News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kingfan011

Member Name: kingfan011
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
 Mar 7 2024, 03:29:51 PM

Just curious as I don't really know the history is this show considered well regarded. I remember seeing a touring production when I was a teenager and found it fairly annoying

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Dec 7 2023, 06:58:54 PM

Skip23 said: "And I say go for Jonathan's understudy. I'm not that enamored with Groff in this role. Mendez is my MVP. Poor Radcliffe fades into the background.

"

Wow Radcliffe is that bad for you?

Will Radcliffe get nominated for Merrily
 Nov 26 2023, 12:56:30 AM

This is the actually question here regarding the revival. Radcliffe has tried to get nominations but never has so do you think the Tonys like his performance enough that they let him in. If he doesn't get nominated here he never will.

Jonathan Groffs chances at a Tony
 Nov 9 2023, 06:38:48 PM

I'm more curious if Radcliffe will finally get nominated

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews
 Sep 30 2023, 08:30:55 PM

Interesting people seem to think Radcliffe is decent now. My friend is seeing this next month, Illl be curious what he thinks

American Psycho
 Sep 24 2023, 11:33:24 PM

Its a great show. Also a great movie and a genuinely brilliant works of literature. I wish the Broadway production was more successful. It deserved it.

Sep 24 2023, 12:15:51 AM

So Daniel Radcliffe is like Julia Roberts in Three Days of Rain

Sep 21 2023, 10:53:57 AM

yahyahyah said: "I have to be honest. I love this musical very much. Seen it at various theatres over the years, the documentary, etc. including the Roundabout revival, and this at NYTW last year.

I think Groff is giving a spectacular performance. I am colder about the folks supporting him. Perhaps it’s audience nostalgia for Harry Potter, but, I don’t believe Radcliffe would have ever scored that role without his box office appeal. He’s quite woode

Sep 20 2023, 11:08:11 PM

leefowler said: "I thought this was tremendous, and am a little surprised by some of the cooler responses here."

Will the reviews be good though.? Sounds like an extremely divisive production with a not great performance at its center.

Sep 20 2023, 01:30:59 PM

Scarywarhol said: "I can't believe that there's a Broadway production of this and I'm barely interested, but I saw the cinema release of its West End iteration and it basically reminded me of the Carrie revisal. So eager to appear competent above all else that it managed to make one of the most unique shows of all time feel generic and dull. Just felt like a real lack of theatrical vision directorialy. Did it change much or at all at NYTW?"

Why isn't there a August Osage County revival?
 Aug 19 2023, 12:14:03 AM

Its one of our great plays

Biggest differences between OOT tryouts and Broadway
 Jul 14 2023, 07:26:13 PM

What shows have you seen that had the biggest changes from out of town to Broadway

Do famous people in the audience sell tickets to a show?
 Jul 5 2023, 02:07:51 PM

Lets hear stories everyone. What favorite were you sitting near?

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Jun 27 2023, 04:08:56 PM

So interesting at these different reaction to Gaten

"Lips Together, Teeth Apart" Benefit Reading
 Apr 6 2020, 11:39:35 PM

I watched it completely blind. I had no previous knowledge. While its a bit of its time its ultimately a very moving play. The actress in particular who played Sally was great and heartbreaking.

Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread
 Feb 21 2020, 07:05:12 PM

sndtrklvr said: "Saw the matinee yesterday. Have to be honest as much as I like SJP, I had low expectations going in. But both she and Broderick had great charm and made what was never that great a play into a fun two hours. I was roaring at the finale as was the rest of the audience. An audience made up mostly of older to middle-aged women. So that's their audience.

Both Parker and Broderick signed after and they got to everyone for what was a relatively small crowd.

John Lithgow's Best Broadway Performance
 Feb 21 2020, 07:02:59 PM

JSquared2 said: "kingfan011 said: "Whydid he win for Sweet Smell. Does anybody know? Has he ever been awful on stage?"

I'm guessing he won because he received the most votes that year??
"

It seems like everyone says the show was horrible. Did he really rise that much above the poor quality of everything else?

Feb 21 2020, 10:45:48 AM

Why did he win for Sweet Smell. Does anybody know? Has he ever been awful on stage?

Feb 20 2020, 07:36:57 PM

What is Lithgows best performance?

Neil LaBute
 Oct 7 2019, 10:25:26 AM

Personally for me never topped In The Company of Men which remains a brilliant and slightly misunderstood film. Everything has been varying qualities of versions of that.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You