News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RJ14

Member Name: RJ14
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2022 Tony Sondheim tribute wishlist
 May 9 2022, 08:25:12 PM

They won't do a long tribute because of time restrictions. My best bet is a song during Memoriam. Will be either Somewhere (for the 100th time), Send in The Clown, or Our Time (Like the Olivier)

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME/Britney Spears musical to play pre-Broadway Chicago engagement
 Mar 12 2019, 05:43:44 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "RJ14 said: "Imagine Tony Award winner Britney Spears tho. "

Lol you know...I wouldn't be mad at it. For what tho? Producer?

"

Yeah producing credit is the most likely. But for her to win it would be for Best Musical so less likely lol

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME/Britney Spears musical to play pre-Broadway Chicago engagement
 Mar 12 2019, 05:34:10 PM

Imagine Tony Award winner Britney Spears tho. Love it.

i remember Jerry Mitchell was involved in this. What happened there. I think Britney will heavily involved in this. She went to a reading like last year if i remember correctly

MARY POPPINS RETURNS
 Dec 11 2018, 08:32:37 AM
just listened to the soundtrack, I love it, the orschestra is to die for, but none of the songs really stand out to me. Maybe that's why no songs in the movie were nominated for the golden globe.

But does anyone notice the switching from live vocals to the studio vocals in some songs? Those were very distracting.

Moulin Rouge Officially coming to Broadway June 2019
 Nov 19 2018, 09:27:46 AM

meh @ no cast change. I was hoping they would change the 2 leads. Aaron and Karen have no chemistry at all. 

Les Miz gunshots
 Oct 7 2018, 02:14:00 PM
There’re lots of gunshots during the battles obviously but the one where Valjean shot the gun up to the sky after releasing Javert was really loud
A Star Is Born review. WOW!
 Oct 5 2018, 11:06:46 AM

I saw the movie last night and it was great. Gaga is surprisingly good in the role, her voice is in amazing shape. She gives a very authentic, emotional and relatable character. Bradley Cooper stole the show here, amazing directing and acting performance. I found the movie kinda long at the end, it would have been even better if they cut some scenes out.

The movie will surely be nominated for lots of Oscars including Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Director, Song, Sounds an

Spielberg's West Side Story
 Oct 2 2018, 12:46:44 PM

SomethingPeculiar said: "It will be interesting if he shifts any of the song placementlike in the 1961 movie, or if the adaptation is based entirely on Arthur Laurents' libretto. My guess is that he's ignoring the '61 film."

Mark Harris, Kushner's husband keeps insisting that this movie will be the adaptation of the stage show and not the remake of the '61 movie so I take that as the indication of the direction they are going for.

Wha

Beto O'Rourke DID NOT Like the Will Rogers Follies Back in 1991
 Oct 2 2018, 12:32:36 PM

That man is not only smart but actually has taste? Texans better vote him in

Company London
 Oct 2 2018, 11:29:16 AM

This production must transfer! 

Bobby as the girl works so well newcomers won't realize the lead was written as male.

The rewrite works too. Does anyone know if Sondheim rewrote it? Jonathan Bailey really nailed "Not Getting Married Today". "Being Alive" proves to be one of the best thing Sondheim ever written musically and lyrically delivered so wonderfully by Rosalie Craig. The only number that doesn't work so well is "An

A real star is born
 Oct 2 2018, 11:20:18 AM

this is how you sing Star Spangled Banner. Take notes Fergie!

Spielberg's West Side Story
 Oct 2 2018, 11:18:28 AM

IMO Tony is one of the blandest lead male character in musical theatre. No offence to Ansel but I think he'll fit the role perfectly.

Having seen Ben Platt's audition tape and his 'Somewhere' performance on the Grammys, I don't want to see West Side Story staring Evan Hansen. I don't know if he can't get Evan out of his head or he portrays Evan as himself but his performance was not good at all.

New Mary Poppins Returns Trailer!
 Sep 17 2018, 12:06:10 PM
The movie poster looks very similar to My Fair Lady’s movie poster. Funny considering the history between the 2 movies.
New Mary Poppins Returns Trailer!
 Sep 17 2018, 10:17:58 AM

welp I cried a little. It's amazing they keep the 2D animation. This trailer is just magical

Breaking:Laura Benanti to Join ‘My Fair Lady’ on Broadway
 Aug 23 2018, 10:07:25 AM

Ms. Benanti, a favorite of audiences and critics, will step into the role on Oct. 23, succeeding Lauren Ambrose, who is leaving to shoot a television show.

Ms. Benanti, like Ms. Ambrose, will play the role seven times a week, opposite Harry Hadden-Paton as Higgins, through Feb. 17. On Tuesday nights, Kerstin Anderson will play Eliza.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/23/theater/laura-benanti-my-fair-lady-broadway.html

Need song and dance song suggestions for talent competitions
 Aug 13 2018, 02:19:50 AM

Singin' In The Rain!!

Mamma Mia-- the Bollywood Musical
 Jul 22 2018, 12:41:25 PM
Watch Meryl Streep get nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globe next year for 5 mins cameo. I wouldn’t complain
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (Reactions Thread)
 Jul 21 2018, 11:58:12 PM
I love this timeline where a Mamma mia movie has higher Rotten tomatoes score than Les Mis and Into The woods
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (Reactions Thread)
 Jul 17 2018, 02:26:59 PM

They will make Mamma Mia 3 with Sophie finding out if Fernando is her real grandfather, won't they? 

"Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again" Official Soundtrack Listing + Confirmation of Rumor
 Jul 14 2018, 02:41:24 PM
Anyone feel weird that there’s absolutely no press interview for this movie? The movie’s out in few days.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You