News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for barts

barts Profile Photo
Member Name: barts
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The How I Paid For College appreciation thread
 Feb 19 2005, 01:18:48 AM
JC, you might pick up Joe Keenan's "Blue Heaven." In an interview Acito said that it is one of the books that influenced him the most (the other was "Bridget Jones's Diary"). You might also try "Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress" by Susan Jane Gilman, who's a female Marc Acito. Happy reading. Bart
re: zanna coming to b'way
 Nov 14 2004, 12:52:20 PM
Just a reminder (because I posted it here last week): Tim Acito's cousin Marc is reading from his book "How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship and Musical Theater" (which VeuveCliquot--my favorite beverage if you ever need to buy me a gift--called "brillaint") this Thursday (11/1 at 7:30 at Barnes & Noble-Greenwich Village.

That was a mouthful and I should bill Mr. Acito for PR services since I've been pushing his readin

Author Reading
 Nov 13 2004, 05:52:48 PM
I just read in the NY Press that Marc Acito, author of "How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship and Musical Theater" is reading at the Barnes & Noble on 6th Avenue on Thursday Nov. 18 at 7:30 PM.

This is my favorite book of the past year (I have already bought six copies to give away as gifts this Xmas) and I'll certainly be there. Hopefully, others will turn out too to hear this marvelous story of high school theater folks.

re: zanna coming to b'way
 Nov 7 2004, 11:22:16 PM
I loved Zanna Don't and am thrilled that it's finally going to come to Broadway. BTW, creator Tim Acito is the cousin of Marc Acito, author of my current favorite book, How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship and Musical Theater. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it because it is laugh out loud funny. And let's keep our fingers crossed for Zanna. In today's difficult B'way climate, any producer that can get a show mounted deserves a round of applause.

BTW, I p

Midtown Hotels
 Oct 6 2004, 12:31:04 AM
I am coming to NYC for a November weekend of shows and am looking for a hotel suggestion. Reasonably priced, clean, close to theater district. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
 Sep 26 2004, 03:49:47 PM
I was and still proudly carry my card in my wallet (it's gotten pretty mashed by now). That's why I got so excited about this new book I read called How I Paid for College by Marc Acito. It's all about high school thespians and how much fun they have. Those were the best times of my life and I laughed out loud many times as I read it remembering how wonderful it was to be young and in the theater.
re: The current Miss Saigon Tour!?
 Sep 26 2004, 03:44:27 PM
Considering it's a non-Equity tour, it was surprisingly good.
re: How I Paid for College...a new book
 Sep 17 2004, 09:46:17 PM
Sorry about that. It's www.MarcAcito.com.
re: How I Paid for College...a new book
 Sep 17 2004, 09:36:54 PM
I don't know if she's a shill or not but I read and LOVED this book and think that anyone who reads this message board will love it too. It's about high school kids who dream of being in the professional theater (sound like any of you?). It's also about love, friendship, blossoming sexuality and all the issues that affected us when we were teenagers. I don't blame you for being skeptical but I still recommend that you read it and then decide. BTW, the author's website has the first chapter poste
A Laugh Out Loud Book About Theater
 Sep 8 2004, 12:32:03 PM
I recently read "How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship and Musical Theater" and LOVED it. It's about a sexually confused teen who enlists his friends to help him steal the money to pay for Juilliard when his father refuses to pay. The characters are all play people (like I was) and much of the story revolves around Broadway and high school musicals. It is touching and poignant and laugh out loud funny. This story is about us! The author's website (www.MarcAcito.com) has t
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You