News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hedwigbway

hedwigbway Profile Photo
Member Name: hedwigbway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Audra officially only doing 6 shows a week.
 Jun 22 2016, 11:15:54 AM

She wasn't scheduled to be out yesterday. Telecharge called customers yesterday to let them know. There was also a huge line for returns, so I don't think anyone knew in advance.

Audra officially only doing 6 shows a week.
 Jun 21 2016, 09:53:32 PM

Stopped by the Music Box b.o. today. Audra and Billy were out of the show. They were also selling rush for $40 again.

The Official TDF Thread
 Jun 21 2016, 10:14:39 AM

Melissa25 said: "Shuffle without Audra is up for the Wed matinee tomorrow.

Also now up for tomorrow evening when Audra will be performing

Actors who never stage door/sign
 Jun 16 2016, 06:02:35 PM

When I saw American Psycho the week of closing, everyone but Ben and Alice came out within 30 minutes of the show ending. After that they removed the barricades, which prompted most of the people waiting to leave. I stayed with a few others and Alice came out about 20 minutes later with a sharpie ready. She spent a lot of time with each person there and took pictures. She must only stage door when it's not a rushed mob scene. 

Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
 Jun 7 2016, 12:00:56 PM

ANewBrainn said: "Does this mean I finally have to get over the fact that Hedwig closed and go back to the Belasco

"

This. Going back to the Belasco to see Blackbird made me a tad emotional. But I really do love the Belasco ( one of my favorite Broadway theaters) and I'm excited to return to see DEH. 

Is the app TodayTix reliable?
 Jun 5 2016, 05:17:48 PM

I'm pretty sure the shows they concierge do not partner with them, which is why you pick up your tickets with them and not the box office. The shows they sell which have you pick up at the box office ARE partners. 

Even if they do not have an official partnership with most Broadway shows, I would definitely say they are reliable. I've also found the $10 fee they charge per ticket to be slightly cheaper than the fees of Telecharge and Ticketmaster. Of course, those sites le

The Humans - Rush/Limited View
 Jun 3 2016, 12:33:20 PM

Please let us know how the view is! 

Hamilton Lottery
 May 21 2016, 10:24:22 AM

I do wish that they ran their lottery like The Lion King's, where you enter the night before and are alerted around 9am, only because it would allow for more time to offer unclaimed tickets to other lottery participants. 

But for now, the lottery is meant only for those who can make it to the theater in time. 

What will they perform at the Tonys?
 May 18 2016, 11:20:25 AM

So this is happening...

https://twitter.com/fessiejant/status/732646510274347008

This could just be for the Late Late Show, but I'm gonna guess it's for the Tonys

Selling one Hiptix to She Loves Me 6/8
 May 17 2016, 01:14:09 PM

Just so you know, I don't think Roundabout will let you pick up HipTix on any day other than the day of the performance. I tried doing this to sell a ticket of mine for Long Day's Journey, but was told I had to transfer the ticket to another HipTix account by calling Roundabout. The process is pretty simple if you end up having to do that. 

She can share a car with Danny!
 Apr 24 2016, 01:30:34 AM

Jane2 said: "And I just bought a ticket for Apr, 30 to see Michael. oh no. His name isn't above the title is it?

Call Telecharge customer service. They'll help you exchange the ticket for another date regardless of who's performing that night.

She Loves Me rush lately?
 Apr 22 2016, 09:55:42 AM

I asked the box office about 2 hours before a Saturday matinee during previews just cause I was curious. I was offered 2 rush tickets up in the rear mezz way to the side for $47. Not sure if all rush is in the rear mezz, but there is a discount for $50 seats in the rear mezz, so if it is, it's pretty pointless to wait on line for rush unless you want to save $3. 

Article: SHUFFLE ALONG Producers Ask to Be Excused from Awards
 Apr 22 2016, 01:02:57 AM

It also seems irresponsible that a theatre would not have a playbill for every seat in the house for every performance, no matter how well they anticipate selling. 

Whatever their reason was for the change (and change back) I'm sure it wasn't that.

AMERICAN PSYCHO Reviews
 Apr 21 2016, 09:07:18 PM

I loved the show but I wasn't expecting raves. I could definitely see some snobs turning their nose up at this. 

Waitress Previews
 Apr 21 2016, 06:46:03 PM

Tickets for opening night are available on ticketmaster. All rear mezz, $99 and $69

Article: SHUFFLE ALONG Producers Ask to Be Excused from Awards
 Apr 21 2016, 03:00:45 PM

Since rush is apparently all partial view, I'd be surprised if they do not extend the rush policy. I'm thinking the price will just increase, even though the price is already $40.

Also, even if this is considered a revival, I'd be shocked to see it win over Color Purple or even She Loves Me. 

Seating Question for American Psycho
 Apr 20 2016, 11:06:43 AM

I personally loved sitting in the front row and would definitely sit there again. It can be overwhelming to be so close, but I felt completely immersed in the show. And seeing the tears roll down Benjamin Walker's face when he sits at the edge of the stage during the beach scene was an especially memorable moment. 

Book of Mormon SRO
 Apr 19 2016, 03:49:40 PM

My sister and I got on the standing room line around 30 minutes before the lotto started on a thursday the week after easter, last month. We were 9 and 10th in line and were right in the center of the standing room positions. I think there was a couple who showed up after the lotto (when we were all brought into the box office) who were able to buy standing room tickets. 

Also when we first arrived, we were about 25 people back in line because most of the people in line

Shows that picked the right theatre
 Apr 19 2016, 12:56:21 PM

Even though it didn't last very long, I thought Godspell at the Circle in the Square in 2011 was wonderful

American Psycho Lottery Question
 Apr 19 2016, 11:08:09 AM

Can't say anything about the lotto, but the band is in the boxes for this show. From what I've heard, rush is mostly extreme side orchestra and sometimes rear mezz. Because lotto costs a little more, I would hope the seats are better than rush.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You