12 2018, 07:46:44 AM

Bwayfan292 said: "veraclaythorne2 said: "SpongeBob -33(No regrets.)

The ones right behind it:

Cabaret (1998 revival) - 6

Hamilton and Twelfth Night (2013 - also saw it in London 3x in 10 yrs)- 5

American Psycho and The Color Purple revival - 4

AP might have been up there in competition with SB had it not closed.
"

How does one see a show 33 times without getting bored? Do you focus on new things each

What show have you seen the most times?  Nov 11 2018, 08:07:35 PM

SpongeBob -33  (No regrets.)

The ones right behind it: 

Cabaret (1998 revival) - 6

Hamilton and Twelfth Night (2013 - also saw it in London 3x in 10 yrs) - 5 

American Psycho and The Color Purple revival - 4

AP might have been up there in competition with SB had it not closed. 

What is the best Stage Performance You Have Ever Seen?  Nov 5 2018, 02:08:29 PM

My first reaction: Cynthia Erivo in THE COLOR PURPLE. None of the praise I'd heard could prepare me for her. Absolutely stunning. 

I would add Mark Rylance in TWELFTH NIGHT (take your pick - Middle Temple 2002, Globe 2002/2012, Bway)

Guy Henry in KING JOHN for the RSC. 

Jim Broadbent (hell, the whole original cast) in THE PILLOWMAN. 

Andrew Scott in HAMLET. 

Definitely echo some of the others here: Jefferson Mays in I AM MY OWN WIFE,

Selling lots of Broadway stuff...  Nov 2 2018, 05:47:29 PM

S/o to the person who swiped the AMERICAN PSYCHO Business Card/USB at the last possible second. 

Hrmph.

Ah well - C'est la vie!

Congrats on so many very successful auctions, haterobics!

What is the best show you have ever seen  Aug 7 2018, 10:49:48 AM
Plays:

Twelfth Night at Middle Temple/The Globe (2002,2012),Broadway 2013

The Pillowman (original London production)

Elling (2007,London)

Musicals:

Cabaret 1998 revival
The Producers (2001)
Hamilton (OBC,summer 2015)
American Psycho (2016)
Sunday In The Park With George (2017)
SpongeBob SquarePants (2017)

I echo the "Sweeney Todd in any form" sentiment, and I think the current off-Bway one is fantastic.

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS closing Sept.16  Jul 9 2018, 08:52:26 AM

RippedMan said: "Uh, without a doubt choose Dolly. I hated every second of this show, but thought it was well-done, but just a mis-fire from the beginning. So many of those songs should have been cut. I don't get why the guy who wrote "Bikini Bottom Day" didn't just write the whole score. Was anyone really showing up to hear a David Bowie song (that was awful)?"

The inclusion of Bowie was literally the reason the show came on my radar at all. I assu

HEAD OVER HEELS Previews  Jun 26 2018, 12:48:22 PM

I was there last night via TDF, and was in Orch Row B. The folks in front of me said they had rushed, and numerous others in the front row chimed in, so it seems that that's where the rush tix are. It's a bit too close, in my opinion, but for the price, I imagine it's worth it. Show was ridiculous, a little long, but we had a blast. 

Spongebob Review  Jun 24 2018, 10:19:19 AM

Miles2Go2 said: "I also enjoyed the music much more in the show. I have casually enjoyed the cast recording, but I appreciated it much more while in the audience.

One other question: i need to go back and listen to the OBCR, but it sounded like some parts of the songs’ notes have been lowered to perhaps Ethan’s more natural range in comparison to the OBCR. It did not dampen my enjoyment of the show, but I did notice sometimes he would for instance start off in

Favorite Moments of the 2017/2018 Season  Jun 20 2018, 02:12:34 PM

Walking into Bikini Bottom for the first time back during the first week of previews, and getting to witness Ethan Slater giving one of those performances that puts him on my "I must see everything he does now and forever" list.

Glenda Jackson and Laurie Metcalf tearing it up in Three Tall Women.

Harry Potter: The feeling of being a dorky fan again,. When certain characters (not going to spoil) showed up, I had visceral, even physical reactions. One passed my aisle sea

So, tell us about yourself.  Jun 20 2018, 09:55:18 AM

I'm a mid-thirties New Yorker who's been seeing shows since I was 3 years old. I have studied drama since high school, and have worked in admin and production as well as on house staff for various NYC non-profit theaters. Now I am a theater teacher.

I try to see just about everything (thanks TDF!), and generally prefer Sondheim and darkly-comic plays and musicals, so the fact that the SpongeBob SquarePants musical is my newest favorite still surprises me, but I've learned t

Popular shows you haven't seen....by choice?  Jun 19 2018, 01:05:09 PM

Born and raised in NYC, seeing shows for 30+ years...still have no desire to see Phantom.

Was excited for Book of Mormon when it was first announced, but the cast album did nothing for me, and I still haven't tried to see it. 

Took me 13 years to find a reason to see Wicked (Rachel Tucker), so who knows, maybe a cast change will get me to these two shows eventually!

Ethan slater -on or off?  Jun 3 2018, 05:20:20 PM

I don't know the actual reasons for him being out lately, but I know he's been on vocal rest at various points in the run, and some of the notes in his songs were lowered a while back. I can't imagine how he gets through the physical demands of the role along with everything else. 7 months of that is intense. Even when I noticed he was sick, he was still giving 110% on stage, so it absolutely has to be taking its toll. 

I noticed they are dropping Sunday evening shows

Best Actor in a Musical 2018  May 31 2018, 11:50:22 AM

JudyDenmark said: "I'm rooting for Ethan Slater. Of the four nominees, he's the only one who is truly the star of his show... and while all three other men are very talented and are giving exceptional performances, I think Slater is the most irreplaceable. He's really a quadruple threat... I feel like he must do 100 pull-ups a day to be able to physically handle that role.

If not him, then I'm hoping for Haddon-Paton who I thought was pretty perfect in MFL.

The Official TDF Thread  May 30 2018, 07:48:24 PM

vedahanks said: "Anxiously awaiting a new batch of Spongebob tix to be added. Last date they had sold out last night. C'mon June 10th tix!!

I'll post if I see new dates added -- in case anyone cares!laugh
"

I care! I finally convinced various friends to go see it, and it disappears from TDF! If it's a reflect

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You