News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Leaf Coneybear

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Member Name: Leaf Coneybear
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Funniest/Funnest Broadway (or Off) Musical Right Now?  Mar 27 2024, 12:01:34 PM

ardiem said: "Oh, Mary! comes to mind but will probably be difficult to rush for and isn't a musical. In terms of what you can find on TKTS today, I'd recommend Dead Outlaw."

IMO Oh, Mary! is one of the funniest shows I've seen in years, and I'm usually a much bigger fan of musicals than plays. But you're right, it will not be easy to rush. Either way, I suggest OP not miss this one.

Future of the Museum of Broadway  Feb 28 2024, 04:00:53 PM

Scarywarhol said: "Its is more akin to the Times Square tourist trap model of Madame Tussaud's or Spyscape than actual New York museums showcasing art and knowledge, and this is what's such a bummer. Even or especially if it closes fast, how long does this delay our ever getting a real performing arts museum? So many dreams of what that could look like. For now, folks who want that are better off going to the Lincoln Center library when they have an exhibit on."

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)  Feb 25 2024, 12:37:21 AM

Saw this last night and really enjoyed it! A fun time, and while I do agree that it's a bit long for a no-intermission show, I do have to say it created one of the funniest moments of the show. After 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Dawn's vagina bites off the first dick and she holds it over her head

the audience went nu

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 23 2024, 03:04:50 PM

Saw this a few nights ago and really enjoyed it - though, as others have said, I think this was mostly because of the play itself rather than this production. All the acting was great, and I did love watching that stage and set design. 

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 22 2024, 10:45:43 PM

Wow, that was amazing!! 

80 minutes of non-stop hilarity - a great mix of stupid sexual jokes and genuine funny camp, one of my favorite shows I've seen in a long time. So glad I was able to catch this, hope I'll be able to see it again one day.

That being said, the seating in this theater is ATROCIOUS. I know it's been said on here, but I was in the back orchestra and could literally see everyone in the theater moving their heads constantly trying to see around

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)  Feb 22 2024, 03:27:09 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Well you better decide soon. According to their website there are two single tickets left (one each for two different dates) for the entire run."

Could be wrong, but I thought they set aside a certain number of seats for rush?

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)  Feb 22 2024, 03:09:43 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS said: "Ok, so ANYWAY - any reports from the first preview last night?"

Would also love to know - trying to decide between seeing this or Prayer for the French Republic on Saturday (my last night in the city)

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 21 2024, 01:41:23 PM

A little sad I bought $200 rear side orchestra seats for tomorrow before they announced the extension... ah, well. Still super excited (although nervous... I'm very short and have heard only bad things about the orch)

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 16 2024, 09:53:42 AM

yyys said: "Wish it's at a different venue. That mezzanine is horrible. No rake in the orchestra eitherfrom what I've heard. Hope they don't jack up the prices on the extension."

This is the most I've ever paid for a show - I've heard terrible things about the orchestra and as a 4"11' person I'm reeeaalllly hoping it's not that bad!

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 15 2024, 12:42:13 PM

Wow, I can't believe how popular this show is - I'm coming into town next week and pretty much every night is sold out. I ended up paying $200 for the very last seat, more than I've EVER paid for a show in my life! Hope it's worth it, I have high hopes.

Titanique  Feb 15 2024, 12:40:19 PM

AllThatJazz2 said: "Has anyone been recently? Is this still worth a ticket? Considering tacking on a second show this weekend for my trip."

I went a few months ago, it's a lot of fun. I think watching the movie again beforehand make the experience better, there's a bit with a "propeller" that I never would have gotten if I hadn't watched the movie a few weeks before seeing it but killed me.

Theater in Chicago  Feb 11 2024, 08:24:27 PM

I saw Highway Patrol last week - really underwhelming. I kind of don't understand how it's getting such great WOM.

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 7 2024, 03:06:16 PM

As a huge Abraham Lincoln nerd, I've decided to fly in in a few weeks purely for this. So excited!

Gutenberg rush  Nov 21 2023, 02:53:06 PM

A few weeks ago I showed up around 10:30 for a noon opening and was 6th in line. I got a seat in the last row of the orchestra, as did the people in front of me in line (just one row further up.) 

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Reviews  Nov 19 2023, 02:37:49 PM

KevinKlawitter said: "This is a little random, but has there been any discussion about filming this show? It feels like the sort of thing that could play well on Netflix in the same way something likeOh, Hello did."

As much as I would love this, I think Kroll and Mulaney's names are what convinced Netflix to pick the show up. Not sure Gad and Rannells have the same draw

re: Funny and Unforgetable Ad-Libs  Nov 7 2023, 02:26:43 PM

Alex M said: "Now that Spamalot is back, I thought it might be a good time to revive this thread. A lot of different ad-libs happened during the opening preview. Some notable ones were Taran Killam, as the main Night of Ni, saying that they are now the knights who say: *proceeds to do the full ending of the song 'Thriller' with the rest of the knights dancing behind him*. Leslie Kritzer told the audience that Santa wasn't real out of nowhere, which elicited a mixed reacti

Q  Nov 5 2023, 06:11:48 PM

TheQuibbler said: "Question for those who have seen it (possible spoilers, but more of an interpretation question):

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
What was with the false starts in Act I every time they got into the “car” and before they started singing? They’re staged almost as if the actor themse
SPAMALOT 2023 Previews  Nov 5 2023, 12:54:07 PM

I've been in Spamalot three times so I feel like I know the material pretty well, and while I enjoyed myself seeing the show last night, something felt... off? I really can't quite put my finger on why. 

Part of it was defintely the set. Lord, can we PLEASE just get some big splashy broadway sets?? I'm sick of projectons. Although I do sort of get it for this show, I wish at least there would have been some more color. The browns and grays were just so boring. 

Dicks: The Musical  Oct 8 2023, 03:37:13 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "This is so funny and deranged, I cannot believe it's playing in (select) multiplexes. It has strong musical comedy songs and the performances are great, though I just kept wishing I was watching it on stage instead of on screen.

For some reason this isn't playing ANYWHERE in Chicago - I can't imagine why! I'm so sad, I was really looking forward to it.

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Previews  Oct 5 2023, 02:01:30 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "The Producersis unrevivable in today’s climate due to its subject matter. Satire has lost a lot of its luster these last several years."

That's utterly ridiculous. If the movie can survive after coming out less than 25 years after World War 2, a revival would be fine. Is it really so different from The Book of Mormon, which is also "offensive?" 

That being said, as much as I would love a Producers r

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You