News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBeebe

Member Name: BroadwayBeebe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beetlejuice to the Barrymore?  Feb 28 2020, 01:19:12 PM
I wonder if the schedule of Timbers is a possible factor in how possible this is. If they want to reopen in a new space as soon as possible they are right in what I’m predicting will be a busy awards season where he will be occupied with Moulin Rouge.

I personally didn’t care for it, but I am rooting for it to move with the continued success it has found. And I can only imagine the press opportunity of having the cast, led by Brightman, in costume marching the legion of enthusiastic fa

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 20 2020, 12:12:25 PM
A bit out of the box from conventional broadway, but it did play the Cort... All of Darren Brown Secret, but especially the final act of the evening.
Mystery of Edwin Drood - Voting Logistics  Dec 16 2019, 09:50:15 AM
There are 5 options for Datchery- Helena, Bazzard, Neville, Rosa, and Crisparkle. The cast “votes” Drood dead shortly before this so that is not an option and all the other principal characters appear on stage at the same time as Datchery which eliminates them from being options.
Mystery of Edwin Drood - Voting Logistics  Dec 16 2019, 12:14:08 AM
Having done Drood as Chairman within the last year and having used all the different ending options, I can concur that the makeup of the audience definitely had an impact on the proceedings. Helena and Bazzard were the most voted Datchery, Rosa the most voted Murderer, and Puffer and Deputy and Helena and Neville being the most voted lover pairs. It is the instruction of the script to have Datchery and Lovers by round of applause and when it was close to call as it often was, I would always take
SpongeBob Musical airs on Nickelodeon December 7th  Nov 19 2019, 05:37:34 PM

Luminaire2 said: "So far. It looks like it’s basically the tour set, am I crazy? "

Based on what I’ve seen, it seems to live somewhere between the Broadway and Tour set. It’s missing the broadway platform units that created the second level and the foley artist is in the tour location. However the ramps appear to be restored that were not present at my tour stop. Things that were practical on Broadway that were reduced to projection for tour ap

Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?  Oct 23 2019, 06:06:23 PM
Not Broadway, but I could see him succeeding Groff in Little Shop off-broadway.
Original cast of THE SPONGEBOB MUSICAL to film show for Nickelodeon?  Oct 17 2019, 12:34:54 PM
I think the eclectic nature of the score means that we will be getting pretty much the whole show, but maybe extended numbers will have some interior cuts as they do in small places on the tour. I can’t imagine the various composers or their estates will let their song be cut for what is subjectively the show’s most widespread release.
Moulin Rouge Previews  Jun 27 2019, 01:44:56 PM
Mine still says pending for tomorrow night, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that means I might be on a waitlist?
 Jun 26 2019, 04:04:22 PM

little_sally said: "CurtainPullDowner said: "little_sally said: "CurtainPullDowner said: "The LYCEUM could use some new Ghosts."

Is that a Follies reference?
"

No, think more Holiday Spirits.

"

Oh, that's kind of exciting.
"

I’m really hoping this is the Jefferson Mays version that got raves on the West Coast. 

2019 Drama Desk Nominations  Jun 2 2019, 07:43:44 PM

Is any platform streaming the awards tonight for those who want to watch? I can't seem to find it this year

The Prom, Tootsie or Burn This?  May 10 2019, 06:44:05 PM
Haven’t seen Burn This, but vastly preferred The Prom to Tootsie.
Broadway Real Estate for the 2019-2020 season  Apr 24 2019, 08:04:14 PM
When I saw Oklahoma an employee of Circle in the Square alluded that it was unlikely to extend as something already has the space booked for the upcoming holiday season.
Ryan Murphy To Develop Film Adaptation Of THE PROM For Netflix  Apr 10 2019, 09:51:43 AM
This is excellent strategy leading into awards season. The fact that it’s been picked up for an alternate format tells people that the pieces of the puzzle are good enough and strong enough to move it forward. The article listed above seems to shoot for a September 2020 release which is probably when the 1st national would be starting to hit the road. Think about the marketing strategy there for Road Votes. The big Netflix adaption is premiering just weeks or months before it hits stages in your
BEETLEJUICE Previews  Mar 29 2019, 10:31:24 AM
As someone who “attacked” the first preview let me clarify. As I said before there are some good things going on here and the evening is not a total wash. It’s just not currently an evening I’d pay more than the $33.33 I paid for it tonight. Yes, the people around me seemed to be having a good time, but first preview audiences are generally more vocal than other nights. There is something going on there, but for me personally the score, Brightman, and some structuring drag down the evening. I wa
BEETLEJUICE Previews  Mar 29 2019, 12:15:34 AM

Larkinfon said: "Was also there tonight. Woof....In short, the show needs an exorcism. F you Laurence."

I just spat out my cookie on the train.... LAURENCE! Truly one of the biggest WTF moments of the evening. Thanks for the laugh, Larkinfon!

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Mar 29 2019, 12:05:30 AM
Whizzer brilliantly summed it perfectly. The second act was honestly worse than the first and Brightman... between the writing and his interpretation he is the weakest link in the evening in my opinion. Never in my life would I have thought that Beetlejuice would end with a megamix and streamers, but alas that’s just one example at some of the misguided work here.

In short, How dare Alex Brightman as Dewey Finn as Beetlejuice take the name of our Dolly Levi in vain. Not once, but twic

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Mar 28 2019, 09:26:42 PM
Intermission Thoughts:
This still needs a lot of work.
Dewey Finn never left the building as Brightman plays Beetlejuice almost the same through the whole thing thus far.
McClure and Butler are so damn charming and trying their best. Caruso is very good and I’m enjoying her voice.
Bravo to the design team as that’s the big positive thus far.
No song list in program but so far it’s hit and miss.
The jokes are funny but it feels like easy cheap shots.
The effects

Have a Spot Open  Mar 28 2019, 03:44:51 PM
Another vote for The Prom from me.
Oklahoma! lottery  Mar 24 2019, 12:39:01 AM
Won for the 8pm performance and was seated in B413 and B415. I thought the view was really fantastic and I thought the whole evening was thrilling and a thought provoking take on the material.
Gary: A Sequel To Titus Andronicus Previews  Mar 18 2019, 10:35:01 PM
I went out the doors to 45th tonight and did not pass an usher with an additional insert.

TDF seating location- F 116 in the orchestra. Yay for an Aisle!

This is one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen, but I think I loved it. It was very funny, but I found that it had a lot of interesting ideas and things to say. It does feel a tad long at times, but the performances make the evening. Now that I’ve seen it, I would have been curious to see Martin as Janice, but I don’t kno

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You