News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AuntSuzzy

Member Name: AuntSuzzy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 09:05:30 PM
It’s wrong and disrespectful in many ways, but it must also be a crushing disappointment for ASTEP. They had to be expecting some serious donations.
Glick in Little Shop  Nov 6 2019, 04:28:54 PM

I was there last night. Glick was wonderful: adorably rubbery and faux-clumsy movements and beautiful singing in contrast. Couldn’t imagine a better performance.

Patti out of War Paint?  Apr 19 2017, 05:24:11 PM

I was at today's matinee. They offered refunds or you were invited to see the show and get another (free) ticket to another performance at which Patty Lupone was performing. House was full.

The Hairy Ape?  Mar 28 2017, 12:48:55 AM

I'm going Wednesday. Even if O'Neill and Expressionist theater aren't your thing, the cast is fantastic and the staging will be amazing. The Armory is a unique space in NYC - I highly recommend the experience. Last year Kenneth Branagh's Macbeth filling the Drill Hall was unforgettable. If you can get a ticket, go!

GROUNDHOG DAY Previews  Mar 16 2017, 10:35:05 PM

They performed Act 1 concert style, brief intermission, will come back to perform 5 songs from Act 2 without dialogue. 

GROUNDHOG DAY Previews  Mar 16 2017, 10:35:03 PM

They performed Act 1 concert style, brief intermission, will come back to perform 5 songs from Act 2 without dialogue. 

GROUNDHOG DAY Previews  Mar 16 2017, 10:05:13 AM

Also got a free ticket for tonight.  Got an email last night promising "celebratory surprises." ??? 

Trudeau at COME FROM AWAY  Mar 16 2017, 09:50:27 AM

I was there last night. Only time I've had trouble exiting the theater after curtain because the audience was surging toward the stage (Trudeau and Ivanka) and not away from it. He was very charming in his pre-show remarks.

Any other Public members having issues  Dec 15 2016, 03:28:48 PM

I got numbers. I went from 218 to 192 to 1 ( for 15 minutes) and now 182. What the...?

Women of A Certain Age at the Public  Nov 10 2016, 12:19:16 AM

I also saw it last weekend. There's actually a fair amount of discussion about Hillary. I think it will necessarily evoke  a strong response to the political situation, although the plays haven't been overtly political. I found it incredibly moving, my favorite of the trilogy. 

Groundhog Day Presale  Oct 9 2016, 01:36:23 PM

Articles announcing the transfer of Groundhog Day to Broadway in spring 2017 said that Ticketmaster would begin a presale on October 12. Anyone know more?

Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Aug 12 2016, 08:13:05 PM

The venue, Town Hall, offers membership with advance ticket access. Lowest level is $250. Don't know if there are other presale opportunities. 

Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?  Jul 23 2016, 02:42:54 PM

While waiting for the Hadestown OCR (heard they recorded it) I'm also deeply into Anais Mitchell's concept album. 

update: Hamilton lotto entrants  Jun 17 2016, 10:23:50 AM

I won a couple of weeks ago. You can't pick up the tickets until 1/2 hour before curtain, with photo ID. They announce winners st 4 pm and curtain time the day I won is 7 pm, so you can't live too far away if you want to use the tickets.  I think the odds are better if you only want one ticket -NYTimes reported this in their article on the economics of Hamilton. 

Anyone remember Times Square and 42nd St in the 80s?  May 15 2016, 08:09:20 PM

The influx of big money and private/public partnerships has made it worth it for theater owners to restore the beautiful Broadwsy theaters we have left. I can't think of one Broadway theater that hasn't been restored in the past 10-15 years. They're something for New Yorkers to be really proud of. So maybe there's some good from the Disney-fying?

AP Review  Apr 25 2016, 12:38:55 AM

Just saw the Sat matinee and was disturbed that there were whole rows of empty seats in the mezzanine. Are people turned off by the subject? Mixed reviews for a show that just opened shouldn't make that kind of difference. I hope it gets seen: Benjamin Walker's performance was riveting and the production design was original and really effective.

And people, can we all just get along?

Article: SHUFFLE ALONG Producers Ask to Be Excused from Awards  Apr 20 2016, 11:38:31 PM

NYTimes reporting that the Tony committee will decide if it's treated as a revival on 4/29, the day after the 4/28 opening, so it would seem they have to open without knowing their Tony category. But really, how on earth can this be a revival when the book is entirely different and it's explicitly about the making of, and aftermath of, the original production?

Waitress Previews  Apr 14 2016, 10:05:55 PM

Saw this last weekend and I agree about poor enunciation/clarity of sound. I was surprised that (at least last Saturday night) the performers were all wearing headset microphones. The headsets were visible and seemed like a really clunky choice. Also the sound was uneven in volume. Did anyone else notice the headsets? Anyone better acquainted with what might be happening with sound design during previews?

Final decision  Apr 13 2016, 11:42:04 PM

That's a lot of (excellent) musicals. I highly recommend The Humans as a non-musical palate cleanser. It's an extraordinary play: touching, funny, and both culturally and politically resonant.  Enjoy your visit!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You